• Dec 2nd, 2010 4:11 pm
Tags:
None
May 30, 2001
145 posts
15 upvotes

2 for $5

I notice recently SuperStore has changed their multiples policy
where if it was 2 for $5 they would charge you $2.50 if you bought one but I have notice lately that if you buy 1 of on a multiple deal it i higher
for example I bought the thin Bagels this week They were 2 for $5 but I got charged $3.50 for one

and there was something last week I bought 3 of it was 2 for $4 and my receipt showed 2 at $2 and one at $2.99

I know Shoppers always says what the single unit price is but there is no indicator on the SS shelf labels are they legally obliged to show the single unit price?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
ingress wrote: I notice recently SuperStore has changed their multiples policy
where if it was 2 for $5 they would charge you $2.50 if you bought one but I have notice lately that if you buy 1 of on a multiple deal it i higher
for example I bought the thin Bagels this week They were 2 for $5 but I got charged $3.50 for one

and there was something last week I bought 3 of it was 2 for $4 and my receipt showed 2 at $2 and one at $2.99

I know Shoppers always says what the single unit price is but there is no indicator on the SS shelf labels are they legally obliged to show the single unit price?

The times I have been to Superstore they have had "less than multiples" or "over limit" prices displayed, and that's not a recent occurrence. I would suggest you didn't see those. If they don't list the others, then they could quite easily (and rightly, I would suggest) argue that if the displayed price was "2 for $4" for example, that the expectation is that the customer will buy 2 and ask about pricing for different numbers (i.e. 1, 3, 5, etc).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario

Was it '2 for $4' or was it 'multi buy savings when you buy 2 or more). Even with the multi buy though it was always the discounted price for more than two. Was the third one a different size or flavour?
You may have found a pricing error, where SCOP would apply.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ingress wrote: I notice recently SuperStore has changed their multiples policy...
I've seen the same at other stores recently. It's just another way for them to sneak price increases on the unwary.
there was something last week I bought 3 of it was 2 for $4 and my receipt showed 2 at $2 and one at $2.99
Even more egregious since you bought more than the minimum number (two) of items. Again, few people will notice this.

And no, SCOP won't help because the prices, both twofer and onesies, are both presumably shown on the shelf.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
Might want to add the who-what-where-why to the title of this post...
Jul 31, 2008
244 posts
79 upvotes

These Loblaw affiliated multi-buys (incl Superstore) - the shelf label lists how much saved and with a quick calculation one should be able to find the single unit price.

Take the 2 for $4 (2.99 individual) product - the shelf label should have indicated that you saved 1.98 by buying two.

4 + 1.98 = 5.98 / 2 = 2.99 single unit price.