• Jun 16th, 2018 1:09 am
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1599 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
AaronNetherson wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:13 am
I am applying for staff accountant and intermediate accountant in audit and assurance or tax positions in public accounting firms. I am wondering how can I put accomplishments on my resume with numerical value that would impress HR managers or partners.
I am also in accounting (fin analyst at a bank) and that example I just put about saving money is something that has gotten attention. Been asked about it during my interview and when I interviewed where I work know, they asked me about that project.

Not sure how you can tailor it to public accounting (never applied to firms), especially since I dont know you experience but talking about savings or effiiciency is a good place to start. Assuming you have lije Tax preperation experience, say something like "Analyze and Amend nearly 50 prior year tax returns on a monthly basis in accordance with the income tax act, resulting in additional client tax savings of over $50,000"

I just made that up on the spot but managers can make a few assumtptions based on that.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4293 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
use a recruiter. Although you may not land a position in TOP insitutions, real people will be looking at your resume - not through a system. They WILL help you asap.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): 2 Queen St East or Eaton Centre (or nearby places)
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)