Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2165 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga

2 months into job and still no love/groove

Has anyone had this experience? I'm now two months in and STILL nothing. I left my old company for this new one for the opportunity but I absolutely hate the environment and culture. It seems I was also sold a inferior opportunity.

My last company countered when I resigned but I had already made up my mind. Now, I'm wondering if I should reach out to them? I mean I'm still in contact with my old boss but I mean let him know about how I feel. It's been two months of agony and I miss my old company deeply. Gah!

Also note my industry is small so I'm also worried about how it will make my new boss look at me down the road, if it ever came to that.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2008
2176 posts
339 upvotes
Montreal
Don't stay in the job you hate. Contact your old boss plus apply jobs in other companies
Instagram: prince_of_chips
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
CSIFan29 wrote: Has anyone had this experience? I'm now two months in and STILL nothing. I left my old company for this new one for the opportunity but I absolutely hate the environment and culture. It seems I was also sold a inferior opportunity.

My last company countered when I resigned but I had already made up my mind. Now, I'm wondering if I should reach out to them? I mean I'm still in contact with my old boss but I mean let him know about how I feel. It's been two months of agony and I miss my old company deeply. Gah!

Also note my industry is small so I'm also worried about how it will make my new boss look at me down the road, if it ever came to that.
Going through the same. Can't stand my new job. Been looking for something new!

I understand how you feel- this wasn't what I was described/ company culture sucks.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
You'll get various opinions and vast past experiences from people, only you can choose what is best for you.

In my case, I left Firm A for Firm B for more money, and I regret it right away. However after a year, I stopped dwelling and looking back today, I am glad i made the change. Although 1 year can be a long time to wait...

Best of luck with whatever route you decide, at the end of the day don't have any regrets.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Just be glad you guys have a job.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
Tonberry wrote: Don't stay in the job you hate. Contact your old boss plus apply jobs in other companies
I wouldn't go back to the previous job - that ship has sailed, not a good idea.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3532 upvotes
coolspot wrote: I wouldn't go back to the previous job - that ship has sailed, not a good idea.
Really depends on the relationship you have with previous job. I've seen it happen both ways, going back successfully and going back unsuccessfully.....

If you have awesome relationship, best friends forever, and lots of mutual understanding...they will take you back in a heartbeat if the only reason why you left was to "see what's out there" or looking for room to grow, or things have changed for better in previous company.

If you don't have that type of relationship...don't be surprised if you get the cold shoulder.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2165 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
bhrm wrote: Really depends on the relationship you have with previous job. I've seen it happen both ways, going back successfully and going back unsuccessfully.....

If you have awesome relationship, best friends forever, and lots of mutual understanding...they will take you back in a heartbeat if the only reason why you left was to "see what's out there" or looking for room to grow, or things have changed for better in previous company.

If you don't have that type of relationship...don't be surprised if you get the cold shoulder.
We definitely have that type of relationship (as I said, we're still in contact). I just find it awkward to say 'please rehire me'.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5244 posts
3532 upvotes
CSIFan29 wrote: We definitely have that type of relationship (as I said, we're still in contact). I just find it awkward to say 'please rehire me'.
Have they found a replacement for your position? If not just be honest and tell them how things are going with your new role.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5697 posts
1522 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
No such thing as a perfect job.
Accountant (Public Practice)
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1988 posts
339 upvotes
Canada
If u truly love your old job contact your boss and asked if you can come back you have nothing to lose
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2010
1088 posts
352 upvotes
bluenose2 wrote: If u truly love your old job contact your boss and asked if you can come back you have nothing to lose
Wait till boss low balls op. ☺
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1599 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
Ask yourself why you left in the first place. When your original company countered your new offer you still decided to leave. So there must have been something lacking in your old company.

Sounds like you'd be settling and choosing the devil you know vs the devil you're not sure about (because 2 months isn't really that long in the grand scheme).

Have you considered looking to apply to a third company? And maybe this time be clear during the interview process about your expectations with regard to environment and culture?

Not that there's anything wrong about going back to your old company but whatever caused you to hit the point where to wanted to leave is probably still there. It's only a matter of time before it hits again. Get to the root of the problem and solve it at that level.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7083 posts
5213 upvotes
Wow, a company lied about the prospects of a job.

Who would have thought that a company would lie so you would accept a lower wage?

And now your salary progression is stunted because of it.

Welcome to Ontario.