Cell Phones

2 questions about BB Q5 and how much should i get for a SIIX?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2014 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster

2 questions about BB Q5 and how much should i get for a SIIX?

hi,
Trying to come up with money to buy a Q5 and need to know if that phone will work with 7/11's Speak-Out? i have no real knowledge of BB phones except that they do things differently so companies have separate plans for them.

Also i have a mint/near mint Samsung Galaxy SIIX that i may put on Kijiji or Craigs List and have no clue what to ask for and what to accept as an offer so anyone know what the used value is - it is also Unlocked and comes with protective case.

Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
The S2X is now approaching 3 years old; I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 (perfect condition, unlocked and comes with case + screen protector) for it.

Edit: Ahhh didn't read the entire thread. Your phone fits my description pretty well, so I'd push for 90~100.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2471 posts
3656 upvotes
Quebec
Sold my S2 recently for 120$ with 3 cases and screen protector,in good condition overall.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
IMO the S2X is worth $125-$150. pentaband phone, decently powerful and good sized screen, but like the others said, real old now.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12016 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Keas wrote: Trying to come up with money to buy a Q5 and need to know if that phone will work with 7/11's Speak-Out? i have no real knowledge of BB phones except that they do things differently so companies have separate plans for them.
No one is answering the main question.

Yes, it will work with Speak Out
The Q5 runs BB10 and no longer requires a separate plan. It just uses a generic data plan.
You can even load 90% of the Android Apps in the Play Store. There is no direct access to the Play Store, but you can install the .apk if you copy it to your phone.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
MonsieurX wrote: Sold my S2 recently for 120$ with 3 cases and screen protector,in good condition overall.
Thanks! Actually had a similar question as OP, but own a SII. I would be selling almost at cost at that price, but not sure if I want to let go - it's been a great phone
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
Gee wrote: No one is answering the main question.

Yes, it will work with Speak Out
The Q5 runs BB10 and no longer requires a separate plan. It just uses a generic data plan.
You can even load 90% of the Android Apps in the Play Store. There is no direct access to the Play Store, but you can install the .apk if you copy it to your phone.
thank you , glad to hear it will work since i don't use a phone enough to even pay 11.20 a month (tax inc.) and would like to buy a prepaid card that can ;last a year if i don't use it much and if i start using it more than i still have a good deal.
How do i wipe all info from a phone? I've upgraded the OS so it cant do a factory reset as far as i know unless they do it with the new upgrade.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12016 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Keas wrote: How do i wipe all info from a phone? I've upgraded the OS so it cant do a factory reset as far as i know unless they do it with the new upgrade.
I am assuming you are asking about your Samsung?

Settings

Under Personal
Backup & Reset

Under Personal Data
Factory Data Reset
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4114 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
Gee wrote: I am assuming you are asking about your Samsung?

Settings

Under Personal
Backup & Reset

Under Personal Data
Factory Data Reset
thanks.