Careers

2 year programming diploma Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2018 8:43 am
[OP]
Sep 14, 2018
1 posts

2 year programming diploma Ontario

I am a 32-year-old MD graduate and a recent PR and planning to land in Canada next summer:
I am planning to take shift my career into computer science and these are the options I have:
1) 2-year diploma (including co-op semesters, I mean that runs for 3 semesters) in a good college in Ontario.
Which one you recommend the best in terms of education and co-op opportunities (Algonquin, Humber, Sheridan, Seneca, Centennial)?

2) Do a new 4-year bachelor in computer science but I think it is too late, for the title, I already have MD and masters, I can learn the courses of CS theory on my own.

Thank you
2 replies
Sep 15, 2018
3 posts
Computer science is a very broad topic. Find one area you are interested in and you can learn it on your own. Then make an open source project or something.
Jan 1, 2010
19 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever you do, don't do the 2 year program at any college. It looks like a good option because you want to get in the labour force ASAP. However, no one will hire you if you don't have any experience go with the 3 year program that includes co-op I cannot stress this enough. If you go with the co-op program the school will help you find a job and you get valuable work experience.

Cyber security is a great niche but it is quite difficult.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)