Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$20 google play credit when you buy a chromecast

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2016 11:10 am
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1075 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
I have 3 chromecast. 2 of the first gen, one of the 2015. Zero offers for me. Actually 2 of the first gen don't even show up in my google cast app though I can cast to them from youtube etc.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
2212 posts
460 upvotes
Guelph
Just bought the Chromecast the other day with my RBC Rewards points then saw in the Chromecast app that there's the $20 credit. Didn't even know about that deal prior to buying. Surprise deals are the best deals. lol.
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
665 upvotes
Ottawa
Fingers crossed this lasts long enough to grab the new Chromecast coming (next week?) and get the $20 with that one...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
eternity525 wrote:
KrayZeeMofo wrote: So one can claim and add credits to their account up till Oct 8, but do the credits expire?
1 year from date of last earned. you can extend that by downloading the Google Opinion Rewards app.
Could you explain a little more the opinion rewards advantage over expiration of play credits?
Nov 26, 2003
835 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto
JFRACINE wrote:
eternity525 wrote:
KrayZeeMofo wrote: So one can claim and add credits to their account up till Oct 8, but do the credits expire?
1 year from date of last earned. you can extend that by downloading the Google Opinion Rewards app.
Could you explain a little more the opinion rewards advantage over expiration of play credits?
The Google Play credits expires in 1 year (or it used to, I can't find an expiry date on payment.google.com to back this up). By signing up on Google Opinion Rewards, you get Google Play credits periodically (when you do surveys) and that will refreshe your expiry date for another year.
Mar 14, 2007
311 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
Just set up a Chromecast Audio last night, which I bought at least 6 months ago. Redeemed the $20 credit without issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
eternity525 wrote:
JFRACINE wrote:
eternity525 wrote:

The Google Play credits expires in 1 year (or it used to, I can't find an expiry date on payment.google.com to back this up). By signing up on Google Opinion Rewards, you get Google Play credits periodically (when you do surveys) and that will refreshe your expiry date for another year.
you remind me I didnt received any survey for the last 4 months.. It kind of weird because before that I was receiving one or two each months :/
Oct 11, 2007
499 posts
399 upvotes
Montreal
Purchased a cc audio from Walmart couple weeks ago.
Redeemed the $20. Today. Thanks
Sep 21, 2003
357 posts
47 upvotes
ottawa
What is the use of this....explain the need to cast from phone or tablet to TV etc...I am missing something
Sanity is the Playground for the Un-imaginitive
Jun 18, 2003
764 posts
76 upvotes
can the credit apply to google voice balance ? thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
FYI - i have two Chromecast 1's i bought back in January that were still in the boxes, activated them and got the two $20 credits added to my account.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
I maxed out with 5 cc! Got it for a several YO chromecast video. Then my CC audio which was activated before christmas last year. Had luck with another that was bought at the same time but never activated. Bought 2 more during the walmart sale, and had success with both too. I don't spend $100 on Play store, but will make sure I redeem it before expiry
Nov 6, 2012
445 posts
736 upvotes
Edmonton
Story time.

So I bought 2 Chromecast Audios with the Walmart sale and got the $40 credit.. decided I didn't like them and returned the units, keeping the $40 credit :D
Best part is, my local small town Walmart doesn't have the Chromecast Audio in their system yet and I guess the employee wasn't paying attention but they manually refunded me 2 FULL price Chromecasts.

Basically paid $50 for $100 and $40 Google Play Credit lulz.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
pagal wrote: What is the use of this....explain the need to cast from phone or tablet to TV etc...I am missing something
It basically turns your tv into a "smart tv" and your phone into a very cool remote for the smart features of said tv.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1541 posts
763 upvotes
T Dot
thanks OP, purchased one yesterday and just claimed the $20 credit
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
benilla wrote: Story time.

So I bought 2 Chromecast Audios with the Walmart sale and got the $40 credit.. decided I didn't like them and returned the units, keeping the $40 credit :D
Best part is, my local small town Walmart doesn't have the Chromecast Audio in their system yet and I guess the employee wasn't paying attention but they manually refunded me 2 FULL price Chromecasts.

Basically paid $50 for $100 and $40 Google Play Credit lulz.
similar story time.

she never bothered opening the box, I mean, I could have returned an empty box and gotten away with it.

she also tried to refund me $45*3 (which is what shows up when she scanned the box) instead of what I paid($22*3), I pointed out her mistake and she was visibly annoyed, yes, annoyed, not grateful, she was annoyed because she had to manually type in the correct amount! f*ck me, right?

she still ended up refunding me extra environmental fee that the online order never charged me for.

you'd think they would let incompetent/inexperienced people be cashiers instead, nope.

stop trying to hand out free money, jeez.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
May 3, 2010
251 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
can you claim more than one $20 credit per google email/account? I have both the TV and audio version and wanted to claim both on my main google account.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
peety6 wrote: can you claim more than one $20 credit per google email/account? I have both the TV and audio version and wanted to claim both on my main google account.
the max is 5, I claimed 3.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Feb 7, 2004
231 posts
23 upvotes
Saint John
Thanks OP, I got 60 dollars from the 3 CC audios I bought from the Walmart deal a while back.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
peety6 wrote: can you claim more than one $20 credit per google email/account? I have both the TV and audio version and wanted to claim both on my main google account.
yes, i claimed two on the same google email account.