Expired Hot Deals

20% off Men's Canada Goose at www.Simons.ca. Until Dec 31, 2012

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2013 3:41 pm
Jun 2, 2004
372 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Just placed an order yesterday with Sporting Life for a Bomber jacket, cancelled that and ordered a Expedition parka for practically the same price at simons!!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
qsub wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 2:46 pm
I assume the Chilliwack Aviator is the same as just the Chilliwack?
Yes. Although this is the first time I have seen a retailer refer to the Chilliwack as an aviator jacket as opposed to a bomber jacket (same thing though).
heat?? wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:03 pm
are these jackets unisex?
No. Here's a post I wrote in response to someone yesterday who asked the question in the Fashion & Apparel subforum:
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:27 pm
They wouldn't have male and female offerings if they were unisex. Often a woman's version is cut slimmer, shorter, etc. than its male counterpart. However, even if you find a woman's version that fits you, it will be identifiable as a female version because of the direction of the storm flap. When the storm flap originates on the left and sticks to the right, it's a man's garment. When the storm flap originates on the right and sticks to the left, it's a woman's garment. This isn't limited to Canada Goose jackets either. A man's peacoat, you go left flap over right. A woman's peacoat, you go right flap over left. A man's shirt, the right side has the buttons that are fastened through the left (again, left flap over right). A woman's blouse, the left side has the buttons that are fastened through the right (again, right flap over left). Men also have their belts pointy end to the left. Women have their belts pointy end right. Men = left, women = right.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1478 posts
790 upvotes
Pickering, ON
^&^% i just bought mine 3 weeks ago...crap!!!!
Nov 13, 2008
46 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough
I was going to tell my sister about the sale, and then found out that the discount only applys to MEN! :facepalm:
Aug 3, 2006
872 posts
122 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:13 pm
asdasdasd
Oh hi there Canada Goose admin. Just a quick question. I've actually was always interested in the white chilliwack bomber but I noticed lots of places don't carry them and if they do, they carry bigger sizes. Any reason for this? Just no demand?
Dec 4, 2012
107 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Oh, god I my canada goose jacket just shipped from ssense too.. and then simons puts it up for sale...
Nov 22, 2012
1 posts
From the look of the model jacket, looks like the older version
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
qsub wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:45 pm
Oh hi there Canada Goose admin. Just a quick question. I've actually was always interested in the white chilliwack bomber but I noticed lots of places don't carry them and if they do, they carry bigger sizes. Any reason for this? Just no demand?
Personally I'm not a fan of white, since it shows stains rather easily. Here are some shots I took of a women's Chilliwack in white that I picked up on the cheap many months ago, showing the stains close up:

No idea why you're not having luck finding a white jacket though. Best bet, really, is to shop in August or whenever stores start stocking for the upcoming fall season, or do like a bunch of the guys in the Fashion & Apparel subforum do and hunt for deals on eBay and Kijiji all year round.
hao5513 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 4:14 pm
From the look of the model jacket, looks like the older version
Cannot tell from the outside. Changes to the external branding haven't changed since about 2007/2008 (while the internal labels and such have changed a little bit) while the styling of the various jackets is essentially fixed year after year. But going by the regular prices on Simons, they're this year's prices ($595 is the going rate for a 2012-2013 Chilliwack, for example).

Looks like the Chateau parkas have all been snapped up. That's always a popular choice. I expect the Westmount to stay there a while, given its extreme overkill nature.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1340 posts
643 upvotes
North York
Wow...most sizes are gone anyway.
MoonSung wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 3:52 pm
Oh, god I my canada goose jacket just shipped from ssense too.. and then simons puts it up for sale...
Return them then buy them on sale!!!

If you can wait, bloomingdales will mark them down soon in the coming months.
Aug 3, 2006
872 posts
122 upvotes
Which jacket are you referring to? Didnt realize CG made different versions of the chilliwack?

lol people hate on CG because they don't have the money to spare on it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4906 posts
750 upvotes
Aritzia wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:43 pm
Wow...most sizes are gone anyway.
When OP first linked this Simons sale, there was a wide array of sizes and colours, and Chateau parkas also were available. Must be going fast.[/quote]
qsub wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:50 pm
Which jacket are you referring to? Didnt realize CG made different versions of the chilliwack?
Well, there's a men's and women's Chilliwack, of course. But there are also many special variations on the Chilliwack, ones lined with arctic fox fur, ones with wolverine fur, ones with silver fox fur, ones with different shells, two variants made for Drake, ones that can be worn inside out (Camo Fusion Chilliwack), etc.

The ones offered in this sale are just the standard Chilliwack, whose design has not changed very much since its release in the early 2000s, and essentially locked in design from an external standpoint from about 2007/2008 or so.
Oct 16, 2007
382 posts
40 upvotes
London
Thanks op, got the Polar Bears International Bomber on its way.

Subtotal: $515.95
Shipping: $0.00
discount (Xmas Newsletter subscription): -$15.00 (thanks for the code sc00ter77)
HST (#R102951670): : $65.12
TOTAL : $566.07
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
1594 posts
198 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am not one to purchase CG, but at 20% off, I couldn't resist. Bought Two. Thanks OP!!
:D
× < >