Edit: nvm its just slow.
---> Buy With Confidence! Check My Thread <---
For sale at the moment: Surface Pro
Want to buy: None
Nov 5, 2011
32 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
I just bought a Gotham men the north face jacket yesterday for 250$ plus taxes at La Cordée ( normally cost 370$). The deal is occur until jan 6. Today, I notice this deal for Canada goose. I still prefer the north face because it is fill with 550 goose and Canada goose is filling with 650 duck. The north face is waterproof and the faux-fur can be detachable. CG has real fur but the north face has 5 pocket outside and 2 inside. I know that CG is really popular at Toronto and people are saying that this may slowly become a uniform for the town. GC chilliwack cost 527$(include Quebec taxes 15%) and the TNF cost 287$ with taxes a difference of 240$ which is twice the price of a TNF. Two days ago when I was searching for a deal for a moose knuckles( they exclude the deal of moose knuckles on the promo buy 1 and get 1 free which I thought also that they may excluded). I only found a 650$ MK but still expensive.( On the website you can get for a 525$ plus taxes (included a promo code of 30% but almost every coats is sold out), I ask a manager on the store (not Simons) at montreal and he said that they are selling CG before but when 300 CG are sold, 100 CG are return due to a fabric problem. I am not saying that CG is bad by just one reference but that this is what the manager said to me. You don't need to believe it. By the way this is a review of a north face gotham that I bought.

On one hand, if you are willing to pay and got the money for a CG just buy it since you can't find any better deal that Simons, on the other hand if you are searching something simillar and cheaper just go with north face and click the link below to read my review. By the way they also sell a women jacket north face at la cordée 250$. I also speak French.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/gotham-m ... st16054934
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2007
1344 posts
644 upvotes
North York
davidth90 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:02 pm
I just bought a Gotham men the north face jacket yesterday for 250$ plus taxes at La Cordée ( normally cost 370$). The deal is occur until jan 6. Today, I notice this deal for Canada goose. I still prefer the north face because it is fill with 550 goose and Canada goose is filling with 650 duck. The north face is waterproof and the faux-fur can be detachable. CG has real fur but the north face has 5 pocket outside and 2 inside. I know that CG is really popular at Toronto and people are saying that this may slowly become a uniform for the town. GC chilliwack cost 527$(include Quebec taxes 15%) and the TNF cost 287$ with taxes a difference of 240$ which is twice the price of a TNF. Two days ago when I was searching for a deal for a moose knuckles( they exclude the deal of moose knuckles on the promo buy 1 and get 1 free which I thought also that they may excluded). I only found a 650$ MK but still expensive.( On the website you can get for a 525$ plus taxes (included a promo code of 30% but almost every coats is sold out), I ask a manager on the store (not Simons) at montreal and he said that they are selling CG before but when 300 CG are sold, 100 CG are return due to a fabric problem. I am not saying that CG is bad by just one reference but that this is what the manager said to me. You don't need to believe it. By the way this is a review of a north face gotham that I bought.

On one hand, if you are willing to pay and got the money for a CG just buy it since you can't find any better deal that Simons, on the other hand if you are searching something simillar and cheaper just go with north face and click the link below to read my review. By the way they also sell a women jacket north face at la cordée 250$. I also speak French.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/gotham-m ... st16054934
We paid $600 for a NF and it is no where as warm as CG which we actually paid a lot less than $600. Even with the same prices, we would choose CG anytime over NF just because CG is a lot warmer.

We own many NF and CG in the family and all of our CG winter parkas are between $256 to $515.
Aug 3, 2006
872 posts
122 upvotes
Problem that irks me a bit with NF is that it's made in China. Even if you think $250 is a steal deal, at the end of the day, the actual cost to manufacturer is probably less then $50. This is the same with Danier coats, which in general is why I stopped buying their expensive jackets. I do make exceptions when they're on sale <200.

I also probably would of grabbed the Gotham if there were still avail, but they were OOS. Any ideas on what was wrong with the CG fabric? That's a pretty vague statement so not exactly sure what to look for?
Nov 5, 2011
32 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
Aritzia wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:06 pm
We paid $600 for a NF and it is no where as warm as CG which we actually paid a lot less than $600. Even with the same prices, we would choose CG anytime over NF just because CG is a lot warmer.

We own many NF and CG in the family and all of our CG winter parkas are between $256 to $515.
well unless you live at the north of Canada(like at the north of edmonton), you don't need a CG. CG are made for people going to arctic. I live at Montreal and people wear CG because they don't know much on other brand that CG. CG is promoted by young people so everybody start to promote CG Coat like the best Coat ever. Just like me before, now I know some alternative like north face, parajumper, numero, moose knuckles, pajar, nobis etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1491 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
$500-700 to look like you have no fashion sense. awessoommmeeeeee.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
qsub wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 5:50 pm
lol people hate on CG because they don't have the money to spare on it.
I don't think it's that. People hate on it because there's just way TOO many people wearing it.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Oct 17, 2006
481 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Beradon wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:37 pm
I don't think it's that. People hate on it because there's just way TOO many people wearing it.
and what he said...
davidth90 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:28 pm
well unless you live at the north of Canada(like at the north of edmonton), you don't need a CG. CG are made for people going to arctic.
Nov 5, 2011
32 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
qsub wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:10 pm
Problem that irks me a bit with NF is that it's made in China. Even if you think $250 is a steal deal, at the end of the day, the actual cost to manufacturer is probably less then $50. This is the same with Danier coats, which in general is why I stopped buying their expensive jackets. I do make exceptions when they're on sale <200.

I also probably would of grabbed the Gotham if there were still avail, but they were OOS. Any ideas on what was wrong with the CG fabric? That's a pretty vague statement so not exactly sure what to look for?
Gotham is made in Bangladesh and I know that the real price is not 250$ and it probably cost less. As I said, do you have the money to buy a CG, if yes just buy it since it only based on one reference. If you want a brand that is also well known like Canada goose, not some unknown brands and you like to save some money just go with gotham. Like I said on the link of my post, la cordée offer you the warranty for life and if something wrong you can repair it by sending to the cordée and they will send to north face. Just need to wait 4-6 week.

This a review from attitude sport.

http://altitude-blog.com/north-face-coa ... ns-womens/
Nov 27, 2004
975 posts
174 upvotes
the funny thing is how big of a sale 20% is. when in actuality the prices of canada goose jackets pretty much increased by 18% since last year. lol still 2% savings
Jan 15, 2012
212 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
moulamou wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 7:41 pm
I am not one to purchase CG, but at 20% off, I couldn't resist. Bought Two. Thanks OP!!
Good gravy, I hope you did not buy the same style
Sep 6, 2012
127 posts
19 upvotes
CALGARY
originalgoods13 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:45 pm
Good gravy, I hope you did not buy the same style
I am interested in getting the chilliwack bomber jacket... I am 5'11 and 140lbs male, should I buy a medium or larger? how do the chilliwacks fit? too big?
Dec 4, 2007
577 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
powerchair1998 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 8:54 pm
I am interested in getting the chilliwack bomber jacket... I am 5'11 and 140lbs male, should I buy a medium or larger? how do the chilliwacks fit? too big?
I would say a Small will fit you fine. If Calgary is really cold and you want to wear a few layers inside, then get a Medium. Chilliwack definitely fits big.
× < >