Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sobeys

200 Airmiles for purchasing Sobeys Gift Card Again (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2016 12:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Arrgh wrote: Which Sobeys location were you able to do that?

Yes technically their system allows that, at the cashiers. But they seem to be disallowing cashiers to do that now. So not a technical issue, but more of a policy/execution issue.
It was a store in Kitchener, previously did it in a Waterloo store months before. Some cashiers will say no, some will do it. YMMV.
Mar 28, 2016
208 posts
572 upvotes
Anyone know if/what Sobey's overlap from one flyers deals to the others is on Friday's? like If I bought something at 12:01am next friday would I still get this weeks deal? lol
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
968 upvotes
Yellowknife
gardener28 wrote: Can I use sobeys gift card to buy other gift cards?
If you buy the Sobeys gift card that is good at Sobeys, Food Basics and Foodland, you have spending power at more than one store. You can give those as gifts.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
4473 posts
3843 upvotes
Ontario
coupondiva2012 wrote: If you buy the Sobeys gift card that is good at Sobeys, Food Basics and Foodland, you have spending power at more than one store. You can give those as gifts.
I think you meant Freshco, and not Food Basics, but I get your point.

Taken from Sobeys website...

Gift cards can be redeemed at all Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada*.
*Sobeys gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
gardener28 wrote: I like this idea, but why have to be quick? :cheesygri
Sometimes they will try to cancel the transaction
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
consumerPI wrote: I tried self checkout a few months back and was told that Gift Cards could only be purchased thru the cashiers.
That's what they say, but it works
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
On $150 GC, for cash airmiles, it's about $21 cashback and 14% return. Use your 2%-4% MasterCard/AMEX and well you know. :)
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Feb 1, 2010
124 posts
25 upvotes
Bolton
This may be a stupid question but can you get this more than once? I need 1000 air miles, can I buy 5 x $150 gift cards to achieve this? Thanks!
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
edgarm wrote: This may be a stupid question but can you get this more than once? I need 1000 air miles, can I buy 5 x $150 gift cards to achieve this? Thanks!
yes. in past events, there was no limit. i bought a few and got airmiles for each of them.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1524 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry for the dumb question:
Is it 3X$50 GC each time, or $150 each per transaction, or it doesn't matter, you can simply put $750 GC in total and you will get 1K air miles?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2006
1069 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton
VicRav wrote: I feel like these Sobey's AMs gift card deals rarely make it out West. At least I didn't see it in my flyer. If somebody sees otherwise let me know.
+1. Last time when the east had the Sobeys GC deal, I was hoping west would have one soon. I have been looking forward to one in west but nothing in the last say 2 years. :(
Jun 7, 2013
448 posts
353 upvotes
KANATA
Last time I got 600$ in gift cards...and the cashier had to get manager to approve.
Nov 26, 2015
887 posts
671 upvotes
Ontario
Are Sobey's gift card bought at Sobeys active right away? I would rather go in, buy the gift cards and then shop with the card in the same trip.

Can anyone also confirm if this deal is valid at Sobeys extra locations.
May 12, 2016
3 posts
Is there a UPC code or PLU code that goes with this offer/coupon?
Thanks
Nov 24, 2011
156 posts
20 upvotes
INNISFIL
Etabol wrote: Are Sobey's gift card bought at Sobeys active right away? I would rather go in, buy the gift cards and then shop with the card in the same trip.

Can anyone also confirm if this deal is valid at Sobeys extra locations.
When I bought a 100 GC last time it was active right away. Get it first then go shopping and use sobeys app for extra miles points.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Sobeys Thornhill even called my CC issuer to see if I can purchase the GC with the credit card. No one answered so the cashier let me insert my chipped CC to buy it.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1558 posts
734 upvotes
edgarm wrote: This may be a stupid question but can you get this more than once? I need 1000 air miles, can I buy 5 x $150 gift cards to achieve this? Thanks!
Yes but on 5 seperatly transactions
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
From Mondays to Thursdays, our local Sobey's give us $10 gift cards for $20 produce purchases.

Is there a single $150 gc?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)