Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simplii

$200 Intro Offer Simplii No Fee Account

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:19 am
Tags:
None
Sep 30, 2018
216 posts
169 upvotes
SignedA wrote: The problem with this is that this was never their WRITTEN T&C on their website. Even when they told me about these changes the old T&C were posted. It's a bait and switch. F Simplii I will never bank with them or CIBC again.
Oh I totally agree this was never on the T&C on their website. I even saved a PDF of their webpage, but what can we do?

Also, I just received $125 of cash bonus from Simplii today...plus the $40 and $10 bonuses I received previously, I have received a total of $175 (and this is probably it for me..though I do believe I am entitled to the full $200...not going to spend my time arguing with them any more).

I hope you guys get the bonus you deserve from Simplii. Quote me if you want to discuss anything with me.
Sep 30, 2018
216 posts
169 upvotes
doremi01 wrote: Thank you @sharinganic ! I just checked my account after reading your post. Received my bonus today as well.

Feb 15, 2019 TRANSFER CREDIT TO CURRENT NO FEE CASH REWARD $200.00
No problem. I hope everyone gets the bonus they deserved from Simplii.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1563 posts
1030 upvotes
sharinganic wrote: No problem. I hope everyone gets the bonus they deserved from Simplii.
Sorry to bump this thread, but did you receive your bonuses near the end of the 4 month period?
Sep 30, 2018
216 posts
169 upvotes
bobohobo2kx wrote: Sorry to bump this thread, but did you receive your bonuses near the end of the 4 month period?
I opened my account during late September, but my account was not considered active per Simplii due to having no transactions until early October.. I received the bonus on Feb 15, so to answer your question, during the middle of the 4th month following my account was active.
Jan 23, 2017
28 posts
8 upvotes
Just an update to those waiting on their signup bonuses.

- Registered/ approved for account Oct 15,2018
- Signed up for e-transfer auto deposit, added card to samsung pay ~end of october
- Account "active" with first transaction Nov 1, 2018
-Payroll deposits & Pre-authorized debit requirements met - Throughout November

Payment received today. So approximately 5 months from start to finish; And 4.5 months from the time the account was considered 'active'.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Just to update (accidentally posted on the wrong simplii thread before) only got 175 instead of the 200 I know I deserve bc they changed the T&C halfway through without telling anyone.

Ugh closing the account today.
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Banned
Aug 9, 2018
46 posts
141 upvotes
Only got $25 when I did interact auto deposit and samsung pay. I think I messed up because I changed my interact auto deposit back to TD for one day to get an important transfer than changed it back to simplii. It was deposited April 5th. Just found out about it today lol.
Mar 21, 2018
111 posts
29 upvotes
i was mad about the hoops i had to go through and did not check my acount for a while. turns out on may 8 i got 150$. i though i missed the deadline, so i guess they gave some leeway for peole who started during the right time. I did the interact auto deposit, samsung pay and payroll change. If i was not so frustarted at missing the assumed deadline i would have set up the pre-authrized payment too. waiting months to see if your efforts were worth it is too long in my oponion. but still glad i got the money.
Dec 6, 2013
965 posts
486 upvotes
lalaland
Participated in this promotion, am about to close my Simplii once the funds are transferred, thought I'd leave a quick review for others.

Opened account in Jan'19, did their requirements, think I got the $10 payroll cash bonus randomly in Feb. In May '19 got the promo $200. I did have to call in once in March which they assured me the promo would occur in May.

Generally, not a bad experience. Regarding the chequing account, what I liked:
  • Free interact e-transfers, but they took at least half hour to notify the recipient.

What I don't like, coming from Tangerine and TD experience:
  • Signing in with card number, no way to create a username. Inconvenient.
  • No notifications (unlike Tangerine) so I'd have to manually check for transactions.
  • The online interface times out very quickly, so you'd have to constantly signing in. It's a bit annoying.

The interface is not as nice as Tangerine. Generally, it was an 'OK' experience.
:cool:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)