Shopping Discussion

$200 VISA Gift Card Limit at Rexall?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2015 6:21 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5538 posts
3443 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: Yes requiring ID is a violation of their agreement with MC and VISA, as would be limiting the purchase amount becuase you are using a credit card. prepaid credit cards are athe one exception to the "ID" thing, but at higher amounts then that. At $500 they are required to ask for ID, perhaps the store is confused on that

My experience with complaints has only been with MC, they DO take action. Iv'e had them get Basics to removes signs everywhere about requiring ID to buy gcs, had the local toysrus remove a sign about "may require ID to use a cc" that they had in the game section. And have had MC deal with SDM a couple times over refusing MC during the gift card promotions
How do you contact MasterCard to file a complaint?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8144 posts
1811 upvotes
several years ago i emailed the president of MC Canada who had another exec get back to me, and I've used her since. Wouldnt wnat to spread it around , and she is on leave anyway. They provided an email here. dont know if it would be as responsive but you can send your complaint.
sdm-nov-7-13-get-8000-optimum-points-wh ... st24568095

MC Canada (not visa) facebook page also offers to look into things
Nov 23, 2004
711 posts
13 upvotes
Quarry Bay
Stores are very careful about selling Visa/Mastercard/Amex gift cards overall. Chain stores typically have strict policies on how many you can buy due to money laundering concerns. Although $300 in G/C is quite low. I've seen people denied for $1000+ gift card purchases.

- Jason
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8144 posts
1811 upvotes
Its $500 they have to check ID. From a mastercard exec

" The purchase of prepaid cards does trigger a requirement to check identification, and is required for compliance with anti-money laundering rules for purchases of prepaid cards over $500 ("

There should be no other restrictions or condition on using a credit card.