2006 White Audi S4 - Babied, Competition Audio, Many Extras, Low KMs
It is time to sell this one-of-a-kind car. This S4 has been garage stored its entire life and has been maintained and sitting in the garage for the last 4 years.
This post will be long as it will be detailed so you know what you are getting.
2006 AUDI S4 with a professionally installed Stereo system. The audio has been maintained by David and his great crew at Mobile Solutions Calgary. It has won a sound competition for sound clarity.
I am selling my S4 because I have not driven in it for a while. With young kids, this car does not make much sense to keep anymore without having it unnecessarily dirty and abused from the kids. This S4 does not deserve that.
I am in NO RUSH to sell this and will keep it garaged until I find a fair price or I start driving it again in the future.
Year : 2006
Make & Model: AUDI S4
Exterior Colour : WHITE
Interior Colour : Black leather w/platinum Alcantera inserts. Carbon Fiber trim.
Auto or Manual? : 6spd Manual
Odometer Reading : 96,750 KM
- True B7 (60/40 rear/front torque split on the Quattro)
- 4.2L 340 HP V8 (Stock)
- Never stored anywhere other than an insulated garage or heated underground parking.
- Synthetic oil from day 1
- Coil pack recall done (didn't need it but done anyways from Audi)
- 60/40 folding rear seats with ski pass through
- Every factory option except NAV and BOSE stereo, both omitted at the time of purchase due to the plans for the $50,000 stereo in the car. It has rain sensing wipers, directional xenon headlights, homelink, etc.
- Interior is in excellent condition. Please see for yourself. This car rarely has any passengers in the back.
-Exterior is in great shape as well for a 12 year old car. There are the usual wear and tear as well as some marks on the paint.
-The windshield has a couple of rock chips that have been filled in.
- The car has no issues, mechanical or otherwise.
• Engine: 8 Cylinder Engine 4.2L
• L/100Km City: 15.5
• L/100Km Hwy: 9.7
• 190-amp alternator
• 4.2L DOHC SEFI V8 engine w/2-stage variable intake valve timing
• 63 litre fuel tank
• 6-speed Manual
• 95-amp/hr battery
• Brake assist
• Full-size spare tire w/alloy wheel
• (4) trunk tie-down eyelets w/luggage net
• 12-way pwr sport front bucket seats-inc: 4-way pwr lumbar, lockable & adjustable headrests (Black leather interior with Recaro seats and carbon fiber interior trim)
• 3-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel
• driver info display centre-inc: active auto check system, outside temp, 5-function trip computer, speed warning device
• Anti-theft vehicle alarm system-inc: theft-deterrent light, ultrasonic interior monitoring system, backup battery, tilt sensor
• Backlit instrumentation-inc: coolant temp, tachometer, electric speedometer
• CAN network-inc: (3) fully functional circuits (infotainment, comfort, powertrain)
• Concealed rear glass antenna
• Cruise control
• (1) rear fog light
• 4-position intermittent windshield wipers w/heated washer nozzles
• Auto-Blink feature blinks turn signal 3 times for lane change
• Dual front fog lights
Xenon aerodynamic 2-way ellipsoid projector headlamp-inc: variable focus reflectors, integrated low/high beam tubes, automatic self-leveling, headlight washers (HID Lane Track Headlights)
• Active rollover protection system
• Advanced 2-stage front airbags w/occupant protection system, seat buckle switches
• Crash sensor system-inc: central unlocking, interior lighting on, hazard warning lights on, engine & fuel pump shut-off
• First aid kit
• Front 3-point safety belts-inc: automatic pretensioners, belt force limiters
• Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
• Impact protection-inc: reinforced high strength steel/aluminum crossmembers, reinforced bumpers, rigid occupant cell
• Rear 3-point safety belts w/automatic pretensioners
• Rear child safety door locks
• Rear seat LATCH (Lower Anchorage & upper Tether Child seat) provisions
• Side intrusion beams
Now for the uniqueness of this car.
The Stereo system.
The stereo is all BRAX equipment, which is hand made in Germany. The stereo also does not compromise the practicality or usability of the trunk as you can see from the pictures. The pictures do not do the workmanship of the install justice. Also note the focus is purely on sound quality - it is not your typical car stereo. Must be seen/heard to be fully appreciated.
BRAX has full lifetime warranty on their equipment. There was an issue with one of the amps so Mobile Solutions sent it to Germany and they fixed it and FedEX’d it back at no cost.
Legendary Pioneer DEX P99RS – Custom dash mount with S4 Logo
- Brax Matrix 3-way speaker set
- 1.1” tweeter and 2” mid dash mounted in custom, laser aligned pod dyed to match factory panels
- 6.5” woofer with phase plug in factory door location with custom 0.2 cubic foot enclosure lined with Brax eXvibration sound deadener. Wired through Brax Matrix, 3-way crossover
– Brax Graphic Pro TT 6.5” midbass in factory door location.
– Helix W12 Competition in custom fiberglass/Brax eXvibration enclosure (1.25 cubic feet). Flush mounted on left rear quarter of trunk.
- Front Tweeter and Mid – Brax Graphic X2000.2
- Front Midbass – Brax Graphic X2000.2
- Rear Fill – Helix B2 Precision
- Subwoofer – Brax Graphic X2000.2
- Clarion 6 disc changer (removed this but can throw it in for you anyways)
- 3 Brax 2 Farad Power Stabilizers
- All enclosures and flex points deadened with Brax eXvibration. When the music is on loud and the door is closed, you can barely hear it from the outside!
- Streetwires wiring and wiring accessories
• All Brax Amplifiers are limited edition made even more rare by a limited edition true chrome finish. Are laser etched in sequential order of build #’s . These are the only 3 chrome edition Graphic amplifiers sold in Canada
• Amp rack is fan cooled
• False floor for trunk s included. Consist of mdf custom shaped to trunk and covered in black caret with aluminum lattice vent for fan
• Install was completed with over 400 man hours
• Tuning and adjusting has involved approximately 250 hours
• Tuned to accommodate all types of music
• All BRAX products carry a lifetime warranty as does the installation.
• Price for all audio products including install = Approximately $51 000. Again, this is just the cost of the audio equipment and install.
- I have the stock 18" rims with winter tires on them (Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 XL - 235/40R18), as well as the unused matching full sized factory spare tire with the brand new original tire on it. I also have a set of 19" RS4 replica rims I will be including with summer Hankook V12 Ventus 235/35ZR19 on them.
-Locking Audi brand wheel nuts and key
- OEM AUDI window shade
- Winter & summer Audi brand mats
-Have old stock audio parts in a box still
-3M Rock Guard (Hood, bumper, sideview mirrors, headlights, foglights) from Tinting Illusions
-Wired in for a radar detector by the rearview mirror. Have a Passport detector that I’ll be keeping
-Wired in for USB input connection
-Have all of the wooden hand crafted boxes for each amp, speaker, capacitor, etc. that they shipped in. It’s crazy but not unexpected given the cost of each component. Have pictures if you want to see them as well.
Work that had been done recently.
-Changed Serpentine belt
-Bosch Icon Wipers
-Replaced passenger door handle cable
Has an old CarProof and pre-purchase mechanical inspection from the previous owner when I bought the car. I am the 2nd owner.
Car Starter and Alarm:
2-Way Compustar 901
Drone Mobile Premium (requires subscription but can track your car via GPS, arm, start with your phone)
You should Google the parts from BRAX as well as the Pioneer P99RS and read up on the reviews. For example the REGULAR edition Brax Graphic X2000.2 amps are being sold still for $4,681.12. This is not the limited edition limited edition true chrome finish. Each amp was initially bought for $8,000 for this car (x 3 of them).
Some Audio Technical Data:
Matrix 6.1 PP Mid / Bass:
RMS Power 120 Watts
Max power . 170 Watts
Impedance 4 ohms
DC Resistance 3.4 Ohms
Bandwidthಣ Hz – 30 kHz
Cutoff frequency 650 – 3000 Hz
VAS: 12.59 Liters
Sensitivity: 88.9 dB
Resonance frequency: 49 Hz
Diameter 1ȣ mm
Diameter x installation depth: 143 mm x 64 mm
Matrix 2.1 Midrange
RMS power: 45 w
Peak Power: 60 W
DC Resistance: 3.4 Ohms
Resonance frequency: 490Hz
Diameter and depth of installation: 78/25mm
Total diameter with grid: 85/47 mm
Matrix 1.1 Tweeter
RMS power: 35 W
Max power: 50 W
Impedance: 4 ohms
DC Resistance: 3.4 Ohms
Resonance frequency: 750 Hz
Diameter and depth of Installation: 50/25 mm
Total diameter / Height with Grid: 60/41 mm
Matrix 3-Way Crossover
Crossover Frequency: 650 – 3000 Hz
Jumper: J1 4-ohms or 2-ohm mode
J2 Medium level adjustment: -3 dB / -1.5 dB / 0 dB / 1.5 dB / 3 dB
J2 Tweeter level adjustment: -3 dB / -1.5 dB / 0 dB / 1.5 dB / 3 dB
Dimensions: (H x W x D): 56 mm x 170 mm x 260 mm
Helix W12 Sub Specs:
Power RMS/ MAX: 350/700 Watt
Sensitivity: 89 dB 1W/1m
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Resonanace frequency: 22 Hz
Mounting depth: 139 mm
73 mm voice coil for maximum loadability and powerful drive
Special flexible rubber edge surround
Scooped and specially coated paper diaphragm for excellent sound quality
Vented voice coil
Black coated die cast basket
Polished pole plate
Helix is made by the same company as Brax (super high end speakers), which should satisfy any questions as to whether this sub is amazing in SQ. This sub has been used in many USACi SQ competitions and it is clearly a winner. If you want a sub that will punk a JL W6 and will sound 25x clearer, this is the sub you want.
You will have to come see it in person. No joy rides or tire kickers.
No trades please unless you have a decently new 3/4 tonne diesel truck.
Will wait for the right buyer that appreciates the car and audio.