Automotive

2008 Lexus IS250 Walnut Blast Price in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 1:40 pm
[OP]
Apr 3, 2008
9 posts
Newmarket

2008 Lexus IS250 Walnut Blast Price in GTA?

Hi folks,

My 08 IS250 with 220K millage is running shaking when idle.

Guess its time to remove the carbon buildup.

Any recommendations where and who can do walnut blasting job at reasonable price in GTA?

TIA Smiling Face With Open Mouth
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
4253 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
Tune up first instead of taking apart the intake manifold? If you want to do it yourself, iridium sparkplugs costs $5 a piece from rockauto.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28774 posts
14579 upvotes
Ottawa
kellymtl wrote:
Apr 21st, 2018 11:49 am
Hi folks,

My 08 IS250 with 220K millage is running shaking when idle.

Guess its time to remove the carbon buildup.

Any recommendations where and who can do walnut blasting job at reasonable price in GTA?

TIA Smiling Face With Open Mouth
PM @vaportech, he owns a shop and offers walnut blasting.
[OP]
Apr 3, 2008
9 posts
Newmarket
thanks for the info Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I'll have a trusted mechanic check the car to have his opinion.
Mar 28, 2007
152 posts
75 upvotes
I called vaportech at [Paradigm Performance Auto] and he said they don't do this for Lexus at the moment. They are looking to get the equipment for it soon though. Rough quote was around $500 - $600

Beech Motor Works in Hamilton quoted me $1180+tax
Definitive Tuning in Newmarket has $559 + tax listed on their website.
I read on another forum that Ivo at Columbus Automotive in mississauga did this for around $300 on a group buy deal in 2012 but he doesn't do it for Lexus at the moment either.

Has anyone got this done from these places or anywhere else for an IS250?

INTAKE VALVE CLEANING FOR DIRECT INJECTION ENGINES(AKA Walnut Shell Blasting) [ Definitve Tuning]

Services > Direct Injection [Beech Motor Works]
Apr 30, 2013
600 posts
283 upvotes
King City
Consider getting nut blasting in the States Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 30, 2006
319 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
phantom_911 wrote:
May 9th, 2018 12:43 pm
I called vaportech at [Paradigm Performance Auto] and he said they don't do this for Lexus at the moment. They are looking to get the equipment for it soon though. Rough quote was around $500 - $600

I read on another forum that Ivo at Columbus Automotive in mississauga did this for around $300 on a group buy deal in 2012 but he doesn't do it for Lexus at the moment either.

INTAKE VALVE CLEANING FOR DIRECT INJECTION ENGINES(AKA Walnut Shell Blasting) [ Definitve Tuning]

Reviving this thread..

So did you ever get your car walnut blasted in the end?
I have a 2007 IS250, I'm considering getting it done too. Getting the symptoms of carbon build up at idle...
Mar 28, 2007
152 posts
75 upvotes
I did get it done at definitive tuning last year. I didn't really have any carbon buildup issues though to begin with so I can't say if it was effective or not. The reason I got it done was my car has a engine knock and I thought it would help with that but it did not.

I had the engine rebuilt by Lexus before for the carbon buildup so I don't think my car has that issue as much as others.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4005 posts
4205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
phantom_911 wrote:
May 9th, 2018 12:43 pm

Basically every car has a different port profile, those shops don't have the right adaptor to walnut blast Lexus without making a huge mess, so they rather not do it.

See 9:50-10:00
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11742 posts
11352 upvotes
Oakville
er34er34 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:44 pm
Basically every car has a different port profile, those shops don't have the right adaptor to walnut blast Lexus without making a huge mess, so they rather not do it.

See 9:50-10:00
Hmm. you'd think a few tapered fit adapters would fit most cars. Still, these days you could 3D print any adapter you need.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3662 posts
613 upvotes
Mississauga
With these car aging, shaking at idling doesn't have to be due to carbon issues.
It could very well be old engine mounts?
Sep 30, 2006
319 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
wing0 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:20 pm
With these car aging, shaking at idling doesn't have to be due to carbon issues.
It could very well be old engine mounts?
I wish it was that.. but the engine mounts won't make revs bounce at idle...

Even still I would probably ask them to check how bad the build up is before doing something like that.
Sep 30, 2006
319 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
phantom_911 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:12 pm
I did get it done at definitive tuning last year. I didn't really have any carbon buildup issues though to begin with so I can't say if it was effective or not. The reason I got it done was my car has a engine knock and I thought it would help with that but it did not.

I had the engine rebuilt by Lexus before for the carbon buildup so I don't think my car has that issue as much as others.
Yeah my car has about 130k KM on it, last few years since changing jobs I've only done short trips to work, heck sometimes car isn't even warm yet I'm there... So been getting more shakes nowadays...

Definite tuning is a bit far for me though... Wish there was something closer to Toronto.
Mar 28, 2007
152 posts
75 upvotes
My car is a 2006 and is at 284K now. Since the engine rebuild under the Lexus CSP in 2013 at 165K I haven't had any issues related to carbon. I was just chasing down an engine knock and decided walnut blasting may help but it did not.