BST: Automotive & Accessories

[FS] 2010 Rfd rustproofing group buy is ON!! NO NEED TO WAIT FOR 50 PEOPLE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2011 6:07 pm
Nov 2, 2008
280 posts
Trader Score: 12 (100% Positive)

2010 Rfd rustproofing group buy is ON!! NO NEED TO WAIT FOR 50 PEOPLE!!!

MotorWorX is ecstatic to once again be part of RedFlagDeals.com and all of its members. Last year we continued to make many new friends and hope to see you once again this year!

PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS THREAD FOR ANY FAQ'S AS MOST HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY. THIS IS WHY WE CHOSE TO SIMPLY REVIVE LAST YEAR'S THREAD. THANK YOU
We are located in Vaughan providing full service, repair and rustproofing expertise to any make/model.

Our address is:

56 Pennsylvania Avenue, Unit #17
Vaughan, Ont. L4K 3V9
tel: 905-760-CARZ (2279)
fax: 905-760-2280
email: motorworx@rogers.com
web: www.motorworx.ca

Hours of Service:
Monday - Friday - 8:30am-6:00pm (LAST APP'T TAKEN AT 6:00 PM)
Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (WILL ACCOMODATE LATE APPT'S IF NEED BE)
Sunday - 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM *ONLY IF 5 APPOINTMENTS ARE BOOKED*

What we are currently offering to RedFlagDeals members is a great special on a complete rustproofing package on your vehicle.

MotorWorX full rustproofing package includes:

Full application of oil based spray which is viscous enough to penetrate all cracks/crevices, yet adhesive enough to "stay where it's put" with no drips.

This is applied to all vulnerable points on your vehicle including:

-engine compartment
-hood
-front and rear fenders
-fuel filler housings
-trunk lid
-trunk
-all seams
-complete underbody
-rocker panels
-all doors
-all hinges
-wheel wells
-quarter panels

Service usually takes about 30-40 minutes depending on the vehicle.

OUR PRICE HAS REMAINED THE SAME AS LAST YEAR!!!! We are extremely competitive, if not the least expensive for a full rustproofing package in the marketplace.

Our regular price for the full package is $135.00 +tax for most vehicles.

For RFD Members, the special rate is:

$85 + HST = $96.05

WE DO REQUIRE A DEPOSIT TO COORDINATE THE APPOINTMENTS

If you wish to pay cash, the price will be $90.00 all in. We do however, still require to have your $20 deposit in to confirm your appointment.

*PLEASE NOTE: This price is the limit for the discount. It just doesn't make business sense to offer a full rustproofing package at any less than that.

**THE PRICING ABOVE IS FOR MOST VEHICLE MAKES AND MODELS, INCLUDING MOST CARS, SMALL TO MEDIUM SUV'S AND SMALL PICKUPS. IF
YOU HAVE A LARGE VEHICLE, SUCH AS A LARGE SUV, PICKUP, MINIVAN OR FULL SIZED VAN, PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT PRICING. HOWEVER, A DISCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN.

Group Buy Rules:
- 2nd thread will contain list info
- We need to have your $20 deposit AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (Visa, MC, CASH, PayPal)
- Deposits confirm and reserve your discounted rate. Appointments can begin as of now.

What we need to know:

1. Year/Make/Model of vehicle
2. Your RFD userid and real name.
3. Prefferred date/time for your appointment. Alternate preferred date/time.
4. Your $20 Deposit made through our website at www.motorworx.ca, then go to the Specials page and click on the PayPal link.

PLEASE PM OR EMAIL THE ABOVE INFORMATION TO US.

**NEW**

NEWLY INTRODUCED LAST YEAR, WE ARE OFFERING AN UNDERBODY SEALANT FOR NEW VEHICLES ONLY*. THIS IS A WAX-BASED PRODUCT WHICH DRIES MATTE BLACK AND IS THE BEST APPLICATION FOR INHIBITING RUST ON THE MARKET TODAY. IT DOES NOT EASILY CHIP OR BREAK OFF AND PROVIDES A CLEAN, BLACK, RUST BARRIER TO THE UNDERBODY OF YOUR VEHICLE. THIS PRODUCT CARRIES AN INSURED WARRANTY WITH IT AND INCLUDES A FREE INSPECTION AND TOUCH UP OF THE PRODUCT THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

* NEW VEHICLES MEANING 1 YEAR OLD OR LESS, DRIVEN ON AVERAGE 25000 KM/YEAR.

OUR REGULAR PRICE FOR THIS APPLICATION ON NEW VEHICLES IS $399.00, BUT FOR RFD MEMBERS ONLY, WE WILL OFFER IT AT A SPECIAL PRICE OF $299.00. MOST OTHER COMPANIES USUALLY CHARGE A MINIMUM $400-$500 FOR THIS PRODUCT.

IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE THIS UNDERBODY PROTECTION PLUS THE OIL SPRAY FOR THE REST OF THE VEHICLE, WE WILL OFFER IT TO RFD MEMBERS FOR AN AMAZING PRICE OF $359.00 + HST.

We will respond to your requests and questions BY PM AND/OR EMAIL as soon as possible.

We can also be emailed at motorworx@rogers.com

Thank you in advance for your patronage,
MotorWorX
199 replies
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
280 posts
Reserved for list of participants:
1. spazzamatic - DEPOSIT PAID
2. m4gician - DEPOSIT PAID
3. stv23658 - DEPOSIT PAID
4. bmaz - DEPOSIT PAID
5. trinivibes - DEPOSIT PAID
6. rocky15 - DEPOSIT PAID
7. Bell Rep - DEPOSIT PAID
8. BanBan - DEPOSIT PAID
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2004
2516 posts
2 upvotes
Trader Score: 34 (97.2% Positive)
can we get a list going on to see how many people are interested? ill start

1. 2000 Honda Prelude/Superman-01 - Brian/ Mon-Friday 2pm or Weekends/ As soon as i get an estimate of how many people are going through
currently in toronto
Feb 3, 2009
5 posts
Trader Score: 0
I'm interested as well..

1. 2000 Honda Prelude
2. Superman-01 - Brian
3. arjjra
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
280 posts
arjjra wrote:
Sep 14th, 2009 2:53 pm
I'm interested as well..

1. 2000 Honda Prelude
2. Superman-01 - Brian
3. arjjra

I think you may have put the wrong information here. It's the same as the poster above you. Please provide "your" vehicle, rfd id, real name and preferred app't times.

Thank you,

MotorWorX

In the next couple of days, we will be updating the participant list. We should have no issue reaching the 50 mark as last year we did over 180 from this forum alone.

Cheers :)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2898 posts
2 upvotes
Trader Score: 15 (94.1% Positive)
i got one done from you guys last year. do i really need to get it done again? the lub are still very visible.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
1635 posts
36 upvotes
Trader Score: 16 (100% Positive)
hello,

i wasn't part of the groupbuy last year, and wanted to know if you drill any holes in the body panel in order to apply the rustproofing oil

thanks!
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
280 posts
gamer123 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2009 8:33 pm
i got one done from you guys last year. do i really need to get it done again? the lub are still very visible.
Hi there,

It is our recommendation to get rustproofing applied on a yearly basis. This will ensure that the product has not deteriorated over the past year and your vehicle is ready for our harsh winter season.
sumrandomguy wrote:
Sep 15th, 2009 11:33 pm
hello,

i wasn't part of the groupbuy last year, and wanted to know if you drill any holes in the body panel in order to apply the rustproofing oil

thanks!

HI there,

We do not need to drill any holes in the vehcile with the application of this product. It is fine enough to be misted through the factory openings in the panels to provide protection. However, if desired, we can/will drill into certain body panels if requested to by the customer. (At an extra nominal cost) Drilling will allow us to be more thorough in the respective panels, but it is not entirely necessary. It is up to you.

Thank you,
MotorWorX
Feb 6, 2006
47 posts
I'm interested in getting my 2009 Cooper S rust proofed but i'm really hesitate to do it as i'm a clean freak and want a clean engine bay that i clean on a regular basis so i don't want rust proofing visible from the top side of the engine bay. I detail my car to very great lengths, i.e. the door jams, hood, trunk and don't want the oil visible in all these places. of course i want my car not to rust so wondering if frequent washes is a better option for me or some sort of different rust proofing treatment?
Jan 8, 2008
40 posts
Hey MotorWorx,

I got the rustproofing from last year GB and the oil is very much visible & full of dirt. Do I need to wash it off or what is your recommendation? If need to wash, what should we use? I noticed the oil is very sticky & insoluble.

You can count on me but only in late october.
[OP]
Nov 2, 2008
280 posts
talonAWD wrote:
Sep 16th, 2009 10:23 am
I'm interested in getting my 2009 Cooper S rust proofed but i'm really hesitate to do it as i'm a clean freak and want a clean engine bay that i clean on a regular basis so i don't want rust proofing visible from the top side of the engine bay. I detail my car to very great lengths, i.e. the door jams, hood, trunk and don't want the oil visible in all these places. of course i want my car not to rust so wondering if frequent washes is a better option for me or some sort of different rust proofing treatment?
Hi there,

The product is applied to where the possibly of rust forming would be the greatest. This would include the top of your engine bay, hood, door hinges, rocker panels, quarters, complete underbody and trunk. So, it depends on what your preference is..consistent cleaning/detailing/drying or the rustproofing application in those areas. The product has an amber colour and is translucent.

Let us know and we'll accomodate or customize your rustproof to your specifications.

Thanks.
shadowncs wrote:
Sep 16th, 2009 11:16 am
Hey MotorWorx,

I got the rustproofing from last year GB and the oil is very much visible & full of dirt. Do I need to wash it off or what is your recommendation? If need to wash, what should we use? I noticed the oil is very sticky & insoluble.

You can count on me but only in late october.
Hi Shadowncs,

Nice to hear from you.

What you can do is wash your vehicle as best you can with a good car wash soap and water. The product is soluble with detergents, but if there is excessive dirt stuck to it, a pressure washer should get rid of the majority of that dirt without removing the product.

If you're in for the Group Buy, please pm us and if you can, please provide the deposit and we'll book you in for whatever date you'd like in late October.
We listened to everyone's feedback from last year and are starting early so that the application can be done thoroughly without the interference of snowy, slushy weather.

Thanks again,
MotorWorX
Nov 18, 2008
134 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Great guys that do awesome work, dont get the wrong idea! ;)

1. Year/Make/Model of vehicle ==> 1997 Honda Prelude
2. Your RFD userid and real name. ==> peter330, Peter
3. Preferred date/time for your appointment ==> Weekends, early November
× < >