Belfour, gilmour, nieuwendyk, m. Howe
4 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
Mark Howe finally, good for him.

Alot of people have been rooting for Adam Oates and Pavel Bure to make it, I would understand Oates for all he's done, but not yet for Pavel. Yes he was amazing when he was in his prime, one hell of a player, but I'd give him a few more years. I'm a bit surprised Nieuwendyk got in so early.

I'm still waiting on Pat Burns, c'mon guys, he should of made it last year!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Kudos to Dougie ! :)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2004
1923 posts
16 upvotes
HHOF is a joke. There are way too many stiffs in it. I remember Mark Howe, a very solid D-man. But not HOF calibre in my opinion. But problem is that if guys like Rod Langway are in, then how can you keep guys like Howe out?

Joe Nieuwendyk won a few cups so I think that helps, along with 2 Conn Smyths. Clutch scorer, except with the Leafs of course.

What can you say about Killer? He was the king of this town and everyone in Toronto should be happy about this.

A bit surprised Eddie got in on the first year of eligibility. He's certain worthy but the last third of his career wasn't all that good. His Blackhawks days were awesome though.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2008
1514 posts
10 upvotes
Sudbury
krash322 wrote: HHOF is a joke. There are way too many stiffs in it. I remember Mark Howe, a very solid D-man. But not HOF calibre in my opinion. But problem is that if guys like Rod Langway are in, then how can you keep guys like Howe out?

Joe Nieuwendyk won a few cups so I think that helps, along with 2 Conn Smyths. Clutch scorer, except with the Leafs of course.

What can you say about Killer? He was the king of this town and everyone in Toronto should be happy about this.

A bit surprised Eddie got in on the first year of eligibility. He's certain worthy but the last third of his career wasn't all that good. His Blackhawks days were awesome though.

Rod Langway was an excellent d-man, as was Mark Howe. As good at their positions as Gilmour ever was at his.

Belfour's best seasons were with Dallas, not Chicago, and his 3rd season with Toronto was one of his best overall seasons. He was hands-down a first ballot HoFer and is probably one of the top 5 goalies in the last 40 years.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)