• Nov 4th, 2010 2:00 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 15, 2008
156 posts
6 upvotes

2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 Limited or 2.0T

I'm looking to purchase the Hyundai Sonata and I was debating between the 2.4 limited or the 2.0t base, since both are the same price.

Which should I get??..I'm torn between the better interior in the limited and the turbo for the T.

However, its 0.9 for the limited and 2.9% for the T, which is about a $2,000 difference at the end...

Anyone have one and comment on if there are any problems or anything?

If someone has a free CCC report and could run a search for me I'd be grateful, wouldn't mind paypaling you $5 or whatever.

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20315 posts
1695 upvotes
cctw wrote:
Nov 4th, 2010 4:02 am
I'm looking to purchase the Hyundai Sonata and I was debating between the 2.4 limited or the 2.0t base, since both are the same price.

Which should I get??..I'm torn between the better interior in the limited and the turbo for the T.
You mean for the badge? LOL. I assume you mean for the additional power/torque?

Have you driven them both? The difference is probably going to be night and day with the turbo. ~75hp advantage and more importantly nearly 100lb*ft over the 2.4L atmo engine. Not only that the 269lb*ft of the turbo engine comes at just 1800rpm giving the 2.0T more output when you "tap the throttle" than than the 2.4L can muster, over it's entire rev range. I'm not sure on the specifics but the turbo probably also has other performance-enhancing features compared to the atmo version (e.g. it might also have better wheels, suspension, brakes, etc.).

What features does the 2.4L Limited have that the 2.0T base doesn't? You mention the interior, but what is different?

It sucks that you have to pay 2% more interest on the turbo, but $2000 difference would be worth it to me. Again though I recommend you test drive them both, then you decide if it's worth the lost options and the $2000 premium.
Oct 7, 2009
813 posts
49 upvotes
I'd go for the Turbo, because I like performance, but it's not like 200HP is something to sneeze at. In the end, you have to decide what matters to you most.
Nov 19, 2009
418 posts
36 upvotes
I have the CCC for the GL and GLS, dont know if this will help. : Link
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1637 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
jeepkings wrote:
Nov 4th, 2010 12:40 pm
I have the CCC for the GL and GLS, dont know if this will help. : Link

The photos on this link does not look like the model they sell in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1866 posts
121 upvotes
4 Things a different from the limited to the 2.0T. Heated rear seats, leather, climate control and CD changer + subwoofer.

So what's important to you?

Also of note from when I was considering the sonata limited. They had the 2.9% financing rate for the sonata at the time then 2 months later I got a call from the dealer telling me the rate drop to 0.9.

If you can wait till next fall for a new car I am sure you can get much better rates even on the turbo. Prices might also drop if it turns out not to be a great seller. You might be able to get a turbo limited.
Feb 10, 2006
611 posts
17 upvotes
Winnipeg
cctw wrote:
Nov 4th, 2010 4:02 am

However, its 0.9 for the limited and 2.9% for the T, which is about a $2,000 difference at the end...

Anyone have one and comment on if there are any problems or anything?

If someone has a free CCC report and could run a search for me I'd be grateful, wouldn't mind paypaling you $5 or whatever.

Thanks

If you want the features of the Limited, but the power of the 2.0t, spend the extra $$ and get the 2.0t limited.
× < >