Expired Contests

[Daily] 2012/08/14 - StarPulse.com - "Cash In With Cash Cab, Enter to Win" (US only, 13+)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2012 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill

2012/08/14 - StarPulse.com - "Cash In With Cash Cab, Enter to Win" (US only, 13+)

Update 25/July/2012 - turns out this contest is US-only after all. Do not enter (or stop entering if you already have). Apologies for the inconvenience :(

Prize: One winner will receive a $150 Visa Cash Card

Rules: on page

Enter: http://www.starpulse.com/Contests/Cash_ ... ard!/7371/
  • There is a limit of one entry per person per day.
Search: starpulse

Good luck!

E.&O.E.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I'm not actively monitoring this thread. If you have a question regarding the contest, or encounter a problem and would like me to look into it, please PM me about it. Thanks.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
14 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
14387 posts
229 upvotes
Thanks
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8385 posts
2416 upvotes
Toronto
thanked;

a StarPulse where Canadiana are allowed! it's been awhile!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2639 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you certain this is available in Canada?

Prizing provided by MGM. Giveaway open to US Mailing addresses only.

Residents of Canada are eligible to enter ONLY when specified in the sweepstakes "Exceptions", located below the featured image

Exceptions: None. See rules.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
frugal_fanboy wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 9:41 pm
Are you certain this is available in Canada?

Prizing provided by MGM. Giveaway open to US Mailing addresses only.

Residents of Canada are eligible to enter ONLY when specified in the sweepstakes "Exceptions", located below the featured image

Exceptions: None. See rules.
Pretty much the same question comes up every time someone posts a StarPulse contest.

If you look at 9 out of 10 StarPulse contests, in the "Exceptions" field it'll say: "13 and up to enter; US residents only".

The fact that this one says: "Exceptions: None. See rules." is pretty clear to me.

I don't know what the deal is regarding: "Prizing provided by MGM. Giveaway open to US Mailing addresses only."

I suppose someone (I guess that's going to have to be me) could email them about it to find out: http://www.starpulse.com/Company/contact.html
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2639 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
ronin1701 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2012 9:49 pm
Pretty much the same question comes up every time someone posts a StarPulse contest.

If you look at 9 out of 10 StarPulse contests, in the "Exceptions" field it'll say: "13 and up to enter; US residents only".

The fact that this one says: "Exceptions: None. See rules." is pretty clear to me.

I don't know what the deal is regarding: "Prizing provided by MGM. Giveaway open to US Mailing addresses only."

I suppose someone (I guess that's going to have to be me) could email them about it to find out: http://www.starpulse.com/Company/contact.html
Hmm, my interpretation of "Residents of Canada are eligible to enter ONLY when specified in the sweepstakes "Exceptions"" is that it would have to explicitly state Available in Canada (or some such) in the Exceptions. Stating "None. See rules." is not specifying that Canada is eligible. It is stating "The sweepstakes is open and offered only to legal residents of the United States age 13 or older." per the rules.

Like I said, my interpretation only. Coupled with the Giveaway open to US Mailing addresses only disclaimer, I won't be entering this one. Cheers.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106491 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just heard back from them.

*****, you're right. Contest is only open to U.S. residents. :mad:

This is pissing me off - I don't understand why they would say "no exceptions" on one contest and then "US residents only" in another, but then have both statements mean the exact same thing???

Extremely misleading.

Apologies, folks. :(

Edit: just self-reported the thread to the mods to have it removed.