Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] 2012 Boxing Day TV Deals Thread!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2013 3:43 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 8, 2007
105 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Just an fyi, the spreadsheet has been updated with all the new deals from FS, BB and more. There's 187 deals in total on it. I've also put in all the product codes and original prices that I could, there's only a handful that I couldn't find. If you managed to find more information on them, please feel free to message me and I'll update it. Other updates will come as they surface to us.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B85zWvv ... N6ekU/edit

Enjoy, happy hunting, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and a solemn dignified Ramadan ;) .
It isn't life that weighs us down, it's how we carry it
Dec 11, 2011
864 posts
339 upvotes
Pallet Town
matt_b_19 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 6:51 pm
Just an fyi, the spreadsheet has been updated with all the new deals from FS, BB and more. There's 187 deals in total on it. I've also put in all the product codes and original prices that I could, there's only a handful that I couldn't find. If you managed to find more information on them, please feel free to message me and I'll update it. Other updates will come as they surface to us.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B85...VFrS3llSlN6ekU

Enjoy, happy hunting, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and a solemn dignified Ramadan ;) .
Not Found

Error 404
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4738 posts
657 upvotes
Shhanada
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:13 pm
i have no experience with Haier, but i did find this:
http://www.hdtvuniverse.com/haier-tv-reviews/

looks like you SHOULD be ok. there's always a little greater chance of a defective product with these off-brand names, but if you need anything special, it should do the job
That page isn't exactly credible. Haier is rather cheap hence the fact it's a low price loss leader product with no warranty or support. However if someone like's taking a chance Haier products are made from mostly the same parts as name brand units, and you could be lucky and get one that lasts a long time at a low price.
Mar 8, 2007
105 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Hawk25 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 6:55 pm
Not Found

Error 404
Yeah I realized it, it should be fixed now. Thanks :D
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2351 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
matt_b_19 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 6:51 pm

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B85zWvv ... N6ekU/edit

this is great, thanks Matt. Would be a little easier to navigate though if it was listed in order from smallest to biggest, not that i'm complaining
Dec 22, 2009
4 posts
Niagara Falls
hey guys there is a 51" samsung plasma for $599 at future shop best buy and sears seems like a solid deal.. anyone have thoughts?
Oct 23, 2010
20 posts
2 upvotes
you can download the file as it's in an excel format. Then apply an autofilter on the first row to sort from size, brand etc..
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7709 posts
243 upvotes
So any good and cheap 50"?
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Mar 8, 2007
105 posts
43 upvotes
Ottawa
Mugen123 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:02 pm
this is great, thanks Matt. Would be a little easier to navigate though if it was listed in order from smallest to biggest, not that i'm complaining
Just like Znus said, I really just made it so you can sort it based on your liking. So if you know you want a 32" TV, you can sort it by size and just view the 32" ones. The only thing is that you do have to download the file like he mentioned. I only sorted it by location by default (but I just resorted it since the last update so all the FS and all the BB deals were together. I forgot to do that one before :P).

If anyone has a better way to display it online, maybe a different site that does allow you to sort it without downloading and without altering the original to other people, tell me and I'll post it there too.
Mar 5, 2006
756 posts
41 upvotes
Was really hoping for the LG LM7600 for a decent price, ugh these "deals" suck.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3854 posts
607 upvotes
Granby
that $288 40" westinghouse at visions...anything cheaper than that in the states that is roughly comparable?
Jan 16, 2006
232 posts
27 upvotes
Fredericton, NB
matt_b_19 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:23 pm
Just like Znus said, I really just made it so you can sort it based on your liking. So if you know you want a 32" TV, you can sort it by size and just view the 32" ones. The only thing is that you do have to download the file like he mentioned. I only sorted it by location by default (but I just resorted it since the last update so all the FS and all the BB deals were together. I forgot to do that one before :P).

If anyone has a better way to display it online, maybe a different site that does allow you to sort it without downloading and without altering the original to other people, tell me and I'll post it there too.
You're 90% the way there. You just gave a link to the Drive Viewer version of your spreadsheet.

If you go to the original document, go to the top right hand corner and click 'Share'. You can set up the share rights to the document. For instance, you can make it so anyone with the link can view it in excel format.

If you need any more help, give me a PM and I'll walk you through it.

Cheers!
Sep 10, 2008
5 posts
7 upvotes
zang100 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:07 pm
hey guys there is a 51" samsung plasma for $599 at future shop best buy and sears seems like a solid deal.. anyone have thoughts?
Ya, I'm thinking of getting it as well. From some of the reviews that I've read it seems like it has bad image retention. I'm not an expert when it comes to Plasma TVs so maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I'm wondering if all Plasmas are susceptible to the same rate of burn-in or are some models less prone to it?
Mar 27, 2009
11 posts
1 upvote
I need input on the right kind of TV.

It's for a home theatre with darkly painted walls, most sunlight should be blocked off. I don't care about thinness of the screen; picture quality is the most important thing to me. One thing that annoys me about my current TV (toshiba 52" DLP projection) is that during dark scenes I can barely tell what's going on.

From my research, it seems like panasonic's plasma offerings would be best for me. ST50 more specifically at amazon : http://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-VIERA-TC ... 684&sr=8-1

3D + smart TV is a bonus. I use ps3+ ps3mediaserver to stream content but that's kind of a pain in the ***** sometimes, it'd be cool if it were all integrated.

Budget-wise, I'm quite flexible. I'd prefer most bang for my bank. Not sure if I'm going to find the stuff I'm looking for on the boxing day sales , unless you guys can point me to something otherwise.

Thoughts anyone?
× < >