None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1360 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto

2012 Mazda 5 Cargo/Trunk Liner?

I am looking for a Liner for the back when the 3rd row seats are laid down. I would prefer something flexible so if I am out and someone needs to get into the 3rd row I don't have to remove the liner. It would be perfect if it was separate for each seat in the 3rd row, so I could put just one up if necessary.

I know weathertech makes one for $170 but it is not flexible and I would prefer to pay less. I was looking at this one on amazon - has anyone tried it?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0165HE ... BPLBGP8TJU

This part of the description makes me nervous: "Note:... we have more than 500 hunred modle trunk mat to meet your need"

If you have any suggestions that would be great.
[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
4 replies
Aug 13, 2011
542 posts
101 upvotes
Scarborough southwes…
I have the same car.
I got a rubber mat from Home Depot.
Very similar to this one but I paid like $10.
It's flexible and fits pretty well in the back. It goes up each side about 15cm iirc.
Whenever I need to use the 3rd row, I just roll it up. I can roll it halfway and use just one seat as well.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7201 posts
1277 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
(Bean) wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 5:44 pm
This part of the description makes me nervous: "Note:... we have more than 500 hunred modle trunk mat to meet your need"
:lol:
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7201 posts
1277 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
OP, I know this is a ghetto solution but what I was doing was I've used an old inflatable mattress.
I carry my bike in the back of the car with the seats down and I didn't want the back of the seats to get all messy. So the queen size mattress was the right size.
When I have the seats up I'd just fold the mattress in half to cover the cargo area.
Again I know this is not ideal or pretty for that matter but it worked pretty well, and it's free if you have an air mattress laying around that doesn't hold the air anymore.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Nov 20, 2004
351 posts
344 upvotes
Vancouver
I was lucky enough to come across this on my local local Craigslist. It's the Japanese market cargo cover for the Premacy. Works like a charm. Keep an eye on your local CL, you never know what will show up.

One thing I found out that works great when I was moving is a big moving blanket. I can't remember the size but folding it into a quarter size will cover the folded 3rd row perfectly. Fold down the 2nd row and unfold the blanket length-wise will cover whole rear cabin. Plus you can still unfold it one more time to "wrap" whatever you're moving to prevent scratches to your interior.