2013/07/31 - Giant Tiger 2013 canada proud photo contest (VOTING)
Enter: https://apps.facebook.com/promohq/pages ... 2c8098b2da
Show us you are Canada Proud!
We are looking for the photo that shows why you are proud of Canada. Don’t miss this chance to tell your story and show off your skills! Entering is easy. Here’s how it works:
Submit your photo online
Entering is a snap! Simply upload your photo and fill out the registration form. You must take a picture of yourself with a Giant Tiger reusable shopping bag and let everyone know where you are and why you are Canada Proud. This contest starts on July 1, 2013 and ends on July 31, 2013. No purchase necessary to participate (see details when you enter online).
Don't forget to read the photo eligibility requirements- remember, only high-resolution colour photos less than 10 MB are eligible to win.
Receive a coupon just for entering!
To thank you for participating, every online entry to the contest will automatically receive a coupon to get $5 off your purchase* when you spend $35 or more! Simply print the coupon and head to your local Giant Tiger Store.
Spread the word!
Tell everyone to vote for your picture. You and your friends can vote every day. Even if you don't upload a photo you can still vote for your favourite entries.
Check back after August 9, 2013
Entries will be voted on by our Facebook community to determine the top 50 submissions. Giant Tiger Home Office personnel will review the top 50 entries and the winner will be selected by a committee of judges on Friday August 9, 2013. The decision of the judges will be final.
1. You must take a picture of yourself with a Giant Tiger reusable shopping bag along with a message telling everyone where you are and why you are Canada Proud. No purchase necessary to participate (see details when you enter online).
2. To enter: go to www.facebook.com/GiantTiger or www.facebook.com/TigreGeant , click on the “Canada Proud” Icon and complete the entry form.
3. Dates: This contest starts on July 1, 2013 and ends on July 31, 2013. Winner selection will take place on Friday August 9, 2013.
4. The prize is:
1 (one) Canada Proud gift basket and a $250 Giant Tiger gift card
The prize must be accepted as awarded, has no cash equivalent and is not transferable or refundable. Giant Tiger reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that the prize described is unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
$1,500 will be donated to one of the four charities on behalf of the winner (winner to select charity)
Children’s Hospital in their city/community
Women’s Shelter in their city/community
Animal Shelter in their city/community
Food Bank in their city/community
Prize distribution: The winner will be notified by email or phone and will be asked to go to the nearest Giant Tiger store location to collect the prize, unless deemed otherwise by Giant Tiger Stores Limited’s Home Office (“the Home Office”).
5. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries submitted.
6. Selection Process: Entries will be voted on by our Facebook community to determine the top 50 submissions. Giant Tiger Home Office personnel will review the top 50 entries and the winner will be selected by a committee of judges on Friday August 9, 2013 and the decision of the judges will be final. The selected entrant will be contacted by email or phone. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first complete a written declaration confirming compliance with the contest rules which will be sent by email. In the event the contest sponsors are unable to notify the selected entrant within three (3) business days of the draw, that selected entry will be disqualiﬁed and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Correspondence: No correspondence pertaining to this contest will be entered into except with potential winner.
8. Consent: By entering this contest, you agree to be governed by these rules and consent to the use of your name, address (city only), and photograph for advertising purposes by Giant Tiger Stores Limited related to this contest, without compensation. Your privacy is important to Giant Tiger and Giant Tiger is committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. Giant Tiger may use personal information to contact you, to process and store the personal information so that we are able to better understand our customers and how we can improve our products and services or other fully disclosed purposes, such as to enter you into a contest or respond by e-mail to an inquiry that you posed on-line. With your consent, your personal information may also be used by Giant Tiger to contact you regarding other products or services which may be of interest to you. Anyone from whom Giant Tiger collects such information should expect that it will be carefully protected. For more information on the Giant Tiger’s commitment to privacy, please visit www.gianttiger.com/en/privacy_policy.php.
9. Ownership and conduct: All entries become the property of Giant Tiger Stores Limited. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Giant Tiger Stores Limited and contest sponsors reserve the right to modify this contest or disqualify entrants if fraud or misconduct destroy the integrity of the contest as determined by these parties, in their sole discretion. The sponsors accept no liability for printing errors on material distributed for this contest. We reserve the right to remove & disqualify entries that are deemed as inappropriate by Giant Tiger Stores Limited.
10. Eligibility: This contest is open to all residents of the Canadian provinces who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, except employees of Giant Tiger Stores Limited, their franchisees and affiliated companies, employees of contest sponsors, advertising and promotional agencies, or parties engaged in the development, production and distribution of materials related to this contest, and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household with respect to any of the foregoing. In addition, you cannot have won another Giant Tiger contest within the twelve month period preceding the start date of this contest. Any trading or buying of votes will result in the disqualification of that entry.
11. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations.
12. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to La Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to La Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. The winners’ name will be posted on www.facebook.com/GiantTiger:http://www. ... GiantTiger after the indicated judging date of August 9, 2013.