• Nov 10th, 2016 7:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario

2013 acura ILX - carpet all wet!

I have a 2013 acura ILX and the carpet is all wet! The whole carpet in the car is wet. Last week it rain pretty heavy in Guelph. The windows and sunroof were closed. I don't know where the water came from. There must have been several liters of water for the carpet to be that wet.

Dealer does not know where it is from at this point.

ANY IDEAS?
33 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27582 posts
13513 upvotes
Ottawa
Check the sunroof drain holes.
Dec 7, 2011
534 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
x95zsk wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 9:28 pm
I have a 2013 acura ILX and the carpet is all wet! The whole carpet in the car is wet. Last week it rain pretty heavy in Guelph. The windows and sunroof were closed. I don't know where the water came from. There must have been several liters of water for the carpet to be that wet.

ANY IDEAS?
It's most likely one of these that's causing your problem but you'll probably need a pro to diagnose it. It could be a leak from the windshield, a clogged drain on the sunroof, a misaligned sunroof or it's coming from the AC drain line/evaporator coil box. I've also seen water leak through a seam in the roof that had seam sealer missing. It really could be a number of things. Is there a smell to it and does your windows fog up ?
Last edited by mer1ion on Nov 9th, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario
A pro is coming to the dealer tomorrow to find the water source.

I hate this car. Lots of provlems with it.
mer1ion wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 9:42 pm
x95zsk wrote:

ANY IDEAS?
It's most likely one of these that's causing your problem but you'll probably need a pro to diagnose it. It could be a leak from the windshield, a clogged drain on the sunroof, a misaligned sunroof or it's coming from the AC drain line/evaporator coil box. I've also seen water leak through a seam in the roof that had seam sealer. It really could be a number of things. Is there a smell to it and does your windows fog up ?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1829 posts
367 upvotes
Burnaby
sunroof drain. they typically drain around the mud guards. if you pour a bucket of water on your sunroof and nothing drains around your wheel wells then you have plugged sunroof drains.
Feb 26, 2016
787 posts
165 upvotes
Vaughan
x95zsk wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 10:06 pm

mer1ion wrote:
x95zsk wrote:

ANY IDEAS?
It's most likely one of these that's causing your problem but you'll probably need a pro to diagnose it. It could be a leak from the windshield, a clogged drain on the sunroof, a misaligned sunroof or it's coming from the AC drain line/evaporator coil box. I've also seen water leak through a seam in the roof that had seam sealer. It really could be a number of things. Is there a smell to it and does your windows fog up ?
sad to hear. I love the ILX. sounds like you got a lemon? hopefully the issue gets resolved. I suspect it's the sunroof but curious to get an update.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario
There is a battery leak in the car somewhere. I had already 4 boost on this car and 1 battery change. I had a blower motor changed and probably will get another one changed. now water. sigh - i should just dump the car. I bought the car thinking i will keep it for 10 years and justified buying it new.
otaknap wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 8:37 am
x95zsk wrote:

mer1ion wrote:

sad to hear. I love the ILX. sounds like you got a lemon? hopefully the issue gets resolved. I suspect it's the sunroof but curious to get an update.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21548 posts
2312 upvotes
x95zsk wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 9:19 am
There is a battery leak in the car somewhere. I had already 4 boost on this car and 1 battery change. I had a blower motor changed and probably will get another one changed. now water. sigh - i should just dump the car. I bought the car thinking i will keep it for 10 years and justified buying it new.
otaknap wrote:
x95zsk wrote:

You are like that l4ky (misspelled probably) person that was on RFD before... Lemon Acura
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario
what the hell are you talking about??
george__ wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 9:41 am
x95zsk wrote:
otaknap wrote:

You are like that l4ky (misspelled probably) person that was on RFD before... Lemon Acura
Feb 26, 2016
787 posts
165 upvotes
Vaughan
x95zsk wrote:
otaknap wrote:
x95zsk wrote:

out of curiosity. is the car still under warranty?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12832 posts
2287 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
x95zsk wrote:
otaknap wrote:
x95zsk wrote:

Sell you my ILX if you love it that much lol. I want to get rid of it.
Dec 7, 2011
534 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the problems are related to the water leak. Keep us posted. I'm curious where the water is coming from.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario
you and I both. I don't LOVE the car. I am itching to go back to a volvo for my daily driver. WHich ILX did you end up getting? do you still have the volvo? see you on swedespeed! :)
geokilla wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 1:02 pm
x95zsk wrote:
otaknap wrote:

Sell you my ILX if you love it that much lol. I want to get rid of it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1773 posts
108 upvotes
Southern ontario
Dealer called. it came from the windshield.
mer1ion wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 2:12 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if most of the problems are related to the water leak. Keep us posted. I'm curious where the water is coming from.