None
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1464 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
tebore wrote:
Jan 24th, 2013 6:06 am
If you actually drove cars and had your own opinion you wouldn't trust some magazine or publication to tell you what to like.

I disagree with publications all the time because they get wined and dined.

Between members of my family and friends I have driven all sorts of cars. Spent at least a straight week in the Elantra. If you like driving dynamics of aCorolla while enjoying the interior that's better than an Acura then sure this the car for you. Me I like to drive the driving dynamics of a Forte are better. And OP sounds like a younger person life's too short for boring cars.

Looks nicer in black? I'll challenge anyone to pick the Elantra over my Car in its summer guise.

I feel bad for Hyundai and Kia I get better Hwy mileage (hand calc'd) than their ratings. But can't complain about $150 back a year for life.

The Lancer is a POS it handles and drives well but the interior, soundening and build is really sub par. If its not a Evo just get a Mazda 3 same type of driving dynamics but way better interior.
Are you mad? It seems you own a forte and trying you defend how good your forte it while trying to hide how much you hate it.

First of all I am a car enthusiast and I would never buy either a forte or elantra. However I have driven a elantra and it wasn't bad. I am simply saying the elantra is a better choice for the long term, the kia does not have a good resale value. So if you want to drive a car that will lose half its value after its driven off the lot then got for it.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
914 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
I myself am somewhat a car enthusiast...I didn't even test drive the Elantra it was so ugly...the Forte I test drove and I liked...even though it's simple (imo it looks much better than the elantra and its 2014 upcoming model) The only reason I chose not to buy it was the resale value and the fact that the 2014 coming out will kill its value entirely
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
9887 posts
3977 upvotes
Brampton
CalgaryExotics wrote:
Jan 24th, 2013 12:51 pm
Are you mad? It seems you own a forte and trying you defend how good your forte it while trying to hide how much you hate it.

First of all I am a car enthusiast and I would never buy either a forte or elantra. However I have driven a elantra and it wasn't bad. I am simply saying the elantra is a better choice for the long term, the kia does not have a good resale value. So if you want to drive a car that will lose half its value after its driven off the lot then got for it.
Buddy stop youre trying too hard. Yes I own one. I'm objective and I call it like it is. You seem to have a vested interest in the Elantra. Like I said I like the interior but that's not what I was base my buying decision on. Mom owns the Elantra while yes it's a nice car isn't not leaps and bounds better than a except for the interior.

Dont call yourself a car enthusiast because you're not. I bet the closest you have to track time is sitting on a train

...or having one run on you?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1464 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
tebore wrote:
Jan 24th, 2013 3:35 pm
Buddy stop youre trying too hard. Yes I own one. I'm objective and I call it like it is. You seem to have a vested interest in the Elantra. Like I said I like the interior but that's not what I was base my buying decision on. Mom owns the Elantra while yes it's a nice car isn't not leaps and bounds better than a except for the interior.

Dont call yourself a car enthusiast because you're not. I bet the closest you have to track time is sitting on a train

...or having one run on you?
You seem pissed off. Clearly the Kia isn't satisfying. I drive an Acura sir.