• Oct 20th, 2013 11:35 am
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2010
77 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2013 Toronto Ski Show

The Toronto Snow Show is going on October 17-20 in Mississauga.

http://www.torontoskishow.ca/

Is this the annual event where all of the big snowboard/ski brands come and sell last year's gear at clearance prices? Will any of you be going out to this?
12 replies
Aug 2, 2003
492 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Yes this is the annual event. New location, same price as last year but free parking. So far I don't see any discount codes for show tickets.
I don't see many retailers this time around. No Sporting Life. Corbetts as usual has the largest display.

With entrance you get a buy one get one free lift ticket. Here are the details.

Buy 1 Get 1 Free lift ticket to be redeemed at participating Ontario resorts.

Participating Resorts:
Blue Mountain, Horseshoe, Snow Valley, Mount St. Louis Moonstone, Calabogie Peaks, Brimacombe and Hardwood Ski and Bike.

Coupon Details:

All season Monday -Friday. Black-out Christmas Dec 26 - Jan 3 and Monday Feb 17 Black-out.
2 for 1 ADULT FULL PRICE tickets ONLY
Not to be combined with ANY OTHER OFFER.
Offer Expires march 31, 2014.
*Only valid at participating Ontario resorts.
Promo coupons to be picked up at the show and redeemed at the resort.

OP - might want to change your title to say SKI Show instead of SNOW show
Aug 2, 2003
492 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently early bird tickets are for $14 until tomorrow. Regular $17. Purchase directly from the website.
Aug 31, 2005
175 posts
11 upvotes
There's got to be a code somewhere, apparently--there's a box for it on the purchase page.

C'mon, guys. Somebody help us find it!
Dec 10, 2006
999 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this worth going to in order to get cheap gear? Or is the $17 a waste. Never been to this before
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18181 posts
14183 upvotes
Toronto
|Naruto| wrote: Is this worth going to in order to get cheap gear? Or is the $17 a waste. Never been to this before
I think it's worth it, if you know what you want and the going rate of stuff.

The ski swap is great too. I'm bringing 4 sets of skis to sell tonight
Dec 3, 2011
130 posts
17 upvotes
Ajax
Has anyone gone to the show?

Any deals on Googles?

Any deals on season pass?

Share with us!

Thanks!
Aug 22, 2010
77 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just went today, I found everything I wanted to buy there and really liked the event in general. Picked up 2013 Burton Cartel bindings and 2012 Burton Ambush boots for $341 after-tax.
Stock still looked pretty decent mid-day today.

@runner2k - There was a large stand for 1/2 off goggles with a lot of the big goggle brands (Oakley, Electric, etc.) I didn't stop to look at the prices though.
With season passes, I only noticed Mt. St. Louis' $99 season pass for weekdays. That and a $75 full season pass for kids at Tremblant lol
Aug 3, 2010
58 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
If you have been waiting to buy a board/bindings/boots this year, this is the place to go for sure. theres alot of gear for 40-50% off and you can try even bargain for a better deal. While I ended up buying a used board, I got a decent pair of Saloman snowboard boots for approx 120. the guy gave me 13% off (basically no tax) after I talked to him
Apr 26, 2010
923 posts
187 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can I sell or trade in my boots?
I'm looking for new boots and a board bag
Jan 3, 2008
978 posts
268 upvotes
W.GTA
Best deal I saw there - Contour roam 2 $80, there are other deals depending on what you are looking for.
Dec 3, 2011
130 posts
17 upvotes
Ajax
I bought two contour+2 for $200 cash for both. Best deal ever... Can't beat this...

It does a good job and in my opinion its shape works better for motorcycling and snowboarding than the GoPro (box). It also comes with lots of goodies and mounts. I've had a gopro 3 black for a week and returned it. I'm happy I did it because I've got a much better deal on the contour+2.

I bought it even though the company has shutdown (bankruptcy).