Automotive

2013 Venza Pricing - Is this a good price?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2012 5:28 pm
Tags:
None
May 7, 2006
289 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario

2013 Venza Pricing - Is this a good price?

Looking to purchase the following
2013 Toyota Venza AWD V6 Touring Package

Based on Unhaggle:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
[td]Item[/td]
[td]MSRP[/td]
[td]Invoice[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Venza V6 AWD[/td]
[td]32245[/td]
[td]29333[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Touring Package[/td]
[td]6055[/td]
[td]5089[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mandatory Fees [br] Freight PDI etc[/td]
[td]1770[/td]
[td]1770[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Pre-Tax Total[/td]
[td]40070[/td]
[td]36192[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Taxes[/td]
[td]5209[/td]
[td]4704[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]After Tax[/td]
[td]45279[/td]
[td]40896[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Went to the dealer and we started off at the MSRP and ended off the conversation at 41550 or so. This was contingent on me providing the CCC or Unhaggle report. They stated that they would add 4% to the cost of invoice of whatever I brought (which would bring the price to $42452).

1. Is 4% above invoice a good buy? I was under the impression that some places may simply add $500 to the cost and go from there or even better, sell under invoice.
2. Is it worth buying CCC, APA or Unhaggle services?

Thanks!
20 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
15808 posts
2466 upvotes
Toronto
so many toyota dealers out there. If this dealer is asking more than you're willing to pay, then just move on to another dealer until you get the price that you want to pay.

I say cost + $1000 is fair, with no hidden fees to be added, given it's a MY2013.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5754 posts
659 upvotes
I don't think the model is that popular so there should always be room, plus the new RAV4 would probably take some of the sales of the Venza away so they are likely wanting to move as many Venza now when they can.

Once again, the "dealer cost" doesn't tell you about discounts or rebates that the dealers get so even the "whole sale cost" may be higher than the actural cost to the dealer.

One thing you can do is use the quote from one dealer and push the other to beat it.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
6127 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
And this is why uhaggle is terrible, car cost canada will give you a layout with all the incentives but free is it not. I'd rather pay the few bucks and get a CCC report anyday of a free uhaggle report.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5371 posts
355 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I looked at this last month. Indeed there's a 2000 cash incentive. Technically they should be able to give you below invoice price as even at 4% you are looking at dealer profit of 1600.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2581 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
in 2009 when we got ours we paid 5% above dealer cost, no incentives back then and waited 8 wks to get the car.
[OP]
May 7, 2006
289 posts
19 upvotes
Ontario
Neb wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:00 pm
in 2009 when we got ours we paid 5% above dealer cost, no incentives back then and waited 8 wks to get the car.
Looks like the best I have gotten is $800 above invoice (about 2.3% above invoice).

Great price, ready to move on it. Have to talk to Toyota Financial Services to inquire about the loyalty discount (household owns two Toyota's, but none in my name) as they are offering 0% if you own a Toyota. Price difference on the car 0% vs. 0.9% finance rate is about $1000 over 60 months.

Thanks for the responses!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
15808 posts
2466 upvotes
Toronto
^ that certainly sounds like a good deal.
Feb 1, 2005
186 posts
Toronto
hdom wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 1:46 pm
I don't think the model is that popular so there should always be room, plus the new RAV4 would probably take some of the sales of the Venza away so they are likely wanting to move as many Venza now when they can.

Once again, the "dealer cost" doesn't tell you about discounts or rebates that the dealers get so even the "whole sale cost" may be higher than the actural cost to the dealer.

One thing you can do is use the quote from one dealer and push the other to beat it.
How would one go about doing this. Dealer B will want proof on paper from Dealer A. While Dealer A will not give you anything in witting unless you are ready to sign.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2435 posts
212 upvotes
Pay for the ccc. it's not super cheap but it'll give you peace of mind that you have all the information in front of you. and what's $40 compared to a $40K car? CAA members get 25% off. and you get 10 reports for the price of 5 this month. http://www.carcostcanada.com/1/en/

It's helpful to know what the dealer rebates are and what the consumer rebates are so you can tell whether they're actually doing you a favour or if they're just pretending..... At best, it helps you save money... at worst, it gives you peace of mind that you didn't pay too much..

APA is almost double the price.. you might want to consider it as it gives you a pre-negotiated price which can then function as your ceiling price. That being said - I have not had any experience with APA so if their price comes in at invoice + 15%, that isn't too helpful.

But I think you should definitely get one CCC or APA...
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
poorwingman wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:23 am
APA is almost double the price.. you might want to consider it as it gives you a pre-negotiated price which can then function as your ceiling price. That being said - I have not had any experience with APA so if their price comes in at invoice + 15%, that isn't too helpful.
When I got quotes from APA for a Prius and a Sienna back in 2009, it was $800-$900 above invoice -- about 2.0-3.4% depending on the model & trim you get. Plus no admin fees. The Sienna quote was for factory orders only, though.

It'll probably be similar for a 2013 Venza these days.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Sep 26, 2006
606 posts
16 upvotes
get a better looking car
venza = lowered minivan
Reality Check
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2133 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
bluedcfive wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:04 pm
get a better looking car
venza = lowered minivan
OP should be able to get whatever car he wants correct? Your opinion is your opinion.
× < >