Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017/2018 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2018 5:33 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 7, 2008
2 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This is another testimony to the excellent experience I had with Craig and his staff. My furnace broke down on January 1st and I needed something installed ASAP. After reviewing quotes from people at various levels of service (Kijiji HVAC contractor, Small HVAC company, Costco, and Craig's company (Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling) - I settled on Craig for a few reasons.

1. He was prompt with answering phone calls, emails, etc - he was actually out of the country while communicating with me and still answered every call/text/email.
2. His price was middle of the pack - still much less than Costco though
3. He stands by his products and installation and doesn't mandate annual maintenance by his company - almost all the other contractors required this or the warranty would not be honored - these maintenance visits are >$100/year
4. After speaking with 4 HVAC salesman - Craig was genuine, honest, and didn't try to upsell
5. He moved around his schedule to get an emergency installation for me the next day so that my family wouldn't freeze!

The day of installation - THREE professionals came into install my heater and furnace. They worked hard, straight through lunch, and cleaned up my basement in the process (it was a bit of a mess since we'd just moved in). They undid a lot of the DIY mess that previous owners had done. They even installed my ecobee3 and Craig discounted me the cost of the thermostat unsolicited. All in all, these guys were professionals and a pleasure to have over.

I would not hesitate to recommend Craig's company for HVAC installation - so far an excellent experience and I'll update this post in the future with any further experience.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1706 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Craig, will you marry me? We will make beautiful babies...
Jun 1, 2010
327 posts
58 upvotes
catpurrcat wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:22 pm
Just adding one more positive review to this thread. Craig had staff install an Ecobee 4 today, both at the furnace and on the wall, along with setup and configuration. The installation was efficient and the gentleman was courteous and seemed to be very familiar with this model. The furnace itself was installed a couple of months ago by Four Season Comfort and so I was looking for a professional and clean install of the thermostat as well. Payment made easily by e-transfer, no need for cash on hand or digging out an ancient cheque.

I come from a family of professional contractors, and without an hvac expert in the family I’m pleased that the work we can’t do ourselves is done right.
Thanks again for your business, its our pleasure to provide you with after sales service. We are glad you ecobee is up and running, please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks
Craig
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Jan 14, 2007
407 posts
68 upvotes
GTA North
Just starting the process with Craig.
Met with him yesterday, did the in home assessment, received the quote and looking forward to having him and his team do the install.
Need to go through Enbridge energy audit first (sent request today) and will then be able to set a date for install.

Tim
Jun 1, 2010
327 posts
58 upvotes
ranom wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:10 am
This is another testimony to the excellent experience I had with Craig and his staff. My furnace broke down on January 1st and I needed something installed ASAP. After reviewing quotes from people at various levels of service (Kijiji HVAC contractor, Small HVAC company, Costco, and Craig's company (Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling) - I settled on Craig for a few reasons.

1. He was prompt with answering phone calls, emails, etc - he was actually out of the country while communicating with me and still answered every call/text/email.
2. His price was middle of the pack - still much less than Costco though
3. He stands by his products and installation and doesn't mandate annual maintenance by his company - almost all the other contractors required this or the warranty would not be honored - these maintenance visits are >$100/year
4. After speaking with 4 HVAC salesman - Craig was genuine, honest, and didn't try to upsell
5. He moved around his schedule to get an emergency installation for me the next day so that my family wouldn't freeze!

The day of installation - THREE professionals came into install my heater and furnace. They worked hard, straight through lunch, and cleaned up my basement in the process (it was a bit of a mess since we'd just moved in). They undid a lot of the DIY mess that previous owners had done. They even installed my ecobee3 and Craig discounted me the cost of the thermostat unsolicited. All in all, these guys were professionals and a pleasure to have over.

I would not hesitate to recommend Craig's company for HVAC installation - so far an excellent experience and I'll update this post in the future with any further experience.
It was a pleasure working for you ranom, I hope you are pleased with your new tankless domestic hot water heater and new furnace. We appreciate your business and thank you for the feedback. We do our best for our clients and offer them only products that will truly benefit them. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
Sep 11, 2012
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Big shout-out to Craig and Four Season Comfort for fast and efficient service providing us with a new gas hot water tank. Middle of winter is a lousy time to have your old hot water heater rust out and pour all over the basement, leaving only ice water throughout the house. Craig sourced a new tank for us and had it installed within a few days. Thanks also to installers Jordon and Connor. They left the site looking better than they found it.

Craig is an easy guy to work with and really knows his stuff. Wouldn't hesitate to call him again.
Jun 1, 2010
327 posts
58 upvotes
photart wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 11:05 am
Big shout-out to Craig and Four Season Comfort for fast and efficient service providing us with a new gas hot water tank. Middle of winter is a lousy time to have your old hot water heater rust out and pour all over the basement, leaving only ice water throughout the house. Craig sourced a new tank for us and had it installed within a few days. Thanks also to installers Jordon and Connor. They left the site looking better than they found it.

Craig is an easy guy to work with and really knows his stuff. Wouldn't hesitate to call him again.
We are glad to heat your new tank is working well, I will be sure to let Jordan and Connor know you are pleased with their work. Its been a pleasure working for you and please let us know if you need anything else.
Jan 14, 2007
407 posts
68 upvotes
GTA North
Another happy customer of Craig's and Four Season Comfort. Things moved very quickly from when I first contacted him Jan 8/18. Craig replied to emails promptly, came and did a site inspection on Sunday Jan 14/18, provided the quote the following day along with the names of some energy auditors. I was then able to sign up for the Enbridge program on Jan 15/18 and let Craig know we were good with the quote. Craig offered me a few dates based on my schedule which were much sooner than I had expected. Of course, just to make things interesting, we choose Friday Jan 19/18 (3 days from accepting quote) due to travel plans starting the 20th. I'm sure he had to move around the schedule but I received an email staying Mike and Al would be at our place between 8-9am on the 19th. On the 19th Mike and Al were at our door at 8:30am. Introduced themselves, laid down floor protection, went over and explained what they were going to be doing, and got to work removing the old furnace and water heater and installing the new ones. They also wired up my Ecobee 4 (so I could check things while away) and we made sure everything was working. They cleaned up, and were done and gone before 3pm. At around 4pm I received a call from Craig checking if everything was ok and if I was happy. He said if I had any concerns to be sure to contact him. Great service! Great products! Thanks Craig, Mike and Al. RFD community comes through again.

Edit - Just to add Craig also sent in the application for the $250 furnace rebate which I received an email for while I was away. Also forgot to mention our quote had the 2017 RFD discount included
Last edited by IMHIP2 on Jan 31st, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1706 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Craig seems to be the most loved man on RFD forum.
There has to be someone that hates him...just one...
Dec 4, 2009
123 posts
55 upvotes
Waterdown
BDSL wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 3:29 pm
Craig seems to be the most loved man on RFD forum.
There has to be someone that hates him...just one...
The competition...Winking Face
Nov 1, 2006
234 posts
75 upvotes
Are there any reputable HVAC installers in the Ottawa region that are recommended to the extent that Craig has been recommended here?
Mar 15, 2017
53 posts
12 upvotes
The only reason I called Craig was due to the amount of positive feedback from you guys.
Im really glad I contacted Craig. I honestly have no complaints. My airhandler crapped out thurs morning and by fri at noon i had heat again in my house. His responses were swift and the service was efficient. His crew showed up on time, installed a nice airhandler and got my heat running by lunch time. The guys were friendly, careful for their surroundings and cleaned up after the job was complete. Very happy customer. Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7001 posts
3434 upvotes
Markham
WAHASH4deals wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 12:35 pm
The only reason I called Craig was due to the amount of positive feedback from you guys.
Im really glad I contacted Craig. I honestly have no complaints. My airhandler crapped out thurs morning and by fri at noon i had heat again in my house. His responses were swift and the service was efficient. His crew showed up on time, installed a nice airhandler and got my heat running by lunch time. The guys were friendly, careful for their surroundings and cleaned up after the job was complete. Very happy customer. Thanks!
This is basically the only reason why I advocate for Craig. It is so freakishly hard to find good contractors, especially for something as important as HVAC. I mean you need heat... and cold... immediately.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1706 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Anikiri, Craig was sick last week. Did you know? Did you show up with a get well gift basket?
I doubt it. I am his favorite....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7001 posts
3434 upvotes
Markham
BDSL wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:32 pm
Anikiri, Craig was sick last week. Did you know? Did you show up with a get well gift basket?
I doubt it. I am his favorite....
;(

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)