1. He was prompt with answering phone calls, emails, etc - he was actually out of the country while communicating with me and still answered every call/text/email.
2. His price was middle of the pack - still much less than Costco though
3. He stands by his products and installation and doesn't mandate annual maintenance by his company - almost all the other contractors required this or the warranty would not be honored - these maintenance visits are >$100/year
4. After speaking with 4 HVAC salesman - Craig was genuine, honest, and didn't try to upsell
5. He moved around his schedule to get an emergency installation for me the next day so that my family wouldn't freeze!
The day of installation - THREE professionals came into install my heater and furnace. They worked hard, straight through lunch, and cleaned up my basement in the process (it was a bit of a mess since we'd just moved in). They undid a lot of the DIY mess that previous owners had done. They even installed my ecobee3 and Craig discounted me the cost of the thermostat unsolicited. All in all, these guys were professionals and a pleasure to have over.
I would not hesitate to recommend Craig's company for HVAC installation - so far an excellent experience and I'll update this post in the future with any further experience.