Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017/2018 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 7:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
500 upvotes
Markham
LABGUY2012 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2018 11:39 pm
Those prices looks good
Would you buy a vehicle that is cheap....but requires monthly expensive repairs and long downtime? Yes, you might save a few hundred dollars up front. But the amount of headache and repair worth it?
Dec 4, 2009
167 posts
107 upvotes
Waterdown
I had the pleasure of working with Craig recently, a new furnace & AC unit to replace a 25 year old setup. It was a straightforward process, really what you see is what you get. No drama, no doubletalk, no bullshit. The equipment is top notch, the install went off without fuss, the coordinated group buy (thank you Anikiri) and respective mfg rebates was all really helpful, he even connected me to the proper energy auditor so I can go deeper on teh provincial rebates.

His installers Mike & Al didn’t mind my questions and they did a great job at working clean in our home and being thorough. It was likely the muggiest day of the year so far and they didn’t even stop for lunch!

I had a few others quote on the job, just to see where the cost “could be” and what really got my attention about working with Craig wasn’t the price but all the positive feedback. Not 1 negative comment in the list! You really have to keep in mind how fussy the RFD crowd can be, I consider this likely the best part of the deal. IMO, price was in check with what I wanted. Equipment is top shelf, and the warranty goes beyond what others offer.

If you need some HVAC work done, you’d be hard pressed to find someone who can do better than FourSeason Comfort. Thank you again for your help Craig, much appreciated.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
500 upvotes
Markham
Todd96srv wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 11:31 pm
I had a few others quote on the job, just to see where the cost “could be” and what really got my attention about working with Craig wasn’t the price but all the positive feedback. Not 1 negative comment in the list! You really have to keep in mind how fussy the RFD crowd can be, I consider this likely the best part of the deal. IMO, price was in check with what I wanted. Equipment is top shelf, and the warranty goes beyond what others offer.
Exactly. Price is only part of the picture.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7763 posts
4536 upvotes
Markham
Todd96srv wrote:
I had the pleasure of working with Craig recently, a new furnace & AC unit to replace a 25 year old setup. It was a straightforward process, really what you see is what you get. No drama, no doubletalk, no bullshit. The equipment is top notch, the install went off without fuss, the coordinated group buy (thank you Anikiri) and respective mfg rebates was all really helpful, he even connected me to the proper energy auditor so I can go deeper on teh provincial rebates.

His installers Mike & Al didn’t mind my questions and they did a great job at working clean in our home and being thorough. It was likely the muggiest day of the year so far and they didn’t even stop for lunch!

If you need some HVAC work done, you’d be hard pressed to find someone who can do better than FourSeason Comfort. Thank you again for your help Craig, much appreciated.
Awesome. I am glad I could help. Congratulations on your new furnace and AC!
Jun 1, 2010
359 posts
79 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 10:19 am
Would you buy a vehicle that is cheap....but requires monthly expensive repairs and long downtime? Yes, you might save a few hundred dollars up front. But the amount of headache and repair worth it?
It’s not only the quality of the AC unit. It’s the quality of the installation. The installation is most important as there are lots of shortcuts to be made such a as copper and evaporator coils made overseas and untrained and technicians that are not licensed to install AC units.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Dec 3, 2008
277 posts
90 upvotes
My A/C was installed today and I can’t say enough nice things about Craig and his team.
These guys really do go above and beyond.

During the install one of the guys (Scott) pointed out a slow leak in the plastic/rubber tube feeding water to my humidifier.
He replaced the tube with copper and replaced the valve free of charge.

They’re quick, clean and courteous.
I won’t hesitate to call Craig one of these days once my furnace bites the dust.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5625 posts
494 upvotes
I'm looking at replacing my furnace and AC but have my eye set on Carrier. Seems like Four Season doesn't carry Carrier, any suggestion on companies to contact in Markham? I used High Life before and not satisfied. Also, any comment about Carrier vs Trane?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7763 posts
4536 upvotes
Markham
golden wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 8:31 am
I'm looking at replacing my furnace and AC but have my eye set on Carrier. Seems like Four Season doesn't carry Carrier, any suggestion on companies to contact in Markham? I used High Life before and not satisfied. Also, any comment about Carrier vs Trane?
Well Trane is the better brand of American Standard, which is rated #1 for AC units. Carrier doesn't come close to that. I think that pretty much sums up the difference.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5625 posts
494 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:16 am
Well Trane is the better brand of American Standard, which is rated #1 for AC units. Carrier doesn't come close to that. I think that pretty much sums up the difference.
What about Trane furnace? I did read it somewhere that Trane is good for AC units.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7763 posts
4536 upvotes
Markham
golden wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:49 am
What about Trane furnace? I did read it somewhere that Trane is good for AC units.
I have no clue. If you know someone who has access to Consumer Reports, that's probably the best person to ask.
Jun 1, 2010
359 posts
79 upvotes
Todd96srv wrote:

Thanks for your business Todd, it was a pleasure working for you. Im glad you are pleased with our company and thank you for trusting us to replace your furnace & AC. Please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Ty
Craig

Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
500 upvotes
Markham
I had Craig installed my new AC 2 years ago. It is still running perfectly. Great product and service.
Jun 10, 2018
1 posts
2 upvotes
My neighbour recommended Craig to me for buying AC.

The whole experience with Craig and his installation teams is great. From the beginning, Craig always answer my email/text-msg promptly and the installation time he scheduled was right after I contacted him (I thought it is hot season now). The two gentlemen he sent to install my unit are professional and courteous. They resolved a big issue I had with Nest thermostat long time ago. They were clean and explained everything after all was completed.

I highly recommend Four Season Comfort.

PS: The story about Nest is that My house was equipped with a thermostat using battery originally. Then I bought Nest, which requires to be charged by our HVAC system. However with the same setup, no power was supplied to Nest. A reliance comfort technician came and provided a temporarily solution by switching existing wire from AC (Y) to power (C) for charging and it worked. But that made me feel that I can't have Nest and AC together in my house without adding a new wire. Luckily the issue is resolved easily by Craig's team. (I think they switch the wire back from C to Y, but somehow give Rh power now. Proficiency is important!)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
500 upvotes
Markham
cscaoxiao wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:28 pm
My neighbour recommended Craig to me for buying AC.

The whole experience with Craig and his installation teams is great. From the beginning, Craig always answer my email/text-msg promptly and the installation time he scheduled was right after I contacted him (I thought it is hot season now). The two gentlemen he sent to install my unit are professional and courteous. They resolved a big issue I had with Nest thermostat long time ago. They were clean and explained everything after all was completed.

I highly recommend Four Season Comfort.

PS: The story about Nest is that My house was equipped with a thermostat using battery originally. Then I bought Nest, which requires to be charged by our HVAC system. However with the same setup, no power was supplied to Nest. A reliance comfort technician came and provided a temporarily solution by switching existing wire from AC (Y) to power (C) for charging and it worked. But that made me feel that I can't have Nest and AC together in my house without adding a new wire. Luckily the issue is resolved easily by Craig's team. (I think they switch the wire back from C to Y, but somehow give Rh power now. Proficiency is important!)
This is your first post!!
You signed up on RFD forum just to praise Craig? Great effort!!