Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017/2018 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 6:17 am
Tags:
None
Sep 26, 2017
19 posts
3 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:50 am
I have no clue. If you know someone who has access to Consumer Reports, that's probably the best person to ask.
If you’re in Toronto you can use your library card to access Consumer Reports. Just google consumer reports tpl and something should come up.
Jan 23, 2007
120 posts
122 upvotes
GTA
Craig's guys installed my A/C yesterday, and I want to join in to say how pleased I am with my overall experience.

My original appointment was scheduled for late May, but something came up and I told Craig that I could not be home on the installation date. I only gave Craig a few days notice, but he was really prompt and had no problems rescheduling me. The day before the appointment, Craig called to confirm the appointment, and to let me know that there was a problem with my A/C. The XR13 that we had ordered through this group buy was out of stock. The XR14 that the supplier would normally sub it with was also out of stock. We ended up getting an XR16 for the price of the XR13!! I can see some companies telling us we would just have to wait longer for our unit to come back in stock and/or asking for an upcharge to get the higher end unit installed now... but Craig was just happy for us. That speaks to how much Craig and the people he works with cares about customer satisfaction. Rescheduling the appointment really worked in our favour this time.

As for the installers, both great guys - super knowledgeable and professional. As others have said, they do a good job cleaning up after they're done. We had some rain earlier in the day so it was inevitable that a bit of dirt would be tracked into the basement (we have an unfinished walk-out that they used for entry). When they were done, they had a broom and dustpan to clean up all the debris. They took the time to explain everything and answer any questions I had. He also took the extra step to check for and remove a shipping bolt from our furnace that he said builders always leave behind.

I highly recommend Four Season Comfort and would not hesitate to use them for all my future HVAC needs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7758 posts
4524 upvotes
Markham
Hey guys, I've got the 2018 Consumer Reports Central Air Conditioner and Furance Reliability Ratings:
Do note that both Trane and American Standard are the exact same units, just differently badged.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7758 posts
4524 upvotes
Markham
noodlesoup wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:31 am
Craig's guys installed my A/C yesterday, and I want to join in to say how pleased I am with my overall experience.

My original appointment was scheduled for late May, but something came up and I told Craig that I could not be home on the installation date. I only gave Craig a few days notice, but he was really prompt and had no problems rescheduling me. The day before the appointment, Craig called to confirm the appointment, and to let me know that there was a problem with my A/C. The XR13 that we had ordered through this group buy was out of stock. The XR14 that the supplier would normally sub it with was also out of stock. We ended up getting an XR16 for the price of the XR13!! I can see some companies telling us we would just have to wait longer for our unit to come back in stock and/or asking for an upcharge to get the higher end unit installed now... but Craig was just happy for us. That speaks to how much Craig and the people he works with cares about customer satisfaction. Rescheduling the appointment really worked in our favour this time.

As for the installers, both great guys - super knowledgeable and professional. As others have said, they do a good job cleaning up after they're done. We had some rain earlier in the day so it was inevitable that a bit of dirt would be tracked into the basement (we have an unfinished walk-out that they used for entry). When they were done, they had a broom and dustpan to clean up all the debris. They took the time to explain everything and answer any questions I had. He also took the extra step to check for and remove a shipping bolt from our furnace that he said builders always leave behind.

I highly recommend Four Season Comfort and would not hesitate to use them for all my future HVAC needs.
Wow congratulations. You got an XR16 for the price of an XR13. That's amazing. I guess this is great timing and great service from Craig.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4033 posts
1760 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:32 am
Wow congratulations. You got an XR16 for the price of an XR13. That's amazing. I guess this is great timing and great service from Craig.
I'm scheduled for next Tuesday, fingers crossed for an upgraded unit lol
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7758 posts
4524 upvotes
Markham
Melkor wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:54 am
I'm scheduled for next Tuesday, fingers crossed for an upgraded unit lol
Good Luck!!! I hope you get the better unit.
Jun 1, 2010
358 posts
79 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 10:19 am
Would you buy a vehicle that is cheap....but requires monthly expensive repairs and long downtime? Yes, you might save a few hundred dollars up front. But the amount of headache and repair worth it?
Yes agreed. There is a lot of over the counter builder grade equipment that is sold. Proper installation with trained technicians and copper, coils and other materials are the key to no future service issues.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
499 upvotes
Markham
Finding a good AC is like finding a spouse.

Its not how good she/he looks at the moment. You want know how she/he is without makeup, how she/he is around your friends/families/colleagues/people, how she/he is when a problem arises, how she/he with the spending, how she/he respects your hobbies, how faithful she/he is, etc. Every breakup will cost you some headache. AC system is no different.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4033 posts
1760 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
BDSL wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 4:07 pm

Its not how good she/he looks at the moment. You want know how she/he is without makeup, how she/he is around your friends/families/colleagues/people, how she/he is when a problem arises, how she/he with the spending, how she/he respects your hobbies, how faithful she/he is, etc. Every breakup will cost you some headache. AC system is no different.
I always wondered what my air conditioner looked like without makeup.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1845 posts
499 upvotes
Markham
Melkor wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 4:08 pm
I always wondered what my air conditioner looked like without makeup.
Take the panels off and take a peek inside.
Jun 1, 2010
358 posts
79 upvotes
noodlesoup wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:31 am

Thanks for your business noodlesoup. We are glad you are pleased with your XR16, your business is greatly appreciated.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca 416-524-7228
Jun 1, 2010
358 posts
79 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 4:07 pm

Thats a interesting analogy BDSL. Proper installation is the most important part.
Jun 1, 2010
358 posts
79 upvotes
staneric123 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 9:45 pm
My A/C was installed today and I can’t say enough nice things about Craig and his team.
These guys really do go above and beyond.

During the install one of the guys (Scott) pointed out a slow leak in the plastic/rubber tube feeding water to my humidifier.
He replaced the tube with copper and replaced the valve free of charge.

They’re quick, clean and courteous.
I won’t hesitate to call Craig one of these days once my furnace bites the dust.
Thanks for your business. Its been a pleasure working for you.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4033 posts
1760 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I had my new AC installed yesterday and the guys did a great job. They were efficient, clean and courteous. I'll definitely be contacting Craig for my new furnace in a couple years. Couldn't be happier.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
7758 posts
4524 upvotes
Markham
Melkor wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 3:21 pm
I had my new AC installed yesterday and the guys did a great job. They were efficient, clean and courteous. I'll definitely be contacting Craig for my new furnace in a couple years. Couldn't be happier.
Neat, you went from inquiry to installation to review real quickly. +1