Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 9:08 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6458 posts
2799 upvotes
Markham

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

This thread is dedicated to those who purchased a Central AC unit through the RFD 2014, 2015, & 2016 Group Buys from Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling.

If you have any concerns, questions, reviews, comments, or any other form of input, please feel free to post them here. Craig will frequent this thread often, in order to answer all your questions.

If you happen to have any general questions regarding Central AC units, also feel free to voice them here. I am sure Craig will be happy to help you.

Thanks to everyone who joined a very successful 2014/2015 Group Buy, as well as those who joined/will join in the 2016 Group Buy.

2017 Group By: RFD 2017 Central AC Group Buy

2016 Group Buy: group-buy-2016-central-ac-american-standard-1952899/

2015 Group Buy: group-buy-central-air-conditioner-2015- ... a-1708095/

2014 Group Buy: gta-central-ac-group-buy-2014-current-t ... t-1488368/

Credit to @redkulat
Last edited by Anikiri on Jul 3rd, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
365 replies
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6458 posts
2799 upvotes
Markham
Well seeing the lack of posts, I can only assume that everyone is wonderfully satisfied with the purchase and installation from Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling.
Sep 3, 2002
683 posts
189 upvotes
GTA
How does the ESA certificate work? Do we see a physical document, or is this filed with the ESA?

How soon after the install can we expect the rebate for qualified units?
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
When your AC company installs your AC they should apply for a ESA permit(lots of companies don't). If we installed your AC we are on the ACP (authorized contractors program) with the ESA and only have 1 in 10 jobs inspected because we have few defects. The rebate check can take 4-6 weeks after the rebate has been processed through your participating contractor. If we installed your AC please PM me and I can let you know if your claim has been submitted and give you a approx time that you may expect your check.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2474 posts
161 upvotes
theSPOOLER wrote:
Jul 11th, 2014 9:59 pm
How does the ESA certificate work? Do we see a physical document, or is this filed with the ESA?

How soon after the install can we expect the rebate for qualified units?
I never got a physical document but my installer gave me an ESA permit notification number which I scribbled down and filed away. Better than nothing I suppose.
Dec 3, 2012
3 posts
4 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Just adding my comments here to, as people may not be checking the group buy thread. For those of you looking to get an A/C unit I strongly recommend you check out the 2015 link provided by Anikiri asap.

I had my AC installed last weekend by Craig's company and I am impressed! Craig's team is very professional and courteous. They started working on the AC as soon as they arrived and finished installation as planned. They did very well in cleaning up the materials they used & did not leave any trash. Price is better compared to the quotes given to me by other companies for the brand I got, or for other brands of similar size. Also other companies tried to get us to buy an even larger unit for our home that would have cost over 2K more. I bought the American Standard silver 16 with 3.5 Seer. Despite the enormous size of it, ( recommended as per the size of my house by Craig ) it works very quietly when we tried it. It was very quiet-inside and out! Very impressive! As I am glad with this first purchase with them, I plan to have my other stuff (I.e gas line, and humidifier) done by them as well.

I meet with Craig after the install and he provided some additional advise ( at no cost :-D LOL ) regarding how to efficiently circulate the air through in the house for maximum comfort, and other items. Craig is very personable and friendly, and his team very professional. We are looking forward to get a good price for the other stuff too!

Thanks to Anikiri for setting up this Group Buy! Been waiting for this for awhile. j
Apr 21, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Woodbridge, ON
Hello fellow RFD'ers. I had an AC unit installed by Craig and his team a couple of days ago. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and did a great job in keeping my place clean. The team answered a bunch of questions that I had, showed me how my unit works, and even gave me a few pointers on my AC unit and furnance.

Craig was great throughout the process as he responded to my inquires and questions either through phone/email in a very timely manner. He explained the install process and walked me through what they were going to do and the reasons behind it.

Overall I was very satisfied and we'll definitely look for Craig and his team to replace our furnace when the time comes.

I went with the AS Silver 14 3 Ton unit
May 4, 2008
280 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Participated in last year's group buy and had Craig and his team install my AC back in October.

I wholeheartedly recommend Craig for your HVAC needs. He's a professional, kind and patient resource who helped me navigate what my needs were being a first time home buyer. His crew were also very polite and took the time to help me understand my new AC. Craig has always been available and prompt with any inquiries I had.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Craig to friends, families and everyone here at RFD!
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
Marxie wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2015 11:25 pm
Just adding my comments here to, as people may not be checking the group buy thread. For those of you looking to get an A/C unit I strongly recommend you check out the 2015 link provided by Anikiri asap.

I had my AC installed last weekend by Craig's company and I am impressed! Craig's team is very professional and courteous. They started working on the AC as soon as they arrived and finished installation as planned. They did very well in cleaning up the materials they used & did not leave any trash. Price is better compared to the quotes given to me by other companies for the brand I got, or for other brands of similar size. Also other companies tried to get us to buy an even larger unit for our home that would have cost over 2K more. I bought the American Standard silver 16 with 3.5 Seer. Despite the enormous size of it, ( recommended as per the size of my house by Craig ) it works very quietly when we tried it. It was very quiet-inside and out! Very impressive! As I am glad with this first purchase with them, I plan to have my other stuff (I.e gas line, and humidifier) done by them as well.

I meet with Craig after the install and he provided some additional advise ( at no cost :-D LOL ) regarding how to efficiently circulate the air through in the house for maximum comfort, and other items. Craig is very personable and friendly, and his team very professional. We are looking forward to get a good price for the other stuff too!

Thanks to Anikiri for setting up this Group Buy! Been waiting for this for awhile. j
Thank you Jenny for your review. We appreciate your business and are pleased that your are satisfied with the product and our installation. Best Wishes in your beautiful new home! Please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
stc1111 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2015 9:39 am
Hello fellow RFD'ers. I had an AC unit installed by Craig and his team a couple of days ago. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and did a great job in keeping my place clean. The team answered a bunch of questions that I had, showed me how my unit works, and even gave me a few pointers on my AC unit and furnance.

Craig was great throughout the process as he responded to my inquires and questions either through phone/email in a very timely manner. He explained the install process and walked me through what they were going to do and the reasons behind it.

Overall I was very satisfied and we'll definitely look for Craig and his team to replace our furnace when the time comes.

I went with the AS Silver 14 3 Ton unit
Thank you for your positive review stc111. Thank you for your business and please let us know if you need anything else at all!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1361 posts
244 upvotes
Members just joining to praise makes me think twice about the credibility . New heights of self propaganda still to be achieved . Anyways it has now reinstated my trust in Home star reviews .
Apparently there are always a loop holes in basic rules of RFD. :facepalm:
A fine is a tax for doing wrong .
A tax is a fine for doing right .
Dec 7, 2013
173 posts
101 upvotes
newlyborn wrote:
Apr 25th, 2015 11:13 am
Members just joining to praise makes me think twice about the credibility . New heights of self propaganda still to be achieved . Anyways it has now reinstated my trust in Home star reviews .
Apparently there are always a loop holes in basic rules of RFD. :facepalm:
I actually looked at his 2014 feedbacks and the feedbacks he received in the Milton forums before deciding to go with Craig. There isn't a shortage of positive reviews from Craig. I think if you really looked for his reviews you can find mostly positive ones.

It isn't uncommon for people to sign up on this forum just to join a group buy. I did this for a different group buy.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
shumami wrote:
Apr 25th, 2015 11:37 am
I actually looked at his 2014 feedbacks and the feedbacks he received in the Milton forums before deciding to go with Craig. There isn't a shortage of positive reviews from Craig. I think if you really looked for his reviews you can find mostly positive ones.

It isn't uncommon for people to sign up on this forum just to join a group buy. I did this for a different group buy.
Thank Shumami, I have built this business on offering a great product at a excellent price with unbeatable after sales service and support. I am not saying we are perfect, but if we make a mistake or our clients aren't pleased we always make it right and would not operate any other way. Fortunately our clients have been pleased with our service and have posted positive reviews on many online forums including Homestars.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
marcotech wrote:
Apr 24th, 2015 10:54 am
Participated in last year's group buy and had Craig and his team install my AC back in October.

I wholeheartedly recommend Craig for your HVAC needs. He's a professional, kind and patient resource who helped me navigate what my needs were being a first time home buyer. His crew were also very polite and took the time to help me understand my new AC. Craig has always been available and prompt with any inquiries I had.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Craig to friends, families and everyone here at RFD!
Thanks Marco, We appreciate your business and please let us know if you need anything else at all!
Dec 7, 2013
173 posts
101 upvotes
Do you have a cheaper option for humidifiers? I remember last year you had a Honeywell for about half the price.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)