Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 9:08 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6458 posts
2799 upvotes
Markham
bsobaid wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 10:36 am
Anikiri wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2014 9:07 pm
This thread is dedicated to those who purchased a Central AC unit through the RFD 2014, 2015, & 2016 Group Buys from Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling.

If you have any concerns, questions, reviews, comments, or any other form of input, please feel free to post them here. Craig will frequent this thread often, in order to answer all your questions.

If you happen to have any general questions regarding Central AC units, also feel free to voice them here. I am sure Craig will be happy to help you.

Thanks to everyone who joined a very successful 2014/2015 Group Buy, as well as those who joined/will join in the 2016 Group Buy.

2016 Group Buy: group-buy-2016-central-ac-american-standard-1952899/

2015 Group Buy: group-buy-central-air-conditioner-2015- ... a-1708095/

2014 Group Buy: gta-central-ac-group-buy-2014-current-t ... t-1488368/
Any plans to do Carrier AC group-buy?
Sorry mate, that is currently not in the works.
Dec 29, 2008
476 posts
21 upvotes
Any chance for a phase 2/end of summer group buy? Just bought a house and I'm sweatinggg :p
Apr 19, 2007
135 posts
I may be the only dissenter here but I was totally unimpressed with my interaction with Craig Newhouse of Four Season. I sent several text messages, left voicemails and even sent an email with photos and details. Perhaps it was the RFD effect but responses from Craig were late and poor. We set a specific time for him to call me, time came and passed, got a text later saying he was in meeting and would call later. Never heard from him.

Good news is that this motivated me to try other vendors. I eventually got a Carrier A/C unit with great price and service from High Efficiency Cooling & Heating in Markham ON. My AC has been running for almost 2 months and I could not be more pleased.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1286 posts
199 upvotes
Anyone know what type of AC to get to cool a 3000 sqft detached out?

We typically like to keep our house real cool - between 20-22 deg C. And wouldn't mind a little bit more to get a more powerful unit.

In our current house, we have a lennox which our builder (Dunpar) provided and it has broken down half a dozen times over the past 5 years; and this with us replacing the filter every month and doing maintenance once every summer. Is American Standard a better manufacturer than Lennox
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
cdencore wrote:
Sep 10th, 2016 8:59 pm
I may be the only dissenter here but I was totally unimpressed with my interaction with Craig Newhouse of Four Season. I sent several text messages, left voicemails and even sent an email with photos and details. Perhaps it was the RFD effect but responses from Craig were late and poor. We set a specific time for him to call me, time came and passed, got a text later saying he was in meeting and would call later. Never heard from him.

Good news is that this motivated me to try other vendors. I eventually got a Carrier A/C unit with great price and service from High Efficiency Cooling & Heating in Markham ON. My AC has been running for almost 2 months and I could not be more pleased.
I am so sorry cdencore. This was totally unintentional, my mistake for not responding quickly. We pride ourselves on responding immediately to our existing and potential clients. If you could kindly pm me your details I would like to investigate how I dropped the ball here. Furthermore I would be pleased to offer you a complementey furnace maintenance for this lack of service.
Again my sincerest apologies.
Craig Newhouse
Last edited by fourseasoncomfort on Sep 11th, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
bsobaid wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 10:36 am
Anikiri wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2014 9:07 pm
This thread is dedicated to those who purchased a Central AC unit through the RFD 2014, 2015, & 2016 Group Buys from Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling.

If you have any concerns, questions, reviews, comments, or any other form of input, please feel free to post them here. Craig will frequent this thread often, in order to answer all your questions.

If you happen to have any general questions regarding Central AC units, also feel free to voice them here. I am sure Craig will be happy to help you.

Thanks to everyone who joined a very successful 2014/2015 Group Buy, as well as those who joined/will join in the 2016 Group Buy.

2016 Group Buy: group-buy-2016-central-ac-american-standard-1952899/

2015 Group Buy: group-buy-central-air-conditioner-2015- ... a-1708095/

2014 Group Buy: gta-central-ac-group-buy-2014-current-t ... t-1488368/
Any plans to do Carrier AC group-buy?
You never know what the future will bring!
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
Apr 19, 2007
135 posts
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 11:37 am
cdencore wrote:

I am so sorry cdencore. This was totally unintentional, my mistake for not responding quickly. We pride ourselves on responding immediately to our existing and potential clients. If you could kindly pm me your details I would like to investigate how I dropped the ball here. Furthermore I would be pleased to offer you a complementey furnace maintenance for this lack of service.
Craig Newhouse
My email with photos and house details was sent to you on Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:48 PM. Thanks for your offer of furnace maintenance but I think I will pass on it.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
cdencore wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 11:34 pm
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
cdencore wrote:

Craig Newhouse
My email with photos and house details was sent to you on Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:48 PM. Thanks for your offer of furnace maintenance but I think I will pass on it.
Thank you
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
utopianbl wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 9:51 am

We typically like to keep our house real cool - between 20-22 deg C. And wouldn't mind a little bit more to get a more powerful unit.

In our current house, we have a lennox which our builder (Dunpar) provided and it has broken down half a dozen times over the past 5 years; and this with us replacing the filter every month and doing maintenance once every summer. Is American Standard a better manufacturer than Lennox
Thanks for your inquiry if you kindly send me your details and I would be pleased to discuss.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
WRIGHT828 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 11:29 am
I want to extend an enormous Thanks to Craig at Four Seasons Comfort for all of his hard work. From initial contact all the way to install day Craig has been upfront & honest, friendly & patient. He has answered each question with speed & professionalism no matter how redundant they may be. Craig continued to maintain frequent contact when we were forced to put a hold on installation as a result of a new build delay and was incredibly accommodating to our situation. The two techs Craig sent out this week to install our unit were clean, professional & punctual. They arrived Tuesday morning in good time, introduced themselves & went straight to work laying clean fabric from the front door right to the basement stairs. They were very efficient & left no mess behind at all. They answered questions and provided an easy to understand run down of how the unit is connected and operates as well as maintenance advice & tips. I absolutely could not be happier with this purchase. Craig has never been pushy or pitchy during the sale and we never once felt pressure to purchase or to purchase more than we needed for our home. The value & service are both tremendous and I would highly recommend Four Season Comfort to anyone in the market for heating & cooling services. I will undoubtedly use Craig's services again in the future when the need arises.

Four Season Comfort is 100% a 5-star service!
Congrats on your new home. Thank you again for your business and please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Apr 22, 2013
78 posts
198 upvotes
Woodbridge
Craig was great with getting back to me and his installers were professional and friendly. I had my AC installed in early July and we haven't had any issues.

It's really great that this thread exists, it's hard to find reviews that are geniune on other sites. When our furnace needs replacing, I'll definitely get in touch with Craig.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1286 posts
199 upvotes
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 5:59 am
utopianbl wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry if you kindly send me your details and I would be pleased to discuss.
sure, this is a new build house in Oakville. We usually like to keep house a cool 20-22 deg C.

1. Square footage(excluding basement) - 3000
2. Ceiling height - main level and upstairs, 10'/9'
3. Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West) - rear is facing north west.
4. Size and number of large windows in the home - rough count is 25-28 windows, with the largest ones at 60X 56 (4 of them), and others are around 28 X 56
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
utopianbl wrote:
Sep 13th, 2016 10:28 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 5:59 am
utopianbl wrote:

sure, this is a new build house in Oakville. We usually like to keep house a cool 20-22 deg C.

1. Square footage(excluding basement) - 3000
2. Ceiling height - main level and upstairs, 10'/9'
3. Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West) - rear is facing north west.
4. Size and number of large windows in the home - rough count is 25-28 windows, with the largest ones at 60X 56 (4 of them), and others are around 28 X 56
Thanks for providing the details of your home. Based on the information provided we would recommend a 3 ton AC for your home but would also need to verify the size of your furnace to ensure it has enough cfm's for a 3 ton AC.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1538 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
cdencore wrote:

Craig Newhouse
So did the investigation complete? What happened?
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
BDSL wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 10:12 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
cdencore wrote:

Craig Newhouse
So did the investigation complete? What happened?
It was totally my fault here, I totally missed the message. I have no excuse just a mistake on my part. Again, my sincerest apologies to cdencore.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)