Home & Garden

2014-2024 Central AC/Furnace/Heat Pump (Feedback & Questions)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 8:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
Here is the most updated Consumer Report if you want to update the old image @Anikiri

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Here is the most updated Consumer Report if you want to update the old image @Anikiri
Thanks man, I've updated the imagine on page 1.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
My parents are looking to get their HVAC system replaced. Sent an email to Craig to see if he can give me a quote.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10184 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
Is there going to be a 2017 group buy? I just purchased a home in Scarborough and looking to replace A/C / Heater as needed.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: Is there going to be a 2017 group buy? I just purchased a home in Scarborough and looking to replace A/C / Heater as needed.
There's going to be a 2017 Group Buy in a couple of weeks. Until then you can still join the 2016 Group Buy if you give Craig a call. This will lock you into last year's prices and last year's discounts.

I think that might save you a few bucks. Congratulations on your new home!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
Variability wrote: Is there going to be a 2017 group buy? I just purchased a home in Scarborough and looking to replace A/C / Heater as needed.
Yes, thanks for your enquiry. The 2017 RFD AC Group Buy Pricing will be posted very soon. We are trying to keep pricing close to the 2016 pricing and negotiating pricing currently.
Thanks,
Craig
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1152 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
fourseasoncomfort wrote: Yes, thanks for your enquiry. The 2017 RFD AC Group Buy Pricing will be posted very soon. We are trying to keep pricing close to the 2016 pricing and negotiating pricing currently.
Thanks,
Craig
I am also interested. is this only for GTA? How does the price compare to doing it at costco?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1310 posts
761 upvotes
Oshawa
If you did a few minutes of research about Four Seasons you could answer your first question.
Regarding your second, your asking the person to compare prices for you that aren't yet established against a competitor of his.
ranjeet2000 wrote: I am also interested. is this only for GTA? How does the price compare to doing it at costco?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1152 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
jonnyb wrote: If you did a few minutes of research about Four Seasons you could answer your first question.
Regarding your second, your asking the person to compare prices for you that aren't yet established against a competitor of his.
I meant historically and in general, how does it compare.
Nov 10, 2012
62 posts
22 upvotes
None
During the freezing "windchill warning" 2017 March Break weekend my 2003 furnace gave up the ghost. Enercare Red Tag.

Pre-Installation:
A vacationing Craig from Four Seasons responded to my voicemail right away! He sent his quote and arranged for installation for the very next business day.

Furnace Installation:
Mike & Al were punctual, quick & efficient - leaving behind a clean furnace room & a warm house. They took the time to answer my gazillion questions during installation and demo'd the new thermostat.

Follow Up:
Mike was in touch with this now warm customer after the successful furnace installation.

Other:
On a side note, Craig offered to replace the regulator, scaler & water pad to get my humidifier up & running at no charge.

As it turned out, It was easier for me to pick up a new Aprilaire 600 humidifier from Noble instead - he didn't mind making time to replace it at short notice - I paid for labour to install.

*Craig/Four Seasons & his crew will shortly supply/install a 45 btu 50 gal hot water tank - I'm that satisfied with their efficiency, work & customer service.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
Joe came by two weeks ago and installed an Aprilaire 600M.

Very professional, took off his boots and asked if he could wear them in the basement. He took them off again when coming upstairs which he didn't need to. Felt bad as he was coming from the west end (I live in Ajax).

Did a great, clean installation. Originally I was only supposed to get the humidifier with the A/C install late this month but asked Craig if we could install the humidifier sooner rather than later because the air in our house was so dry. He said no problem at all and did it together.

Attached are pics of the clean installation.
Images
  • 20170322_194225.jpg
  • 20170322_194213.jpg
  • 20170322_194206.jpg
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
The 2017 Group Buy is up, if anyone was wondering. Cheers.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
ranjeet2000 wrote: I meant historically and in general, how does it compare.
Prices are cheaper than other well established contractors including Costco and such. However, prices aren't "cheap." I believe people get what they pay for, and it is certainly cheap if you filter in the warranty and the brand.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
Flashlighter wrote: During the freezing "windchill warning" 2017 March Break weekend my 2003 furnace gave up the ghost. Enercare Red Tag.

Pre-Installation:
A vacationing Craig from Four Seasons responded to my voicemail right away! He sent his quote and arranged for installation for the very next business day.

Furnace Installation:
Mike & Al were punctual, quick & efficient - leaving behind a clean furnace room & a warm house. They took the time to answer my gazillion questions during installation and demo'd the new thermostat.

Follow Up:
Mike was in touch with this now warm customer after the successful furnace installation.

Other:
On a side note, Craig offered to replace the regulator, scaler & water pad to get my humidifier up & running at no charge.

As it turned out, It was easier for me to pick up a new Aprilaire 600 humidifier from Noble instead - he didn't mind making time to replace it at short notice - I paid for labour to install.

*Craig/Four Seasons & his crew will shortly supply/install a 45 btu 50 gal hot water tank - I'm that satisfied with their efficiency, work & customer service.

Thank you for your feedback , we are glad you are pleased with our work. Thanks again for your business and please let us know if you need anything else.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
redkulat wrote: Joe came by two weeks ago and installed an Aprilaire 600M.

Very professional, took off his boots and asked if he could wear them in the basement. He took them off again when coming upstairs which he didn't need to. Felt bad as he was coming from the west end (I live in Ajax).

Did a great, clean installation. Originally I was only supposed to get the humidifier with the A/C install late this month but asked Craig if we could install the humidifier sooner rather than later because the air in our house was so dry. He said no problem at all and did it together.

Attached are pics of the clean installation.
Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback. We take pride in doing neat clean work and perform our installations like we would do in our own home.
Thanks
Craig
Oct 13, 2015
102 posts
51 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just finished installation at my place, there were few hiccups due to wiring for furnace, but Craig and team did a good job and install the AC with ecobee3 (new wiring).

Fairly good experience. Referred him to my friends as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
maxme09 wrote: Just finished installation at my place, there were few hiccups due to wiring for furnace, but Craig and team did a good job and install the AC with ecobee3 (new wiring).

Fairly good experience. Referred him to my friends as well.
Thanks for your feedback maxme09, I do apologize for having to make a return trip to sort out the issue with your Ecobee Stat. It was my fault here, I thought we could run a faststat with the Ecobee 3 and use the supplied harness. I was wrong, so as you know we had to make a return trip to fish another wire, lesson learned. Thanks for your business and thank you for the referrals.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1144 posts
44 upvotes
Just wondering what the cost is for the copper if you need to go above the 15ft included??
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1428 posts
431 upvotes
FreeSpinnz wrote: Just wondering what the cost is for the copper if you need to go above the 15ft included??
The additional cost for the both the suction and discharge lineset with armourflex and additional 410A is $6.00 per linear ft after 15 ft. The additional cost of the high voltage wiring is $2.00per linear ft

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)