Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2017 9:08 am
Tags:
None
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
Gaesh7 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 7:53 pm
Craig was great with getting back to me and his installers were professional and friendly. I had my AC installed in early July and we haven't had any issues.

It's really great that this thread exists, it's hard to find reviews that are geniune on other sites. When our furnace needs replacing, I'll definitely get in touch with Craig.
Thanks for your kind review Gaesh7, we are glad to hear you are pleased. Please let us know if you need anything else at all.

Thanks,
Craig
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1538 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 10:26 am
BDSL wrote:
Sep 16th, 2016 10:12 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 11:37 am

I am so sorry cdencore. This was totally unintentional, my mistake for not responding quickly. We pride ourselves on responding immediately to our existing and potential clients. If you could kindly pm me your details I would like to investigate how I dropped the ball here. Furthermore I would be pleased to offer you a complementey furnace maintenance for this lack of service.
Again my sincerest apologies.
Craig Newhouse
So did the investigation complete? What happened?
It was totally my fault here, I totally missed the message. I have no excuse just a mistake on my part. Again, my sincerest apologies to cdencore.
Good job for admitting your mistake and offering free maintenance as an apology.
Not many honest people around these days....
Sep 23, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi all. This is my first post. I just got a AS Silver16 A/C from Craig at Four Seasons Comfort under this Group Buy. It was a very good deal I believe. It was installed very soon after I paid the deposit and on a Saturday to fit my schedule. The installers very clearly knew exactly what they were doing. They went beyond the minimum requirement to fulfill their obligations, For example, they placed a couple patio stones, they put on furnace tape etc. I only had the opportunity to use the A/C a couple days before the hot weather ended but in that time, it worked great. Also, I found Craig to be very professional and courteous and wondered if he comes from another "industry" where professionalism is more important. When it came to payment, he also worked on the premise of trust until unwarranted rather than distrust until trust is earned. I liked that. In general, compared to other experiences with people and companies in similar businesses, this experience was at or near the top. I own a business and I think Craig believes like I do that it's far better business to build long-term customer satisfaction and relationships than to save a few dollars in the short term.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
nevergiveup47 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 5:36 pm
Hi all. This is my first post. I just got a AS Silver16 A/C from Craig at Four Seasons Comfort under this Group Buy. It was a very good deal I believe. It was installed very soon after I paid the deposit and on a Saturday to fit my schedule. The installers very clearly knew exactly what they were doing. They went beyond the minimum requirement to fulfill their obligations, For example, they placed a couple patio stones, they put on furnace tape etc. I only had the opportunity to use the A/C a couple days before the hot weather ended but in that time, it worked great. Also, I found Craig to be very professional and courteous and wondered if he comes from another "industry" where professionalism is more important. When it came to payment, he also worked on the premise of trust until unwarranted rather than distrust until trust is earned. I liked that. In general, compared to other experiences with people and companies in similar businesses, this experience was at or near the top. I own a business and I think Craig believes like I do that it's far better business to build long-term customer satisfaction and relationships than to save a few dollars in the short term.
Thank You for your business nevergiveup47. We are happy to hear you are pleased with our work. I wish we knew which customers are posting these reviews as it is difficult to figure this out from the user names.
First of all, we are not prefect. We recently made a venting error that was against code and thanks to this forum and in particular Limoges_shopper for pointing this out. It will be corrected shortly. When we make a mistake we will admit them and make it right. We have built our business on honesty, integrity and truly providing great service and products that we can rely on.
Thanks to all our clients and RFD members for trusting us to install equipment in their homes.
Thanks,
Craig
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
Dec 2, 2009
59 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased a furnace through Craig and was very happy with the whole experience. Craig was also able to make minor modifications such as removing an old junky electronic air cleaner and setting up a normal filtering system for no extra fee.

Price was very competitive, and Craig offered the RFD discount without being prompted. He also took the initiative to get the OPA rebate started for me.

We'll see how the new furnace performs but I am looking forward to a warm house during this winter that they are forecasting to be long and cold.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1538 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
I am also very happy with Craig. Communication is fast and clear.
OPA rebate is still being processed (not Craig's problem).
He came back to replace the panels that have slight damage during shipment.
He will be back in fall to repaint part of the frame that was scratched.
Banned
Oct 8, 2016
14 posts
1 upvote
fourseasoncomfort ( For Craig )

What is the approximate cost to install a tankless water heater from you. A condensing one. I see only 2 Models on your website R94LSI & R75LSI . Are any of them condensing units ?

Currently I have a Power Vent - 50 Gallon Natural gas Rheem model which I want to replace. Its a regular standard house & basement, so I don't think any special stuff will be required or installation will be hard. but I do have the old black piping so I guess it has to be bought to code with the WHITE piping. Or should I PM you, if you are not comfortable giving a cost over here.

TIA
Mar 7, 2010
321 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
We are looking to install new furnace before winter.

It is a detached house, about 3000sq ft plus about 1000 basement. 9/8 ft ceiling main 2nd. House is facing south.
North York.

What is all in cost and time frame to have it up and running?

We need high efficiency, preferably dual stage.

Please PM.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
DaveHTO wrote:
Oct 5th, 2016 9:29 pm
I purchased a furnace through Craig and was very happy with the whole experience. Craig was also able to make minor modifications such as removing an old junky electronic air cleaner and setting up a normal filtering system for no extra fee.

Price was very competitive, and Craig offered the RFD discount without being prompted. He also took the initiative to get the OPA rebate started for me.

We'll see how the new furnace performs but I am looking forward to a warm house during this winter that they are forecasting to be long and cold.
Hello David,

Thanks again for your business and we hope you enjoy your new modulating furnace. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Mar 6, 2010
153 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Hi Craig,

Looking at installing a new furnace as well. Just left a message on your phone, or PM me which ever is more convenient.

Thanks!
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
darthwolf wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 4:25 pm
Hi Craig,

Looking at installing a new furnace as well. Just left a message on your phone, or PM me which ever is more convenient.

Thanks!
Thanks for your enquiry, please call me anytime at 416-524-7228.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1538 posts
272 upvotes
Markham
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 7:03 pm
darthwolf wrote:
Hi Craig,

Thanks!
What....I thought I was the only one that can call you anytime....
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
BDSL wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 7:06 pm
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 7:03 pm
darthwolf wrote:
Hi Craig,

Thanks!
What....I thought I was the only one that can call you anytime....
Lol. Glad to hear you received your rebate check Stan!
Jun 5, 2007
12 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
I learned about Craig and Four Season last week through RFD. I had gotten quotes from Peel Heating and Reliance for a new AC and furnace, so I had a frame of reference. Craig responded to my inquiry that day, sent me some quotes of AC/Furances to review that night, came to my house to do an assessment the next morning and had a quote to me later that day. We booked the appointment for today and he let me know his guys would be showing up between 8-9am.

They arrived at 8.30am and were done by 3pm. They were clean and respectful and did a good job. They informed me of decisions along the way, and got my approval on certain things (creating a hole in the ceiling to fish the copper piping that needed to be installed). They walked me through their work at the end, after they had tested on their own.

Craig called shortly afterwards to ensure I was happy with the work and asked me if I had any questions.

My furnace is : American Standard Gold 95v 80,000btu high efficient furnace with a 2 stage gas valve with a variable speed DC motor and a 2 stage American Standard thermostat with 10 years parts and 5 years labour warranty
My AC is: American Standard/Trane Silver 16 Series 2.5 ton AC with 10 years parts & 5 years labour warranty

In terms of payment, I'm paying Craig by eTransfer.

I'm writing this level of detail, because it's rare that a purchase and install process is so painless. This was truly easy and i'm comfortable with the price. I would strongly recommend Craig.
Jun 1, 2010
297 posts
38 upvotes
Orangeville
BDSL wrote:
Oct 6th, 2016 9:35 am
I am also very happy with Craig. Communication is fast and clear.
OPA rebate is still being processed (not Craig's problem).
He came back to replace the panels that have slight damage during shipment.
He will be back in fall to repaint part of the frame that was scratched.
Thank you for your business. It's a pleasure to deal with great clients like you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)