Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2017 11:09 am
Tags:
None
Jun 1, 2010
269 posts
32 upvotes
jjtsl wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 1:19 am
My furnace as in need of replacement because it was not working and I had quotes from a few companies. While Craig didn't offer the cheapest price, he won me over by trying his hardest to provide me with his best price and definitely by his thoughtfulness. Knowing that my case was an emergency, he was able to accommodate me by offering next day installation. He also was constantly in contact with me during and after the installation to make sure everything is going fine.

If you are looking for someone who cares and provides an unparalleled level of service, look no further than Craig!
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your business and are glad we were able to adjust our schedule during the cold weather to install your new furnace.
Please let us know if you need anything else.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
Mar 30, 2013
82 posts
8 upvotes
This review is overdue.

I had scouted out a few quotes for replacement of my old hydronic heating system and hot water tank. I had just moved into a townhouse and wanted a “regular” furnace.

After reading the reviews here and after speaking with Craig, I was sold. Craig spoke with me and assessed my needs, and then explained his recommendations. None of the other companies were so thorough. Craig’s prices were lower than the others as well, so this was an easy decision.

In late August, Craig’s crew installed my new system. Al and Mike were friendly, courteous, and efficient. They introduced themselves when they arrived, laid out rubber mats to protect my floors, and answered all my questions. They took away all signs of the old system, leaving my home clean and in order. (I didn’t even have to sweep up after them!)

My new furnace and hot water tank are running well. I have only one small annoyance, and that is that after I run the hot water, the connecting pipes “buzz” against each other. Craig and I talked about it, and he suggested that I put some foam between the pipes, but I could never get it to stop. But otherwise my system is running well, and I wouldn’t think twice before recommending Craig and Four Season Comfort to my friends and family.

UPDATE: Scott from Four Season Comfort came to my home and patiently helped me try to re-create the sound I was hearing each morning. We weren't fully successful, but Scott found a vent pipe that was the likely culprit and he secured it. Huzzah! I haven't heard the buzzing sound since. Thank you, Craig (and Scott)!
Last edited by edstone on Feb 13th, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2010
269 posts
32 upvotes
edstone wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 9:21 pm
This review is overdue.

I had scouted out a few quotes for replacement of my old hydronic heating system and hot water tank. I had just moved into a townhouse and wanted a “regular” furnace.

After reading the reviews here and after speaking with Craig, I was sold. Craig spoke with me and assessed my needs, and then explained his recommendations. None of the other companies were so thorough. Craig’s prices were lower than the others as well, so this was an easy decision.

In late August, Craig’s crew installed my new system. Al and Mike were friendly, courteous, and efficient. They introduced themselves when they arrived, laid out rubber mats to protect my floors, and answered all my questions. They took away all signs of the old system, leaving my home clean and in order. (I didn’t even have to sweep up after them!)

My new furnace and hot water tank are running well. I have only one small annoyance, and that is that after I run the hot water, the connecting pipes “buzz” against each other. Craig and I talked about it, and he suggested that I put some foam between the pipes, but I could never get it to stop. But otherwise my system is running well, and I wouldn’t think twice before recommending Craig and Four Season Comfort to my friends and family.
Thank you very much for your business Stephanie. We are glad you are pleased with your furnace and hot water tank installation, I will send you a message about the buzzing sound, lets get this taken care of.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Also moved into a new build. I sent you an email Craig, interested in a Central A/C unit + whole house humidifier.
Jun 1, 2010
269 posts
32 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 2:14 am
Also moved into a new build. I sent you an email Craig, interested in a Central A/C unit + whole house humidifier.
Please send me a PM so I can be sure I don't miss your email.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1753 posts
244 upvotes
Craig ' s crew did a great job today installing my new AC, humidifier and removing a damned Reliance tank and installing my tankless. Everything looks great and the guys took great care in cleaning up such a big job in less than ideal weather and muddy conditions.

Thanks again Craig. Highly recommended.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
jrees wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:21 am
Craig ' s crew did a great job today installing my new AC, humidifier and removing a damned Reliance tank and installing my tankless. Everything looks great and the guys took great care in cleaning up such a big job in less than ideal weather and muddy conditions.

If you don't mind me asking, what A/C unit and humidifier did you get?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
1753 posts
244 upvotes
redkulat wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 11:34 am
If you don't mind me asking, what A/C unit and humidifier did you get?
American Standard silver 16 2-ton and a April air 600m.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
jrees wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 8:40 pm
American Standard silver 16 2-ton and a April air 600m.
Nice that is what I am thinking of getting as well.
Jun 1, 2010
269 posts
32 upvotes
jrees wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:21 am

Thank you for your business Jason. We are glad you are pleased, congrats on your new home in Cambridge and please let us know if you need anything else.
Thanks
Craig
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1649 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Here is the most updated Consumer Report if you want to update the old image @Anikiri

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5764 posts
1851 upvotes
Markham
redkulat wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:49 am
Here is the most updated Consumer Report if you want to update the old image @Anikiri
Thanks man, I've updated the imagine on page 1.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6655 posts
844 upvotes
My parents are looking to get their HVAC system replaced. Sent an email to Craig to see if he can give me a quote.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
5681 posts
1133 upvotes
Oakville/Toronto
Is there going to be a 2017 group buy? I just purchased a home in Scarborough and looking to replace A/C / Heater as needed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5764 posts
1851 upvotes
Markham
Variability wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:10 pm
Is there going to be a 2017 group buy? I just purchased a home in Scarborough and looking to replace A/C / Heater as needed.
There's going to be a 2017 Group Buy in a couple of weeks. Until then you can still join the 2016 Group Buy if you give Craig a call. This will lock you into last year's prices and last year's discounts.

I think that might save you a few bucks. Congratulations on your new home!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel