Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016/2017 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 11:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1149 posts
269 upvotes
Oakville
I recently had Craig/Four Seasons Comfort install a new furnace for my elderly mom. From initial inquiry to final installation all communications and dealings with FSC have been responsive and professional. The techs who did the pre-inspection and installation did a great job, provided a nice clean installation and tidied up well after themselves.

Sure you can find cheaper prices on kijiji from fly-by-night guys but her install included a quality furnace with a parts & labour warranty which I have full confidence FSC will honour. That goes a long way in providing peace of mind should something unexpectedly fail in the middle of winter.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend FSC to friends and family in future.
Dec 7, 2013
206 posts
130 upvotes
RETD wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:38 am
I recently had Craig/Four Seasons Comfort install a new furnace for my elderly mom. From initial inquiry to final installation all communications and dealings with FSC have been responsive and professional. The techs who did the pre-inspection and installation did a great job, provided a nice clean installation and tidied up well after themselves.

Sure you can find cheaper prices on kijiji from fly-by-night guys but her install included a quality furnace with a parts & labour warranty which I have full confidence FSC will honour. That goes a long way in providing peace of mind should something unexpectedly fail in the middle of winter.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend FSC to friends and family in future.
This is why we went with Craig. You can save a couple bucks here and there but then you get some inferior product and the honoring of the warranty is iffy. Why go through all those headaches, when you can get it done right with great products and through Craig!
Aug 11, 2017
120 posts
34 upvotes
shumami wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:07 am
Why go through all those headaches, when you can get it done right with great products and through Craig!
Um is this rfd? how about to save a few hundred bucks? why not shop around? There are tons of other installers that the big box stores like Home Depot or Costco uses that also do residential install for cheaper than this. I find The quotes from four seasons to be higher than the average for the same quality install.

Super nice guy Craig is though. Awesome personality and very honest and easy to talk to.
Jun 1, 2010
310 posts
43 upvotes
Landon99 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:49 pm
Um is this rfd? how about to save a few hundred bucks? why not shop around? There are tons of other installers that the big box stores like Home Depot or Costco uses that also do residential install for cheaper than this. I find The quotes from four seasons to be higher than the average for the same quality install.

Super nice guy Craig is though. Awesome personality and very honest and easy to talk to.
Thanks for the kind words Landon99. Please keep in mind the big box stores sub contract all there work to the lowest bidder so be sure to get all of the details in writing. Installations are not all equal as there are lots of short cuts to be taken.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2017 RFD Group Buy: RFD 2017 Group Buy
HomeStars Reviews: Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
6560 posts
2955 upvotes
Markham
Landon99 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:49 pm

It is your prerogative to purchase the most inexpensive units if you wish. But that’s not why all these people join the group buy.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1646 posts
334 upvotes
Markham
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:58 pm
Thanks for the kind words Landon99. Please keep in mind the big box stores sub contract all there work to the lowest bidder so be sure to get all of the details in writing. Installations are not all equal as there are lots of short cuts to be taken.
It is true. During my renovation, I have got many quotes including big box stores. They wouldn't disclose who is actually doing the job. Roll the dice.
Sep 4, 2017
1 posts
Got my furnace and AC installed 2 weeks back. Craig was quick to answer any questions i had and was always reachable. His team took their time during the pre-inspection and walked me through how the installation would be done. They came on time on the day of installation and everything was completed professionally by his team. Will definitely recommend to others.
Jun 1, 2010
310 posts
43 upvotes
thecsguy wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 8:23 pm
Got my furnace and AC installed 2 weeks back. Craig was quick to answer any questions i had and was always reachable. His team took their time during the pre-inspection and walked me through how the installation would be done. They came on time on the day of installation and everything was completed professionally by his team. Will definitely recommend to others.
Thanks for your business thecsguy. We are glad you are pleased with your experience dealing with our company. Please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
Mar 23, 2006
837 posts
124 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:20 pm
It is your prerogative to purchase the most inexpensive units if you wish. But that’s not why all these people join the group buy.
I don't think the poster said the "most inexpensive" which is completely different than a few hundred bucks, which is what he quoted. I think he was trying to say its possible to find a quality install similar to Craig's but at a cost savings of a few hundred bucks.
To be quite honest, I would not bother going to another place to save a few hundred if Craig's is a good as reviewed.
Mar 23, 2006
837 posts
124 upvotes
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:58 pm
Sometimes I think getting things in writing is more or less useless. Sometimes I hear stories where the HVAC company comes back for service and they blame the breakdown (secondary blower) on something stupid like customer did not change filter when they were changing the filter regularly. So basically they are not going to take a hit in their pocketbook.

Regarding shortcuts what type of major short cuts should us consumers be aware/look out for ? The only real major short I am aware of is cheaper grade AC copper coils, but then again most consumers would not even have the experience/knowledge to inquire about it.
Mar 23, 2006
837 posts
124 upvotes
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:15 am
The Furnace/AC Group buy will be valid until the end of the year.
Thanks
Craig
A friend said its the law to have a condensate neutralizer kit installed with your furnace. Is this true ?
Jun 1, 2010
310 posts
43 upvotes
fastmiele wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:30 pm
A friend said its the law to have a condensate neutralizer kit installed with your furnace. Is this true ?
I certainly hope it not the law!
Dec 25, 2006
91 posts
5 upvotes
Got a new furnace installed by Craig and his team at my dad's home on Oct 23. The installation started at 8 am and finished at 12 pm by two of Craig's team members. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.

Prior to the installation date, Craig swung by the home about 2 weeks earlier to have a look at my dad's old furnace and to give an estimate. Craig was always easy to reach and very quick to answer any inquiries. A big thank you to Craig and his team, my dad could not be happier with the installation. I will definitely recommend Craig's services to others!
Jun 1, 2010
310 posts
43 upvotes
SuperRed95 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 10:09 pm
Got a new furnace installed by Craig and his team at my dad's home on Oct 23. The installation started at 8 am and finished at 12 pm by two of Craig's team members. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.

Prior to the installation date, Craig swung by the home about 2 weeks earlier to have a look at my dad's old furnace and to give an estimate. Craig was always easy to reach and very quick to answer any inquiries. A big thank you to Craig and his team, my dad could not be happier with the installation. I will definitely recommend Craig's services to others!

Thanks for your business SuperRed95, I am glad you are pleased with your new Trane furnace and the installation. Please let us know if you need anything else at all!
Jun 1, 2010
310 posts
43 upvotes
RETD wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 11:38 am

Its been a pleasure working for you Winston. We are glad you are pleased with your experience dealing with us. Please let us know if you need anything else at all.

Thanks,
Craig

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)