Home & Garden

2014/2015/2016 Central AC/Furnace (Feedback Thread)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2017 1:44 pm
Tags:
None
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
djp55 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2016 5:07 pm
I learned about Craig and Four Season last week through RFD. I had gotten quotes from Peel Heating and Reliance for a new AC and furnace, so I had a frame of reference. Craig responded to my inquiry that day, sent me some quotes of AC/Furances to review that night, came to my house to do an assessment the next morning and had a quote to me later that day. We booked the appointment for today and he let me know his guys would be showing up between 8-9am.

They arrived at 8.30am and were done by 3pm. They were clean and respectful and did a good job. They informed me of decisions along the way, and got my approval on certain things (creating a hole in the ceiling to fish the copper piping that needed to be installed). They walked me through their work at the end, after they had tested on their own.

Craig called shortly afterwards to ensure I was happy with the work and asked me if I had any questions.

My furnace is : American Standard Gold 95v 80,000btu high efficient furnace with a 2 stage gas valve with a variable speed DC motor and a 2 stage American Standard thermostat with 10 years parts and 5 years labour warranty
My AC is: American Standard/Trane Silver 16 Series 2.5 ton AC with 10 years parts & 5 years labour warranty

In terms of payment, I'm paying Craig by eTransfer.

I'm writing this level of detail, because it's rare that a purchase and install process is so painless. This was truly easy and i'm comfortable with the price. I would strongly recommend Craig.
It's a pleasure to deal with great clients like you David. We are glad you are pleased with the installation of your new furnace and AC. If you need anything else at all please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your business.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1434 posts
225 upvotes
Markham
Just curious, do you also deal with ducts (i.e. moving / installing new air ducts)?
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 1:36 pm
Just curious, do you also deal with ducts (i.e. moving / installing new air ducts)?
Yes, we do custom ducting as well as new home complete ducting. We can also design and install custom ductwork.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1434 posts
225 upvotes
Markham
Craig, thanks for everything. Sorry it took me this long to post my full review.
I just want to have everything at one place.
You are great an asset to the RFD community.
All you bargain hunters out there, you don't have to waste your time searching for an AC/Furnace company. Craig is the guy....

Here is my review. I also posted this review on HomeStars

I found Four Season Comfort on Red Flag Deals forum where many people have praised for his great product/service/price throughout 2014/2015/2016.
I contacted Craig at the end of May 2016 for initial consultation.

Initial visit...
Despite it was a busy hot summer, Craig managed to squeeze me in for an appointment. He showed up on time.
Unlike some companies who tried to sell me the most expensive package, Craig was very honest and explained all options clearly.
A quote was sent within 24 hours after the visit with a full breakdown so I was very clear what was included.

Installation...
Craig understood my situation. I just moved into a new home with no AC.
It will be a hot summer and my baby will be arriving in a month or so.
He was able to squeeze me into his tight schedule.
Installation was 2 weeks after I gave Craig a deposit.
His 2-man crew showed up on time and were very courteous.
My house was freshly renovated with marble and hardwood flooring. His crew laid down floor sheets to protect the flooring.
They cleaned up nicely after the job.

Communication...
Craig was able to answer and address my questions very quickly.
After installation, he called to make sure everything is okay.
There were a few things that were slightly damaged (very minor) during shipment.
Craig ordered the new panel covers and installed them in September.
There was some delay with the energy rebate (not Craig’s fault) but he went beyond his line of duty to ensure I get my $400 rebate.
He also repainted part of my AC frame which might have got scratched during shipment or installation.

Future job...
I will use them again without hesitation and recommend Craig to my friends and family.

Summary:
- Craig is very honest throughout the entire process from the initial visit to the very end
- from dealing/consulting with many (+100) contractors throughout my major renovation, I must say Craig is in the top 3.
- Craig and his men are dependable
- excellent communication with Craig
- his men did a very good job on a professional and personal level
- 10/10 doesn't even describe how good they are
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5613 posts
1717 upvotes
Markham
BDSL wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 12:20 pm
Craig, thanks for everything. Sorry it took me this long to post my full review.
I just want to have everything at one place.
You are great an asset to the RFD community.
All you bargain hunters out there, you don't have to waste your time searching for an AC/Furnace company. Craig is the guy....

Here is my review. I also posted this review on HomeStars

I found Four Season Comfort on Red Flag Deals forum where many people have praised for his great product/service/price throughout 2014/2015/2016.
I contacted Craig at the end of May 2016 for initial consultation.

Initial visit...
Despite it was a busy hot summer, Craig managed to squeeze me in for an appointment. He showed up on time.
Unlike some companies who tried to sell me the most expensive package, Craig was very honest and explained all options clearly.
A quote was sent within 24 hours after the visit with a full breakdown so I was very clear what was included.

Installation...
Craig understood my situation. I just moved into a new home with no AC.
It will be a hot summer and my baby will be arriving in a month or so.
He was able to squeeze me into his tight schedule.
Installation was 2 weeks after I gave Craig a deposit.
His 2-man crew showed up on time and were very courteous.
My house was freshly renovated with marble and hardwood flooring. His crew laid down floor sheets to protect the flooring.
They cleaned up nicely after the job.

Communication...
Craig was able to answer and address my questions very quickly.
After installation, he called to make sure everything is okay.
There were a few things that were slightly damaged (very minor) during shipment.
Craig ordered the new panel covers and installed them in September.
There was some delay with the energy rebate (not Craig’s fault) but he went beyond his line of duty to ensure I get my $400 rebate.
He also repainted part of my AC frame which might have got scratched during shipment or installation.

Future job...
I will use them again without hesitation and recommend Craig to my friends and family.

Summary:
- Craig is very honest throughout the entire process from the initial visit to the very end
- from dealing/consulting with many (+100) contractors throughout my major renovation, I must say Craig is in the top 3.
- Craig and his men are dependable
- excellent communication with Craig
- his men did a very good job on a professional and personal level
- 10/10 doesn't even describe how good they are
Basically this +1.

I have dealt with so many contractors it is really refreshing to find one who actually delivers everything he/she promises... and on time. Seriously, it is exceptionally hard to find dependable contractors.

Also, remember Craig also installs Furnaces and Water heaters. Talk to him about the group discounts if you do purchase anything besides an AC. He is very reasonable.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1434 posts
225 upvotes
Markham
I am also debating on Water Heater rather than renting it from Enercare.
Once I have decided, I will contact Craig for sure.
Member
User avatar
Dec 28, 2004
234 posts
3 upvotes
I have been following Craig (Four Season Comfort) group discount thread for more than a year but never had any pressing need to jump the gun. Though it was working very poorly, my AC finally died over the summer, However, I still didn't pull the trigger because other expenditures took precedent.

I finally decided to do an overhaul on my entire HVAC system (furance, AC and water heater) since the furnace was old (has been acting up recently) and I wanted to rid of the rental water heater. Just when Craig and I agreed on the work and set the installation date in 2 weeks. My furnace died the next day and Craig already so polite and helpful went further and push the installation date in 2 days. The family only really dealt with one of the cold nights last week.

The quote was fair and the installation was excellent. The guys did an amazing job and kept the area clean even though my basement was in the process of renovation.

Though I had to spend a bit more for the American Standard product, I feel comfortable on the purchase after seeing the quality of the product. I chose the AS Gold 95v 80000BTU with 2 stage gas valve and 2 stage DC motor, AS Silver 16 2.5ton AC and Rheem 50G power vent water heater.

Craig is polite and professional to deal with. I would not hesitate a second to recommend him for any HVAC work in the future. Even though there will always be competitor with a slight better quote but peace of mind is often neglected in quotes.

Thanks Craig. The family will be comfortable for hopefully 10+ years.

Regards.
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Oct 27th, 2016 12:20 pm
Craig, thanks for everything. Sorry it took me this long to post my full review.
I just want to have everything at one place.
You are great an asset to the RFD community.
All you bargain hunters out there, you don't have to waste your time searching for an AC/Furnace company. Craig is the guy....

Here is my review. I also posted this review on HomeStars

I found Four Season Comfort on Red Flag Deals forum where many people have praised for his great product/service/price throughout 2014/2015/2016.
I contacted Craig at the end of May 2016 for initial consultation.

Initial visit...
Despite it was a busy hot summer, Craig managed to squeeze me in for an appointment. He showed up on time.
Unlike some companies who tried to sell me the most expensive package, Craig was very honest and explained all options clearly.
A quote was sent within 24 hours after the visit with a full breakdown so I was very clear what was included.

Installation...
Craig understood my situation. I just moved into a new home with no AC.
It will be a hot summer and my baby will be arriving in a month or so.
He was able to squeeze me into his tight schedule.
Installation was 2 weeks after I gave Craig a deposit.
His 2-man crew showed up on time and were very courteous.
My house was freshly renovated with marble and hardwood flooring. His crew laid down floor sheets to protect the flooring.
They cleaned up nicely after the job.

Communication...
Craig was able to answer and address my questions very quickly.
After installation, he called to make sure everything is okay.
There were a few things that were slightly damaged (very minor) during shipment.
Craig ordered the new panel covers and installed them in September.
There was some delay with the energy rebate (not Craig’s fault) but he went beyond his line of duty to ensure I get my $400 rebate.
He also repainted part of my AC frame which might have got scratched during shipment or installation.

Future job...
I will use them again without hesitation and recommend Craig to my friends and family.

Summary:
- Craig is very honest throughout the entire process from the initial visit to the very end
- from dealing/consulting with many (+100) contractors throughout my major renovation, I must say Craig is in the top 3.
- Craig and his men are dependable
- excellent communication with Craig
- his men did a very good job on a professional and personal level
- 10/10 doesn't even describe how good they are
Thanks for the kind review Stan. We have built our business on providing unbeatable customer service to our clients. We have made mistakes, but always make it right.
I can honestly say the RFD members are the most honest, kind, respectable people we have done business with. Its been a absolute pleasure dealing with the RFD community.
Thanks,

Craig
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
Sr. Member
Nov 9, 2008
843 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:22 pm
BDSL wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 1:36 pm
Just curious, do you also deal with ducts (i.e. moving / installing new air ducts)?
Yes, we do custom ducting as well as new home complete ducting. We can also design and install custom ductwork.
Was curious about this as well, thanks! Do you also supply and install humidifiers?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1434 posts
225 upvotes
Markham
jacquesstrap wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 10:21 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:22 pm
BDSL wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 1:36 pm
Just curious, do you also deal with ducts (i.e. moving / installing new air ducts)?
Yes, we do custom ducting as well as new home complete ducting. We can also design and install custom ductwork.
Was curious about this as well, thanks! Do you also supply and install humidifiers?
He is on vacation right now. Don't know if he check the forum right now...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
5613 posts
1717 upvotes
Markham
jacquesstrap wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 10:21 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:22 pm
BDSL wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 1:36 pm
Just curious, do you also deal with ducts (i.e. moving / installing new air ducts)?
Yes, we do custom ducting as well as new home complete ducting. We can also design and install custom ductwork.
Was curious about this as well, thanks! Do you also supply and install humidifiers?
He does.
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 1:01 pm
jacquesstrap wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 10:21 am
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 8:22 pm


Yes, we do custom ducting as well as new home complete ducting. We can also design and install custom ductwork.
Was curious about this as well, thanks! Do you also supply and install humidifiers?
He does.
Correct. We supply and install the April Air line of humidification products.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
hieppo wrote:
Oct 29th, 2016 9:25 am
I have been following Craig (Four Season Comfort) group discount thread for more than a year but never had any pressing need to jump the gun. Though it was working very poorly, my AC finally died over the summer, However, I still didn't pull the trigger because other expenditures took precedent.

I finally decided to do an overhaul on my entire HVAC system (furance, AC and water heater) since the furnace was old (has been acting up recently) and I wanted to rid of the rental water heater. Just when Craig and I agreed on the work and set the installation date in 2 weeks. My furnace died the next day and Craig already so polite and helpful went further and push the installation date in 2 days. The family only really dealt with one of the cold nights last week.

The quote was fair and the installation was excellent. The guys did an amazing job and kept the area clean even though my basement was in the process of renovation.

Though I had to spend a bit more for the American Standard product, I feel comfortable on the purchase after seeing the quality of the product. I chose the AS Gold 95v 80000BTU with 2 stage gas valve and 2 stage DC motor, AS Silver 16 2.5ton AC and Rheem 50G power vent water heater.

Craig is polite and professional to deal with. I would not hesitate a second to recommend him for any HVAC work in the future. Even though there will always be competitor with a slight better quote but peace of mind is often neglected in quotes.

Thanks Craig. The family will be comfortable for hopefully 10+ years.

Regards.
Thanks for your kind review Hiep we are glad we were able to get you some heat really quickly. Thanks to some of our other clients that had non urgent installations scheduled.
Its was a absolute pleasure dealing with you and thank you very much for your business. Please let us know if you need anything else at all.
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
Sr. Member
Nov 9, 2008
843 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
fourseasoncomfort wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 7:27 am
Anikiri wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 1:01 pm
jacquesstrap wrote:
Oct 31st, 2016 10:21 am


Was curious about this as well, thanks! Do you also supply and install humidifiers?
He does.
Correct. We supply and install the April Air line of humidification products.
Thanks! PM'd for additional details.
Member
Jun 1, 2010
260 posts
32 upvotes
jacquesstrap wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 9:08 pm
Thanks! PM'd for additional details.
Message sent, please feel free to contact me at your convenience @ 416-524-7228.

Thanks,
Craig
Craig Newhouse - Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling- fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
See our 2016 RFD AC Group Buy here - http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group-bu ... d-1952899/
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel

Top