• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2017 2:14 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region

2014-2015 Toyota Highlander XLE - best price/deal

We are looking for this Highlander, up to 60K mileage preferably (hubby wont go for more), with $5k down and balance on HELOC.
Up to $35k hopefully

We looked at one vehicle from but deal didnt work out and we walked away.
Then they have another beige Highlander with 37K on it for $36,800 - they offered $36,495 Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy Even has new brakes and rotors - i wonder why a car with 37k needs that????

We are located in Newmarket but willing to travel to GTA.
Already in contact with Erin Park Toyota and nothing so far.
Last edited by edkate on Jun 5th, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Jan 2, 2011
533 posts
398 upvotes
Blackbook value is 30.7-33.5.

They probably bought the car for 31 max as they never pay more than bottom end of blackbook.... so use that as your walkaway price. Go in saying you are paying cash and this is your max take it or leave it price.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region
learsid wrote: Blackbook value is 30.7-33.5.

They probably bought the car for 31 max as they never pay more than bottom end of blackbook.... so use that as your walkaway price. Go in saying you are paying cash and this is your max take it or leave it price.

Thank you for this info! This dealership is hard to deal with. They are not budging at all.
If this beige highlander goes... Oh well.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region

Have you done something like this before? how did it go?

I dont think this will fly with Highlander - they are still selling like hot cakes:)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region

Im trying to do the evaluation online for a used vehicle but it only gives me an average value.
How would i find out the price range?
do i need to subscribe?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)