Automotive

2014 MB E 300 4matic for $49K?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2014 11:03 pm
Dec 28, 2014
6 posts
Vancouver, BC

2014 MB E 300 4matic for $49K?

hey guys, there's a mercedes E 300 4 matic 2014 for $49K, with 27K kilometres. The car is loaded, and the condition is good. would you go for it for the price? Or what price would you go for it? Thanks!!!!! :)
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3141 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
mmmmike wrote: hey guys, there's a mercedes E 300 4 matic 2014 for $49K, with 27K kilometres. The car is loaded, and the condition is good. would you go for it for the price? Or what price would you go for it? Thanks!!!!! :)
Depends on how loaded it is, a fully loaded E300 is a low-mid $70K car. If that is the case I'd say it a pretty good deal. 27k Kms is quite high though for a one year old car.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MikeMC12 wrote: Depends on how loaded it is, a fully loaded E300 is a low-mid $70K car. If that is the case I'd say it a pretty good deal. 27k Kms is quite high though for a one year old car.
Could easily be 1.5 to 2 year old vehicle. 2014 model year vehicles can be sold in the beginning of 2013. The 2014 model year was probably released around mid 2013. Best bet is to check the ownership papers.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33234 posts
21163 upvotes
Toronto
that's high mileage for about 1 yr old car. Asking price is way over the fair value by 'leaps and bounds', in my view.
Jul 12, 2014
89 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hertz rents E300s. 27K is about right for an ex-rental. Where's the car for sale? Is it MB Certified Pre Owned?
Dec 28, 2014
6 posts
Vancouver, BC
The in service date is March 2013. So it's not a year old, it's 2 urs old basically. And it's not from a MB dealership. Thanks guys for ur comments!
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Never knew they made an E300.

What engine does it have?
Jul 12, 2014
89 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mmmmike wrote: The in service date is March 2013. So it's not a year old, it's 2 urs old basically. And it's not from a MB dealership. Thanks guys for ur comments!
It's important to keep in mind that if you don't buy it from an MB dealership, MB will NOT sell you an extended warranty after the fact. You also need to verify if the balance of the factory warranty has been voided or not, as well as getting a CarProof to make sure it hasn't been wrecked.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a year/two year old Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche etc. from anywhere that isn't the dealership. If you pay a little bit more to get a Certified Pre Owned one, you also get their awesome warranty and extensive background checks to ensure you're getting a solid vehicle.

For what it's worth, we've now purchased two CPO BMWs, a CPO Mercedes E350, as well as a CPO VW Phaeton. The value is unbeatable when you factor in the extended warranty (which you WILL need to use).
Dec 28, 2014
6 posts
Vancouver, BC
Thanks so much Vantage007 for ur advice!!
And to DJ, it's a 3.5 V6 engine.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
I wouldn't buy it from a non Mercedes dealer. Or if anything take it to a dealer for an inspection.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
Vantage007 wrote: It's important to keep in mind that if you don't buy it from an MB dealership, MB will NOT sell you an extended warranty after the fact. You also need to verify if the balance of the factory warranty has been voided or not, as well as getting a CarProof to make sure it hasn't been wrecked.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a year/two year old Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche etc. from anywhere that isn't the dealership. If you pay a little bit more to get a Certified Pre Owned one, you also get their awesome warranty and extensive background checks to ensure you're getting a solid vehicle.

For what it's worth, we've now purchased two CPO BMWs, a CPO Mercedes E350, as well as a CPO VW Phaeton. The value is unbeatable when you factor in the extended warranty (which you WILL need to use).
I thought if the MB was still under factory warranty, the dealership will still sell you the extended warranty after they do an inspection ($250 I think?).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)