for:
NYI's 2014 1st
NYI's 2015 2nd
Matt Moulson
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1432 upvotes
twinkie83 wrote: he's not. he turned down a big contract 'cause he wants to go to a contender
No he didn't. He wanted to test free agency and he stated in an interview that he would be open to signing with the Isles in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
LOL, is Mike Gillis golfing on trade deadline day?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5485 posts
2762 upvotes
Today's Winners:
MTL
NYR
BUF
maybe MIN (depending on what picks got sent back)

Today's Losers:
NYI
NYI
NYI
NYI
NYI
CGY
maybe VAN (if Kesler did ask for a trade)
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1878 posts
424 upvotes
Lee Stempniak going from Calgary to Pittburgh. I can't wait to see who the Flames are getting in return (better not be a draft pick.)

Edit: Third round pick to the Flames. What a bunch of garbage. Flames should have a bunch of salary cap available for new players for next season.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
calgaryhhr wrote: Lee Stempniak going from Calgary to Pittburgh. I can't wait to see who the Flames are getting in return (better not be a draft pick.)

Edit: Third round pick to the Flames. What a bunch of garbage. Flames should have a bunch of salary cap available for new players for next season.
Calgary will sign both Moulson and Vanek!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
Happy but surprised the Habs got Vanek without giving up a 1st rounder. 15 of Vaneks 21 goals this season are at even strength...he's now Montreal's leading scorer. Garth Snow shouldn't have waited till draft day, no bidding war started and he had to accept a low ball offer. Draft choices are conditional on Montreal making the playoffs, probably won't come into play but this is a crap deal all around for the Islanders.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
calgaryhhr wrote: Lee Stempniak going from Calgary to Pittburgh. I can't wait to see who the Flames are getting in return (better not be a draft pick.)

How much would you have got for this UFA?
Flames would have got a better return if he was signed after this season.

Jimboski wrote: Calgary will sign both Moulson and Vanek!
Vanek will sign with Minnesota!
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14186 upvotes
Toronto

Stempniak is pretty average...were you expecting a 1st rounder for a pending UFA?
Luckyinfil wrote: and with the 7 mill contracts kicking in for the sedin twins next year, they probably won't be able to get much for them either considering how injury prone they are.
the Sedin's in general have been durable
BenK wrote: Wow, Vanek to MTL.

BOLDDDDDDDDD
Loving this deal for the Habs...Marc Bergevin did VERY well this week.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
Team I hate, the Sens did well in the Hemsky trade. It was a real buyers market yesterday, that affected Stempniak's value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)