• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2016 9:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Looks like the base LX with 6-speed manual already comes nicely equipped. Price is quite reasonable as well.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
8355 posts
2268 upvotes
GTA
Initial reviews seem mostly positive. It has adequate power, good suspension and nice interior. Can be a bit noisy at highway speeds, but not too bad.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
I like that the HR-V has disk brakes on all wheels. Fit has drum brakes on back wheels, all models, crappy drums also on Civic DX and LX.
May 3, 2011
671 posts
90 upvotes
For the people who want a SUV the size of a hatchback, this is it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2074 posts
1599 upvotes
Vancouver
izzyzz wrote: Can be a bit noisy at highway speeds, but not too bad.
Darn. I hate it when I read things like this. Cars with cargo are meant to be used for long trips, but I don't want to only hear road noise most of the way.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Off-Road Fun: 2016 Honda HR-V 4WD on Everyman Driver

Off-Road Review: 2016 Honda HR-V 4WD on Everyman Driver

2016 Honda HR-V First Drive Review: A Small, Peppy New Age Crossover

Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: Off-Road Fun: 2016 Honda HR-V 4WD on Everyman Driver

Off-Road Review: 2016 Honda HR-V 4WD on Everyman Driver

terrible reviews.

guy doesn't know what he's talking about half the time
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1261 posts
1357 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The HR-V will do to the CR-V like what the Rav4 did to the Venza and the Lexus NX will do to the RX. It will eat into its bigger siblings' sales and push the bigger vehicles upmarket.
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
speedkar9 wrote: The HR-V will do to the CR-V like what the Rav4 did to the Venza and the Lexus NX will do to the RX. It will eat into its bigger siblings' sales and push the bigger vehicles upmarket.
The RAV4 existed before the Venza though but the Venza seems to have been discontinued for 2016, supporting your thesis.
=====
Couldn't convince my wife to go with the HRV, likely going with the RAV4 (Just found out that the NX has too small a cargo space ;) ). At least the Toyota Safety Sense packages will be offered in the 2016 version:
http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/company- ... y-packages
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6295 upvotes
Ontario
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: terrible reviews.

guy doesn't know what he's talking about half the time
Not only that, the "off road" course looks extremely easy. I bet my GTI would pass it too, without much sweat lol
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Imagine the utility of the Honda Fit, minus the dork factor. The HR-V is sleek, the interior is great, but don't expect to be impressed by its underwhelming engine.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fi ... onda-hr-v/

I agree with the folks who said this should have been what the current CRV is, especially from the side view.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6252 upvotes
Poormond Hill
alanbrenton wrote: Imagine the utility of the Honda Fit, minus the dork factor. The HR-V is sleek, the interior is great, but don't expect to be impressed by its underwhelming engine.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fi ... onda-hr-v/

I agree with the folks who said this should have been what the current CRV is, especially from the side view.
I dont understand the infatuation with the need for so much power. The car is not design for drag racing and I have never seen anyone doing burnouts at traffic lights. Now if you say you need power to overtake on the highway, then you need to evaluate your overtaking procedures.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: I dont understand the infatuation with the need for so much power. The car is not design for drag racing and I have never seen anyone doing burnouts at traffic lights. Now if you say you need power to overtake on the highway, then you need to evaluate your overtaking procedures.
What did you expect an automotive journalist to say? Slow and steady win the race? :)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6252 upvotes
Poormond Hill
alanbrenton wrote: What did you expect an automotive journalist to say? Slow and steady wins the race? :)
No, but what the HRV was engineered for, it is more than adequate. Now if it was meant to run with hemi powered cuvs, then it is an issue.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1398 posts
181 upvotes
Western Montreal
If you are looking to get one, good luck. Speaking with the Sales Manager at my local Honda dealer (who is a friend) he told me that Honda is allocating almost all of the builds for the HR-V to the US and Canadian dealers can expect to get at most about 5-6 per MONTH.

Guess we will be seeing a lot more CX3 on the road than this.
Dec 19, 2008
653 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
tiggrrrrr75 wrote: If you are looking to get one, good luck. Speaking with the Sales Manager at my local Honda dealer (who is a friend) he told me that Honda is allocating almost all of the builds for the HR-V to the US and Canadian dealers can expect to get at most about 5-6 per MONTH.

Guess we will be seeing a lot more CX3 on the road than this.

Not sure if its a different case for Quebec. In Toronto we've just had 3 HR-V's land at our dealership today available for sale and test drive.