Sports & Recreation

2015 IIHF World Junior Championship (Toronto/Montreal)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2015 2:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto

2015 IIHF World Junior Championship (Toronto/Montreal)

was thinking about heading down to catch some games

anybody know what pricings will be like? will they be sold out quick?

would like to go see Can-Swe game watch McDavid and Nylander play :cheesygri

anybody else have plans on going to seeing a game?
36 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2492 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
i would imagine all the games with canada in it would be sold out by now from official sources
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2204 posts
1395 upvotes
Etobicoke
Tickets were sold as packages, not sure if there are still any left. The only way to get single game tickets now is through stubhub or ebay/kijiji
Most of Canada's games until the medal round are in Montreal, we get in Toronto russia, sweden, slovakia etc..
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Ahhh thanks for the info guys
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
bump

we can use this to talk about the tournament too

that time of year again first game tonight

:D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Slovaks were garbage lol. Real game is on the 31st.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote: Slovaks were garbage lol. Real game is on the 31st.
were going to beat germany 15-0 today :D
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3280 posts
489 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone going to any games, I am heading to one on Monday ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Wow. What a hockey game.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
After all the media hype over McDavid i was expecting some superstar out on the ice. But i've come to realize that he's just an average player out there amongst the team. Certainly isn't in the same calibre as Reinhart, Domi, Duclair, Ritchie, Petan. I'm sure the scouts are thinking the same thing. There might be better picks out there for a 1st overall pick.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
I actually like Eichel more than McDavid for 1st overall. McDavid 2nd. Hanifin 3rd. Has that Danish kid, Ehlers been drafted by anyone and is he eligible for 2015? If so, I'd take him over McDavid as 2nd overall and the Canadian kid slides to 3rd.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
Sauerkraut wrote: average?? Look up the definition of the word. He's 17...my biggest achievement at that age was making it to school on time.

Make no mistake, he will go #1 in the draft.

Yah, it's crazy how many people see a few games of the guy in a short tournament coming off of a broken hand and conclude he just isn't that good. The guy has 51 points in 18 games in the OHL this year as a 17 year old, that's not average. It would be like looking at Crosby during the 2014 Olympics and concluding he just isn't that good. Mcdavid not excelling in this tournament is something to think about, but making a conclusion that he is just average off a these few games is a bit much.

That said, Canada is looking pretty good this tournament and have an incredible draw for the playoffs. The states plays Russia in the quarters, and the winner of that plays the winner of Sweden and Finland. All the typical heavy hitters are on the other side of the bracket.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2240 posts
506 upvotes
Summerland
Glad Canada won, but it was awesome seeing Demko playing so well. Going to be a great goalie for the Canucks in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Sauerkraut wrote: USA is out.

Canada vs. Russia final? although I would rather see Canada - Sweden.
I think Sweden can take on the Russians.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1857 posts
434 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote: Heading down to the ACC tonight for the Canada-Slovakia semi-final. I get to see first hand all the Connor McDavid hype.

lucky :(
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
I don't know if all of Canada gets the enjoyment courtesy of Telus with the Chinese Pandas using telekinesis of a hockey puck crossing a goal line. Whomever put this commercial together and approved displaying it to hockey fans across Canada must be into some serious drugs. I've never seen such a stupid commercial in my life.

In case you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8utSm3e0PU
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1857 posts
434 upvotes
Godla was absolutely amazing!

Russia is going to be tough
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Man what a game last night. GODla is a beast. Canada had me worried when it was 3-1. I'd start Comrie in net tonight. Fucale's rebounds were terrible. If it was Russia and not Slovakia, those rebounds would be at the back of the net.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)