• Dec 8th, 2015 11:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
More info of a possible diesel for northcamerica as well. Plus it seems like 4x4 will be standard.

This thing is becoming more awesome.

Already beats out half it's competition with that transmission and trail rated badge.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Why are you assuming this vehicle will have "no offroad ability"? :confused:
If this vehicle sells more than its replacement, it will be a "winner" in FiatChrysler's eyes. :razz:

"But it looks like all-wheel drive will be available and a Trail Rated Renegade Trailhawk model, too--note the dark wheels and hood decal."
Source: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1090 ... -baby-jeep
because it's unibody and based on the Fiat 500x.

A badge doesn't change those facts.....it's a JEEP after all.....this is just another Compass
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2010
1042 posts
338 upvotes
Edmonton
dc200 wrote: the proportions are odd, and the front looks a lot like the me gusta face

Nailed it
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MS MSP wrote: because it's unibody and based on the Fiat 500x.

A badge doesn't change those facts.....it's a JEEP after all.....this is just another Compass

If JEEP does not sell these vehicles, how do you expect them to keep selling (without raising costs significantly) and improving the low volume Jeep Wrangler?

What is your definition offroad ability?
Sep 15, 2012
670 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
Such an ugly design...looks exactly like the Kia Soul lol.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
The ugliness of first looking at it has grown on me, now it sorta looks kawaii ^_^

Sorta reminds me of a fiat 500 form factor. (EDIT: already said in article that it uses fiat platform)
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: If JEEP does not sell these vehicles, how do you expect them to keep selling (without raising costs significantly) and improving the low volume Jeep Wrangler?

well, your latest link for the trailhawk shows it will be OK offroad, the initial links didn't mention it.

They will likely need a more powerful engine choice once you start adding all the weight of offroad gear to this rig.

Regardless, it's still fugly IMO
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
MS MSP wrote: because it's unibody and based on the Fiat 500x.

An XJ-generation Cherokee was unibody and a similar size to this. With 8.7" of ground clearance, 8.1" of wheel articulation, and a better break-over angle (25.7) than a Wrangler, this is the the real deal, even more so than the Patriot (and certainly more so than a Compass). It's going to be quite capable off-road in factory-stock Trailhawk form; more than anything else for the money except a base Wrangler.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
tk1000 wrote: If JEEP does not sell these vehicles, how do you expect them to keep selling (without raising costs significantly) and improving the low volume Jeep Wrangler?

FWIW, a Wrangler isn't low-volume (though a lot are the 4-door model).

It was the #21-selling vehicle in Canada for 2013, just behind the Hyundai Accent and ahead of the Toyota Camry. In the US, it was #28, just behind the Tacoma, Prius, Impala, and Optima, and well ahead of #29 Sentra.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Mike15 wrote: FWIW, a Wrangler isn't low-volume (though a lot are the 4-door model).

It was the #21-selling vehicle in Canada for 2013, just behind the Hyundai Accent and ahead of the Toyota Camry. In the US, it was #28, just behind the Tacoma, Prius, Impala, and Optima, and well ahead of #29 Sentra.
Sources?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
The Wrangler sales numbers have been climbing year over year since the introduction of the JK. China is also eating it up and without Jeep facilities there, they are all built in North America and shipped over.

While I'm a Jeep purist who puked when the first pictures of the new Cherokee surfaced, I understand Jeep need to spread out to other parts of the market. The Cherokee looks good compared to a Rav4 and CRV while this Renegade will sell to the younger crowd looking for a fun and functional vehicle.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
You are only looking at the rankings.
Did you look at the volume?

2013 in Canada
18,578 Jeep Wrangler were sold
Total of 1,745,188 vehicles were sold

1% of the vehicles sold were Jeep Wranglers, low volume.

In USA, it is less than 1%.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, On
My only concern is ....... is 9-speed really necessary? !
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Is it just me or is the thread title very misleading? I was thinking it has a 9-spd manual (pretty much unheard of in a regular consumer vehicle) as the only trans choice. Open up the thread and you find out, no it's either a 1.4L TC I4 w/6-spd manual OR a 2.4L atmo I4 (guessing TigerShark?) with 9-spd auto.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
ES_Revenge wrote: Is it just me or is the thread title very misleading? I was thinking it has a 9-spd manual (pretty much unheard of in a regular consumer vehicle) as the only trans choice. Open up the thread and you find out, no it's either a 1.4L TC I4 w/6-spd manual OR a 2.4L atmo I4 (guessing TigerShark?) with 9-spd auto.
Yeah, it's the TigerShark, which is universally panned in the Dart. Hopefully it's not awful in this because the Renegade actually looks like a pretty functional little beast, especially with the Trailhawk package.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
tk1000 wrote: You are only looking at the rankings.
Did you look at the volume?

2013 in Canada
18,578 Jeep Wrangler were sold
Total of 1,745,188 vehicles were sold

1% of the vehicles sold were Jeep Wranglers, low volume.

In USA, it is less than 1%.
It's pretty good for a niche vehicle especially when you see that the Wrangler sells better than some more mainstream vehicles fighting in a crowded market. Also, more or less direct competitors like the Xterra and FJ Cruiser are much further down the list.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)