2016 Tax Season Megathread
We had a thread like this last year that seems to have help people.
Since SimpleTax and StudioTax let you start your 2016 tax return (not yet NETFILE certified) I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread.
As usual, use two different software to check you have done your return correctly.
Here are some useful links:
- Canada Revenu Agency website
- Revenu Québec website
- Summary of changes for Canada
- Summary of changes for Québec
- Link to the list of certified software (Canada)
- Link to the list of certified software (Québec)
- File your return using SimpleTax (free to file, but you can donate - online through a web browser)
- File your return using StudioTax (free to file, but you can donate - offline through a downloaded software)
For people who file their return manually:
Canada - Usually available at Canada Post locations
Québec - Usually available at Desjardins locations
I will try to update this post with common questions and/or provide more useful links.