• Oct 1st, 2017 7:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7220 posts
993 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
redkulat wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 2:59 pm
I withdrew from my RRSP via the HBP in December 2016, but my house closed in January 2017. Do I report the withdrawl in my 2016 tax return or wait until the 2017 tax return?
In the year you make the first withdrawal, so 2016 is the withdrawal year.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2478 posts
469 upvotes
Quebec
i just done my taxe, but i completely forgot to incluse a "taxe foncier" from my landlord....

i dont know if i want to waste my time to redress my declaration, i believe after a certain amount of income, this credit is now allowed, i just dont know what is the limit of the income to make me inelegible to this credit.

i am from qc, btw. i make 60k + wife 10K.
Jul 13, 2013
465 posts
189 upvotes
When is the money usually deposited into the bank account? I'm up late tonight (it's currently nearly 3am) and it's not there yet. Is it sometime during the day?
Jan 25, 2008
176 posts
14 upvotes
Got mine earlier (Wednesday) and it was assessed for the 9th, so you should be getting it soon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7220 posts
993 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Wasp14 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 2:43 am
When is the money usually deposited into the bank account? I'm up late tonight (it's currently nearly 3am) and it's not there yet. Is it sometime during the day?
Many people have reported that it comes throughout the day. And depending on the bank, possibly a day later.
May 29, 2006
578 posts
112 upvotes
Last year was the first time I have linked my tax software to my CRA account so it automatically downloads all the tax slip info into the software. It was amazingly easy and I will do that from now on.

I recommend it to those who have not used that feature yet!
Jul 28, 2012
838 posts
249 upvotes
Montreal
HyperTech wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 9:23 pm
i just done my taxe, but i completely forgot to incluse a "taxe foncier" from my landlord....

i dont know if i want to waste my time to redress my declaration, i believe after a certain amount of income, this credit is now allowed, i just dont know what is the limit of the income to make me inelegible to this credit.

For tenants, property taxes (impôts fonciers in French) would fall under the housing component of the solidarity credit.
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/fr/citoyen/c ... ement.aspx (in French; English version available)

Here's more information on the credit itself and the eligible levels of income.
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/fr/citoyen/c ... redit.aspx
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
2478 posts
469 upvotes
Quebec
thx alot for the answer, according to the calculator, my familiale income is way too high to be eligible to this credit.
Mar 8, 2017
1 posts
Yes, I too have experienced the same thing. I EFILED with studio tax, using a joint return with myself and my wife on Feb 27 . Her's went from Received to Assessed over night then Notice of Assessment today(Mar (9); however, mine has been "In Process" ever since. It is now Mar 9th, and there has not been any progress with my status.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this similar situation?

Camzie/cici, has there been any update in your status or contact from the CRA, requesting anything ?
Aug 17, 2008
447 posts
171 upvotes
Quebec
HyperTech wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 9:23 pm

You mean a Relevé31? Anyway you are over the limit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7220 posts
993 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
DouglasM101228 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 2:21 pm
Yes, I too have experienced the same thing. I EFILED with studio tax, using a joint return with myself and my wife on Feb 27 . Her's went from Received to Assessed over night then Notice of Assessment today(Mar (9); however, mine has been "In Process" ever since. It is now Mar 9th, and there has not been any progress with my status.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this similar situation?

Camzie/cici, has there been any update in your status or contact from the CRA, requesting anything ?
Probably selected for further review.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2013
4866 posts
937 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
camzie wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:31 am
Net Filed last Monday, the status has been "In Process" ever since. What's confusing is according to the list of possible status options on the CRA website, it should just say "Received" and then to go "Assessed" once they're done with it. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
Have the same issue..
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17032 posts
1883 upvotes
GTA West
I'm getting nervous about the Federal government in potential tax increases they could sneak in, and thinking about cashing in all of my charitable donation receipts on this year's tax return, rather than waiting the maximum 5 years to stack the receipts and get the best benefit.

Is there any real chance they might claw back charitable donation tax breaks, especially for people above a certain income?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1806 posts
172 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 11:52 pm
I'm getting nervous about the Federal government in potential tax increases they could sneak in, and thinking about cashing in all of my charitable donation receipts on this year's tax return, rather than waiting the maximum 5 years to stack the receipts and get the best benefit.

Is there any real chance they might claw back charitable donation tax breaks, especially for people above a certain income?
If they do change anything, you can always change your past return to claim the donations earlier.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17032 posts
1883 upvotes
GTA West
guessaaa wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 11:54 pm
If they do change anything, you can always change your past return to claim the donations earlier.
I have often wondered about this. If that's the case, why doesn't everyone do this? Don't you get additional interest from the CRA if you get money back from adjusting an old return?