Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2016 Winter Tire Rebates

Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
REDDEE74 wrote: Are these deal you are all referring to just for winter tires or will this apply to all season also. I have a 2010 Hyundai santé fe I need tires for but don't have the extra money to buy new summers and winter so I want to pick all seasons. any help for what ones I should look at. Thanks
Michelin Defender is a top rated all season tire. Haven't bought it yet though. Check tirerack.com for tire reviews and brands.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
REDDEE74 wrote: Are these deal you are all referring to just for winter tires or will this apply to all season also. I have a 2010 Hyundai santé fe I need tires for but don't have the extra money to buy new summers and winter so I want to pick all seasons. any help for what ones I should look at. Thanks
Toyo Celsius is a new all-weather tire that is also rated for winter use. Check them out if you don't use dedicated winter tires.
Mar 9, 2014
48 posts
53 upvotes
Oakville ON
I also have a rookie question: What exactly do you do with your all-season tires when you switch to winter tires? Do you put the winter tires on new rims and then have them installed while keeping the old all-season tires+old rims stored in your garage? Then you take them back to swap them at the end of the winter?

Or is it more like they put the winter tires on your original rims and you just store the all-season tires?

I haven't seen anyone really talk about these steps so I assume it's common knowledge but I don't have any experience in this.
Nov 24, 2008
909 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
So I'm torn between the Michelin Lateral XI2 or the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 for my '11 Escape. I've owned the Xi2 and Xi3s when I had my Taurus, and they were pretty decent tyres. Should I wait for the 15th to get the Blizzaks, or should I get the Xi2s at Costco? Price is not really an issue, as I'll be using the vehicle for work, and doing a lot of highway driving outside of Calgary.

Which set is better for an SUV?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1813 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
I hope someone can help me out here. First time car owner and this will be the first time I'll be changing and getting Winter Tires. I've read numerous posts and used Tirerack to look at reviews for Tires. I have a 2008 Honda Civic DX Model.

Based on my research looks like the Michelin X-ICE XI3 would fit exactly what I am looking for. I'll be mainly driving in the city, and just want good tires that'll give me good performance for this upcoming winter.

A question I wanted to ask is how will I find my Rim Size as I want to buy 4 separate rims to use for the Winter Tires while I throw my All Seasons (Tire+Rim) in the storage? Where I can buy Rims for a good price, or does Costco sell Rims also?

For anyone that has installed Michelin X-ICE XI3, how much will it cost for Four + Installation?

I appreciate any help/input for my questions.

Thanks in advance.
Oct 18, 2015
388 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mavis28 wrote: I also have a rookie question: What exactly do you do with your all-season tires when you switch to winter tires? Do you put the winter tires on new rims and then have them installed while keeping the old all-season tires+old rims stored in your garage? Then you take them back to swap them at the end of the winter?

Or is it more like they put the winter tires on your original rims and you just store the all-season tires?

I haven't seen anyone really talk about these steps so I assume it's common knowledge but I don't have any experience in this.
Get a 2nd set of rims and store the all seasons with their rims.
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
237 upvotes
Ottawa
xbrav wrote: So I'm torn between the Michelin Lateral XI2 or the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 for my '11 Escape. I've owned the Xi2 and Xi3s when I had my Taurus, and they were pretty decent tyres. Should I wait for the 15th to get the Blizzaks, or should I get the Xi2s at Costco? Price is not really an issue, as I'll be using the vehicle for work, and doing a lot of highway driving outside of Calgary.

Which set is better for an SUV?
If you are doing lots of miles think more about x ice as they are more durable I think. For the best pure snow and ice performance I recommend the blizzak.... and I haven't even tried the new ws80 but my recommendation is based on my experience with older blizzak vs xi2.
Aug 16, 2011
147 posts
28 upvotes
Brampton
Mavis28 wrote: I also have a rookie question: What exactly do you do with your all-season tires when you switch to winter tires? Do you put the winter tires on new rims and then have them installed while keeping the old all-season tires+old rims stored in your garage? Then you take them back to swap them at the end of the winter?

Depends on your budget and your winter environment. I would say Toronto and Vancouver have mild winters and as long as you are not living in cottage country, go with the All Weather tires on your existing rims. I would not suggest swapping winter tires and summer tires on the same rims as mounting and removing the tires will wear out the tire beads and may result in tire degradation. If you have the dough, go for winter tires on steel rims and store your all seasons on their original rims. Once the all seasons wear out, get summer only tires. You will then have a set for both winter and summer on their own rims.
Aug 25, 2008
639 posts
140 upvotes
Halifax, NS
So I bought a set of Michelin LTX winter tires on Sunday at Canadian Tire and the rebate period starts tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with getting Canadian Tire to allow me to return and re-buy the tires so I can have a valid receipt for the rebate? The kicker is I'd have to do this at a different store than I bought the tires at since I bought them while I was visiting family in another town about an hour away.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4016 posts
3367 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Thoughts on the following? They all seem to be highly rated and reviewed. But too many chioces!

- Michelin Premier LTX
- Michelin Premier A/S
- Michelin Pilot MXM4
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
- Michelin Defender MTX M/S
- Michelin Primacy MXM4
- Michelin Latitude Tour

The only one I ruled out so far is the Pilot Sport as some people had mixed/poor reviews on it. Primacy MXM4 seems to be replaced by the Premier A/S now, but most places still carry the former.

The tires will be used on a Toyota RAV4. Moderate use, commuting to/from work. 60/40 highway/city. Maybe one or two weekend road trip per year.

Price isn't that much of an issue. They are all give or take $20 difference. But given the length of time these tires will be used, price is not a top priority.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
ivorm wrote: So I bought a set of Michelin LTX winter tires on Sunday at Canadian Tire and the rebate period starts tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with getting Canadian Tire to allow me to return and re-buy the tires so I can have a valid receipt for the rebate? The kicker is I'd have to do this at a different store than I bought the tires at since I bought them while I was visiting family in another town about an hour away.
Go in and have them do a refund and issue a new receipt. If they won't, buy 4 more and return the originals.(if not installed)
You should be able to do it at any CT.

Fwiw.......LTX m/s are an excellent all season tires, but they are NOT winter tires such as Blizzak or X-ice tires are.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
AdamKing wrote: Thoughts on the following? They all seem to be highly rated and reviewed. But too many chioces!

- Michelin Premier LTX
- Michelin Premier A/S
- Michelin Pilot MXM4
- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
- Michelin Defender MTX M/S
- Michelin Primacy MXM4
- Michelin Latitude Tour

The only one I ruled out so far is the Pilot Sport as some people had mixed/poor reviews on it. Primacy MXM4 seems to be replaced by the Premier A/S now, but most places still carry the former.

The tires will be used on a Toyota RAV4. Moderate use, commuting to/from work. 60/40 highway/city. Maybe one or two weekend road trip per year.

Price isn't that much of an issue. They are all give or take $20 difference. But given the length of time these tires will be used, price is not a top priority.
I'm assuming you're looking at all season tires only. I personally have the Pirelli P7 Cinturato on my Elantra and the Michelin Premier on my Accord. While the Pirellis are good, the Premier are great in terms of wet driving. My tires are now getting low on tread, and the wet performance is still great in rain. For this reason, I suggest Premier A//
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
4016 posts
3367 upvotes
YUL/YVR
nayan97 wrote: end road trip per year.I'm assuming you're looking at all season tires only. I personally have the Pirelli P7 Cinturato on my Elantra and the Michelin Premier on my Accord. While the Pirellis are good, the Premier are great in terms of wet driving. My tires are now getting low on tread, and the wet performance is still great in rain. For this reason, I suggest Premier A//
How many miles did you get out of it?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Premier > Primacy > Pilot Sport.

Still debating to get the passenger version or LTX since it's such a light SUV/CUV anyways.
Oct 23, 2015
125 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
cheapmeister wrote:
Michelin Defender is a top rated all season tire. Haven't bought it yet though. Check tirerack.com for tire reviews and brands.
Thanks for the help I will look into the and the ones the person who posted under your recommended.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
REDDEE74 wrote:
cheapmeister wrote:
Thanks for the help I will look into the and the ones the person who posted under your recommended.
Hold up. If I were you, I would strongly recommend against the defenders if you're one to drive all seasons year long. The higher the tread warranty, the harder the tires, and the worse the winter handling. Thus, winter tires are made of a softer compound, and have better traction. The Michelin Premier are designed to do well in wet condition even when the tires and worn, and though they are rated less in tread warranty, this is because they're slightly softer which is better than the defenders for winter. Also, the Premier are all seasons designed to do well in wet conditions, which is perfect for winter conditions for those that want to run all seasons
Nov 13, 2014
20 posts
12 upvotes
Could anyone recommend a place to get Nokian WRG3 in Ottawa. Thank you in advance
May 4, 2015
43 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Any idea if the Oct 15 Bridgestone rebate will be applicable to Costco?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
sudesingh wrote:
crustydragon wrote: Sorry but Costco tire newbie question:
1. it seems like Costco has the best price by far (exclude US online sites). If I need a set of steel rims, how do I go about ordering them at the same time as the tires?
2. if I order new rims and tires from Costco and have them installed, when I take them off in the spring and put them back on next fall/winter, is there a charge or is it free?
3. I understand that you can now make an appointment to have tires installed. Can the rotations be done with appointments too or is it still first come first serve?

Thank you!
1. You have to order the rims online, Costco does not carry rims in-store nor can you order them in-store. The rims get shipped to your home address. If you order tires at the same time (on-line the tires get shipped to the store)
2. Yes there will be charge (although I'm a little doubtful about this one). Costco offers lifetime rotation and balancing
3. You may have to check with the specific store.
Can i claim the lifetime rotation and balancing and have them install the tires on steel rims if i am not a member for costco? I could buy everything online. But im not sure how it would work when i go to pick up the tires and have them balance and put tires on the rims?
Aug 25, 2008
639 posts
140 upvotes
Halifax, NS
love2save wrote:
ivorm wrote: So I bought a set of Michelin LTX winter tires on Sunday at Canadian Tire and the rebate period starts tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with getting Canadian Tire to allow me to return and re-buy the tires so I can have a valid receipt for the rebate? The kicker is I'd have to do this at a different store than I bought the tires at since I bought them while I was visiting family in another town about an hour away.
Go in and have them do a refund and issue a new receipt. If they won't, buy 4 more and return the originals.(if not installed)

Fwiw.......LTX m/s are an excellent all season tires, but they are NOT winter tires such as Blizzak or X-ice tires are.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I actually bought the "Michelin LTX Winter" tires, LTX Winter is the model. They're a 10 ply LT truck tire, heavier than I need but it was a pretty good deal since they seem to be on clearance at CT. They are the same tread pattern as the LTX but with winter compound. One thing to note if anyone goes looking for them, make sure you check the manufacture date first. I went to 3 CT stores before I found a fresh set (manufactured last summer). The first two sets were manufactured in 2011!

Michelin LTX Winter Tires
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1874 posts
1666 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
ivorm wrote:
love2save wrote:

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I actually bought the "Michelin LTX Winter" tires, LTX Winter is the model. They're a 10 ply LT truck tire, heavier than I need but it was a pretty good deal since they seem to be on clearance at CT. They are the same tread pattern as the LTX but with winter compound. One thing to note if anyone goes looking for them, make sure you check the manufacture date first. I went to 3 CT stores before I found a fresh set (manufactured last summer). The first two sets were manufactured in 2011!

Michelin LTX Winter Tires
I had no idea they made a winter LTX!
Sounds like you made an informed decision.
Glad you got a good deal. :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)