Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

2016 Winter Tire Rebates

Aug 23, 2012
310 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Tip Michelin has the best warranty compared to other companies

Clients of mine had a 2011 vechicle and they still got Michelin to pay out 70% of the tire

Complaint was cracking on sidewall due to curb rash
Jan 8, 2014
206 posts
26 upvotes
Brossard
Your advice is needed and appreciated... Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Hi,

As the winter season is approaching, I would like to seek your advice about winter tires. I bought Infiniti JX35 last summer. It came with the 20" tires (235x55x20). Now my questions are:

1- Do you recommend buying 20" winter tires and place them on the original rims or go lower to 18" with black steel rims?

2- Which do you prefer Toyo ( GSi-5 or G3-ICE) or BridgeStone Blizzak GM-V2?

3- Any extra recommendations is appreciated...

Thx
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
engineer4all wrote: Your advice is needed and appreciated... Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Hi,

As the winter season is approaching, I would like to seek your advice about winter tires. I bought Infiniti JX35 last summer. It came with the 20" tires (235x55x20). Now my questions are:

1- Do you recommend buying 20" winter tires and place them on the original rims or go lower to 18" with black steel rims?

Thx

In the OE size your options are very limited;

Bridgestone BLIZZAK DM-V2 - Out the Door Price $1,275.73

Continental WINTERCONTACT SI - Out the Door Price $1,641.85

Toyo OBSERVE GSI5 - Out the Door Price $1,420.37

***Above quote is for Winnipeg, MB***
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto, ON
engineer4all wrote: Your advice is needed and appreciated... Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Hi,

Thx
You should save money on the tires and rims if you downsize to 18". Change overs will be a much easier process as well.
Please respond
Jan 8, 2014
206 posts
26 upvotes
Brossard
⬆⬆⬆⬆

Hi again,

Thx for your feedbacks...

Beside the saving when I downsize to 18", what are other advantages I"ll get. I heard that it's better handling and gas saver?

Also between Toyo and Bridgestone, which one you'll pick?

Thx
Nov 29, 2015
9 posts
3 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Just bought a golf GTI 6-speed manual. About 60,000km on it. I usually don't get winter tires, but since this is my first manual transmission car I want to be extra safe. Any recommendations on tires to get for this car? Currently the previous owner has Michelin super sport 18" on the car, but those are performance tires which definitely won't be good for the snow...
May 24, 2015
352 posts
164 upvotes
Williams Lake, BC
Looking to buy my first set of winter tires +rims for a 2013 Ford fusion SE. 225/50/R17 is the size. Any recommendations for this vehicle? I haven't got a clue on which tires are better buys then others or what kind of rims I need.
Nov 10, 2016
1 posts
go to simplytire.com and check them out.

Bought continental si winter tires and 16 inch steel rims for my 2016 rav4 from them last week. Paid cash. In and out in less than 2 mins if you do pick up. Shop balanced and did everything needed for the tires, all i need to do is install myself. Price is $875 minus the $65 rebate which i haven't mailed yet. Overall price is $805 for the set.

Email Allen. Simply tire is the best deal in town! Read past forums this shop is highly recommended.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
howwon wrote: In the OE size your options are very limited;

Bridgestone BLIZZAK DM-V2 - Out the Door Price $1,275.73

Continental WINTERCONTACT SI - Out the Door Price $1,641.85

Toyo OBSERVE GSI5 - Out the Door Price $1,420.37

***Above quote is for Winnipeg, MB***
Tirerack.com says that you can minus size to 235-65-18. You would need to buy a set of four 18 inch steel rims however....OEM is best; hubcentric is better; lugcentric is fine. 18 inch winter tires should be quite a bit cheaper than 20 inch ones.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
ForFoxSake wrote: Looking to buy my first set of winter tires +rims for a 2013 Ford fusion SE. 225/50/R17 is the size. Any recommendations for this vehicle? I haven't got a clue on which tires are better buys then others or what kind of rims I need.
Tirerack.com has a slightly different size for your vehicle...235-50-17:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SelectTir ... ModClar=SE

Continental Wintercontact SI is available in a 225-50-17...similar performance to Blizzak WS80. Get them on sale from Canadian Tire and get them installed elsewhere.

Dave
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2133 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
yellowRose33 wrote: Just bought a golf GTI 6-speed manual. About 60,000km on it. I usually don't get winter tires, but since this is my first manual transmission car I want to be extra safe. Any recommendations on tires to get for this car? Currently the previous owner has Michelin super sport 18" on the car, but those are performance tires which definitely won't be good for the snow...
I just picked up Michelin Xice Xi3's for my '16 GTi. It was a toss up between these and the Bridgestone WS-80's.

I paid $1020 taxes in for the tires only in the stock size (225/40/R18). If you want to go smaller, 17's will clear your brakes for sure, maybe 16's if you don't have the larger sport brakes. You can save some money by going with the smaller diameter.
Sep 5, 2009
297 posts
56 upvotes
does simplytire charge $15 tire disposal fee and HST on top of the price list in their website? Or its included in a cash deal?
Sep 5, 2009
297 posts
56 upvotes
That makes them almost the same price as costco. Am I missing something here?
angel_wing0 wrote: It's separate
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
mdfaisal wrote: That makes them almost the same price as costco. Am I missing something here?
Costco didn't charge me for any tire disposal fee here in Alberta.

Dave
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
Would a minus size mess up your speedometer and odometer?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
yvrwindsor wrote: Would a minus size mess up your speedometer and odometer?
Not if the overall diameter are very similar. Rule of thumb is plus or minus 3% max.

Dave
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
After being one of the first to post in this thread with the conclusions found in my research, I finally bought and installed my new tires this week and I'm quite happy with my deal-stacking experience.

Conti WC SI 205/55/16 for $540 + $20 enviro tax + tax = $627.16 + 97.66 all-in for install on old rims = $724.82
To pay I used the $725 gift card I purchased from SDM for $652.5.
And then of course there's the $65 rebate card I will expect in the mail.
The icing on the cake was the 20x CT money bonus on Saturday where I got an extra $44.80 back.

Net price for a brand spanking new set of very good winter tires: $542.52!
Removed external link in signature.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
mdfaisal wrote: That makes them almost the same price as costco. Am I missing something here?
well u save 2% if you pay cash. And it includes installation. Dont know if costco includes that or not...and costco dont u need a mbsp to buy?

If you dont need install, u get another 70-90 off depending on the tires.
Jan 22, 2008
844 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
As I have a Rav, I called my local Toyota dealer to see what their prices were for the Blizzak DM-V2. While about $30 p/tire more than Costco, they said they would PM the tire price, but they couldn't PM the installation price (Costco is $15 p/tire and dealer was $139 for all four tires). Also, going through the dealer means mailing in the rebate form and waiting vs. getting the discount up front at Costco.

Think I will just stick to Costco since you can get an appointment for the installation.