Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Once]

2017/09/03 Duolingo - foreign language teachers only, essay (voting and judged), no QC

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 4:02 pm
Apr 15, 2013
505 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto

2017/09/03 Duolingo - foreign language teachers only, essay (voting and judged), no QC

Entry page: http://contests.duolingo.com/
Rules: http://contest.duolingo.com/tos

Eligibility: The Duolingo Back to School Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to Kindergarten through 12th grade teachers of foreign languages at a U.S. or Canada-based school (excluding Québec) who are U.S. or Canadian citizens or permanent residents and who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry.

Prizes: Sponsor will donate to the winner’s school one (1) Apple iPad [iPad 32GB Wi-Fi only] for each student currently enrolled in the winner’s foreign language class, up to a maximum of twenty (20). Approximate retail value: US$329 per iPad. If all twenty iPads are awarded, the total approximate value of the prizes will be US$6,580.

Determination Of Winner: One winner will be selected from among all Entries meeting the entry requirements received from eligible entrants during the Entry Period.
Upon submission, Entries will be available for judging by the public. Each entrant will receive a unique link to share with their network. Voting for each Entry can only take place using their unique link. Voting parties can only vote for one (1) Entry and votes cannot be changed once submitted. Voting parties will be asked to sign in with Facebook to verify their identity. The ten (10) Entries with the most votes by Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET will be selected as finalists. In the event a tie in the voting would result in there being more than ten Entries selected as finalists, Sponsor will judge all the Entries that qualify as finalists including the ones that tied in the voting.
Last edited by ph6704 on Aug 9th, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1944 posts
14270 upvotes
I just completed the Spanish Duolingo program. Still can't speak Spanish, but I can read it really well :D
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Apr 15, 2013
505 posts
1292 upvotes
Toronto
I'm currently trying the Ukrainian one as I took both Ukrainian and French as a second language up to grade 12. I thought I'd brush up on the Ukrainian first. This is a hugely addictive app!