Expired Contests

[Other] 2017/11/24 MASTERCARD® PRICELESS MAUI EXPERIENCE CONTEST , Purchase or NPN

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 7:52 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8112 posts
48635 upvotes

2017/11/24 MASTERCARD® PRICELESS MAUI EXPERIENCE CONTEST , Purchase or NPN

Grand Prize. There is one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won by the Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of: a trip for two (2) adults to Maui which shall consist of:
(i) round-trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest (“Guest”) leaving together from the Canadian International gateway airport closest to winner’s home in Canada to Maui, United States;
(ii) five (5) days and four (4) night’s stay at a four (4) star resort, in a luxury accommodation room to be selected by Sponsor and Prize Provider, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest based on double occupancy; and
(iii) One (1) $300USD Mastercard prepaid card.
(iv) The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value of Nineteen thousand four hundred eighty eight CDN ($19,488 CAD), based on a Toronto, Ontario departure. Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary based on point of departure. No difference between actual and estimated retail value will be provided.
(v) Included with the Grand Prize description above is: return economy transportation from the airport in Maui and selected resort; continental breakfasts during your stay; a sunset dinner cruise; a snorkel and sea turtle cruise; a traditional Hawaiian Luau; dinner at a local Hawaiian farm-to-table restaurant; a spa experience and dinner at Maui’s premier seafood restaurant all as selected by the Sponsor and Prize Provider in their sole and absolute discretion.
(vi) Winner and Guest must be available to depart anytime during the month of August 2018 or on such dates or month as selected by the Sponsor and Prize Provider in their sole and absolute discretion.

Online Instant Win Prizes. At the outset of the Contest, there are three thousand (3,000) online instant win prizes (each, an “Online Instant Win Prize”) available to be won. Each Online Instant Win Prize consists of a Mastercard $50 CAD prepaid card. The value of each Online Instant Win Prize is $50 CAD.

Obtain a PIN CODE: There are two ways to obtain a “PIN Code” as described below.
Each PIN Code can only be used one (1) time during the Contest Period. Each PIN Code will automatically expire at the end of the Contest Period, or after its first use (whichever occurs first). KEEP YOUR PIN CODE CONTEST CARD OR E-MAIL WITH PIN CODE AS THE SPONSOR OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVE MAY REQUIRE IT TO VERIFY YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO CLAIM A PRIZE SHOULD YOU BECOME A PRIZE WINNER OF ANY PRIZE. FAILURE TO PROVIDE YOUR CODE CONTEST CARD OR E-MAIL WITH PIN CODE ON REQUEST MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR.
(i) WITH ELIGIBLE TRANSACTION: A PIN CODE CONTEST CARD WILL BE ISSUED WITH ANY PURCHASE OF ELIGIBLE PRODUCTS, MADE USING YOUR MASTERCARD®. Eligible entrants who use their valid Mastercard® card to make a qualifying in-store purchase of an eligible product
(excluding purchase of prescriptions, all products offered or sold by a pharmacist in Quebec in the course of his/her profession, products that contain codeine, alcohol and tobacco products (where applicable)), at the checkout of any of the following participating Loblaws Inc. banner stores: Loblaws, Zehrs, Valu-mart, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, or Your Independent Grocer grocery location in Canada

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (“NPN”): PIN CODE CONTEST CARD ISSUED WITHOUT MAKING AN ELIGIBLE TRANSACTION, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Visit www.MauiExperience.ca between October 19, 2017 at 9:00:01 AM ET and November 15, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “NPN PIN Request Period”). Click on “Enter without Purchase” and complete an online No Purchase Necessary PIN Code request form (each a “NPN PIN Request”) which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, complete mailing address (including postal code), and year of birth and (ii) submit a 50 word or more unique and original essay in English or French stating “Why you would like to win the Priceless® Maui Experience” (the “Topic”). Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification within five (5) business days (“Email Notification”) that includes one (1) PIN Code. Please note that each NPN PIN Request
must have a unique 50 word essay on the Topic. Limit of one (1) PIN Code per NPN PIN Request. Because there is a limit of twenty eight (28) PIN Codes that can be entered per person during the Contest Period, there is a total limit of twenty eight (28) NPN PIN Requests per person
during the NPN PIN Request Period.

(a) Contest Cards will be available in participating stores during operating hours commencing on October 19, 2017 and ending on November 15, 2017 or while supplies last whichever occurs first (the “Transaction Period”).
(b) No Purchase Contest Card Requests will be accepted between 9:00:01 AM ET on October 19, 2017 and 11:59:59 PM ET on November 15, 2017 or while supplies last whichever occurs first (the “No Purchase Contest Card Period”.)
(c) No Purchase Bonus Entries must be received on or before November 24, 2017 (the “No Purchase Bonus Entry Period”)

Enter : http://mauiexperience.ca/

Rules : http://mauiexperience.ca/Market%20Maste ... s%20EN.pdf
72 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11052 posts
4149 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Thanks, happy to see they have an online PIN request instead of mail in.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4098 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
It seems they’ve finally shifted over to the Shoppers PR firm, looks very much like a Shoppers Contest.
Feb 15, 2017
112 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Why is there no HTTPS on the Enter Without Purchase page??
Apr 15, 2013
266 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
Just FYI, I have been in the Loblaws/Superstore twice since the contest period started. Last Sunday (Oct 23), at Superstore, the cashier had no knowledge of the contest and I let it go because I wasn't sure of the rules. Last night, at Loblaws, they had signs about the contest all over the store including at the till. I asked for my PIN card and the cashier told me it was an online contest. I stood in line at customer service for 10 minutes to ask for my PIN card and the customer service staff (two of them) had never heard of the contest. I pointed out the signs (at every single till) and one of them called another store to ask what was going on. After about 10 minutes, they realized that they hadn't received the PIN card box or somehow discarded it before distributing them. Discussion seemed to suggest it was a roll of paper, not cards but no one really knew for sure. And this was on day 7 of the contest!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4098 posts
15961 upvotes
Halifax
Haha...so it really is a Shoppers Contest. Sounds very familiar!!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3537 posts
26729 upvotes
Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification within five (5) business days.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1557 posts
336 upvotes
Edmonton
ph6704 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 12:55 pm
Just FYI, I have been in the Loblaws/Superstore twice since the contest period started. Last Sunday (Oct 23), at Superstore, the cashier had no knowledge of the contest and I let it go because I wasn't sure of the rules. Last night, at Loblaws, they had signs about the contest all over the store including at the till. I asked for my PIN card and the cashier told me it was an online contest. I stood in line at customer service for 10 minutes to ask for my PIN card and the customer service staff (two of them) had never heard of the contest. I pointed out the signs (at every single till) and one of them called another store to ask what was going on. After about 10 minutes, they realized that they hadn't received the PIN card box or somehow discarded it before distributing them. Discussion seemed to suggest it was a roll of paper, not cards but no one really knew for sure. And this was on day 7 of the contest!
I had a similar experience. The store had no contest cards and then when they found they stated that I needed to make a $25 purchase or more to get one. This against the rule
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3602 posts
20728 upvotes
North York
shoppingguy wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 11:25 pm
I had a similar experience. The store had no contest cards and then when they found they stated that I needed to make a $25 purchase or more to get one. This against the rule
Did you tell them that? I would contact head office
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3537 posts
26729 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 11:25 pm
According to the rules you must make a purchase using your MasterCard to get a PIN at the store. For NPN you are required to write an essay. So store was within its rights not to hand out a PIN, if these requirements were not met.