Expired Contests

[Other] 2017/11/24 MASTERCARD® PRICELESS MAUI EXPERIENCE CONTEST , Purchase or NPN

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 7:52 am
Apr 15, 2013
278 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
I reread the rules and I guess Superstore is not part of the promotion so no wonder they didn’t know anything about it. The Loblaws’ customer service person told me to come back with my receipt and they’ll give me the PIN at that time (assuming they have the PINs). I think I’ll just stick to requesting the PINs through NPE.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1588 posts
372 upvotes
Edmonton
BK2006 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 3:01 pm
According to the rules you must make a purchase using your MasterCard to get a PIN at the store. For NPN you are required to write an essay. So store was within its rights not to hand out a PIN, if these requirements were not met.
All requirements were met including using my PC Mastercard. The store had no idea where the PIN card were.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3644 posts
20881 upvotes
North York
ph6704 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 4:02 pm
I reread the rules and I guess Superstore is not part of the promotion so no wonder they didn’t know anything about it. The Loblaws’ customer service person told me to come back with my receipt and they’ll give me the PIN at that time (assuming they have the PINs). I think I’ll just stick to requesting the PINs through NPE.
Note that superstore has a contest to the Bahamas that also requires a PIN or essay entry. That contest is shared with No Frills and Maxi.

I would suggest that if u encounter ignorance in all these stores by cashiers and management, to contact head office. I was at Superstore just yesterday, cashier tells me she does not have any. I ask the manager and she goes: "its over" so i responded no its not, Its over sometime on November.....they are too lazy to check. Then i went to customer service and they gave me 5! Gees! Do not give up!

Note: correction: the contest last day was yesterday and i was at the store yesterday too so the pins were good until yesterday
Last edited by Rosibal on Oct 29th, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 30, 2016
328 posts
727 upvotes
Halifax, NS
ph6704 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 4:02 pm
I got a pin at Superstore yesterday...same contest, pin worked no problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3644 posts
20881 upvotes
North York
ImagineCH wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 8:29 pm
I got a pin at Superstore yesterday...same contest, pin worked no problem.
It is not same contest. Superstore is to Bahamas and Loblaws is to Maui.
Jan 30, 2016
328 posts
727 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Rosibal wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 8:35 pm
I'll have to dig it out and look, but I definitely entered the pin at http://www.mauiexperience.ca/ and it was accepted. Maybe I shouldn't have?

**Edit**the card says Maui on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3793 posts
27024 upvotes
Rosibal wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 8:35 pm
It depends on where you live- Atlantic Superstore is part of the Maui contest.

The following participating Loblaws Inc. banner stores: Loblaws, Zehrs, Valu-mart, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, or Your Independent Grocer grocery location in Canada.
Feb 12, 2005
396 posts
74 upvotes
Superstore in Ontario is Real Canadian Superstore and Superstore in the Maritimes is Atlantic Superstore. They aren't the same. I can price match at RCSS but not ASS.

I received a Maui contest card at the Atlantic Superstore and won a $50 prepaid MC on the first try. Smiling Face With Open Mouth I had to wait 5 days to receive an email from them so I was afraid that I made a mistake and wouldn't get it. Today, I got the email. It's a bit of a hassle to get the card though. I have to print out the declaration and release form, fill it out by hand and do by hand the skill testing question. Then I have to scan or take a picture of it and upload the image in my reply email to them. This has to be done by Nov 6.

The cashier gave me the contest card as soon as she saw that I was paying by PC Mastercard.
Apr 15, 2013
278 posts
705 upvotes
Toronto
BK2006 wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 10:24 pm
It depends on where you live- Atlantic Superstore is part of the Maui contest.

The following participating Loblaws Inc. banner stores: Loblaws, Zehrs, Valu-mart, Provigo, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, or Your Independent Grocer grocery location in Canada.
Yes, Atlantic Superstore is part of the Maui contest. I live in Toronto and our Superstore is not included in the promotion. When I received the email announcing the contest, I just assumed it was included given I shop at Superstore 95% of the time. Didn't read the rules!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11116 posts
4170 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Submitted a code request on Oct 28th and no reply yet. Anyone else having any luck?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
4136 posts
15965 upvotes
Halifax
Same, I’ve submitted a couple, no codes yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
3793 posts
27024 upvotes
BK2006 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 1:19 pm
Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification within five (5) business days.