Contests

[Other] 2017/12/02 The ParticipACTION “150 Play List” Contest 2017 (Can. 13+)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 6:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2013 posts
19460 upvotes
Ottawa

2017/12/02 The ParticipACTION “150 Play List” Contest 2017 (Can. 13+)

Starts January 6, 2017 @ 12:01 AM EST until December 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST

SIGN in-REGISTRATION PAGE - https://www.participaction.com/programs ... ist/prizes

During the Contest Period, go to www.participaction.com/150 (the “Website”), and sign up to create your profile.
Entrants who are under the age of majority in their province of residence must also confirm that they have parent / guardian to enter the contest, to disclose personal information and to agree to the contest rules.

If entering via Facebook, your Facebook account must be set to Public and you mist share your email address. If you opt to NOT share your Facebook email address, you will not be allowed to create an account and will be informed of this by the website which will then ask you to try again.

Limit one (1) profile per person/email address during the Contest Period.

How to Play - Entrants are encouraged to participate in the contest by logging into their profile and tracking activities listed in the 150 activity list. Each activity tracked could result in additional entries in to the contest.

Registering for the contest will garner 5 entries. This is issued only one time.
Suggest you READ the RULES for more details on activities, earning entries, entry limits, etc.

RULES: https://www.participaction.com/en-ca/pr ... list/rules

Limit of one (1) Grand Prize, one (1) Monthly Prize per person, and one (1) weekly Prize per person. RANDOM DRAWS.

GRAND PRIZE - one (1) Grand Prize available to be won at the outset of this Contest. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) Chevrolet vehicle valued at up to $40,000.00 CAD.

MONTHLY PRIZES - total of thirteen (13) Monthly Prizes consisting of a travel experience. The approximate retail value of each Monthly Prize is between $2,684.00 CAD and $4,400.00 CAD. The approximate odds of winning a Monthly Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Period. The total number of Monthly Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest Period as Monthly Prizes are claimed.
- 1 VIP Trip for 2 to the 2017 Manulife LPGA Classic (March prize); valued at $4,400 including 3 nights hotel stay, 2 Clubhouse Suite tickets, 2 flights to the event location, and ground transportation and spending money. Travel must be booked prior to the event start date.
- 1 VIP Trip for 2 to the 2017 Grey Cup presented by Shaw (September prize); valued at $3,350 including 2 nights hotel stay, 2 Grey Cup tickets, 2 flights to the event location, and ground transportation. Travel must be booked prior to the event start date.
- 11 Canadian Travel Experiences for two presented by Fairmont (one per month); valued at $2,684 including 3 nights hotel stay, 2 flights anywhere in Canada, Resort Credit.

WEEKLY PRIZES: a total of four hundred seventy (470) Weekly Prizes available to be won with arv of each Weekly Prize is between $100.00 CAD and $278.00 CAD.
- One hundred (100) Garmin Vivo Fit 3 devices valued at $140 CAD. Winners will be provided with a digital coupon for the product and product shipping via email to redeem on the Garmin website.
- One hundred and seventy (170) $100 CAD MEC Gift Cards. Winners will be provided with a physical MEC gift card valued at $100 via courier.
- One hundred (100) $100 CAD Tim Hortons Gift Cards. Winners will be provided with a physical Tim Hortons gift card valued at $100 via courier.
- One hundred (100) Fairmont Ovation Certificates - Collection B, Standard Room, Single Night Stays valued at $278 CAD. Winners will be provided with a physical Fairmont Ovation certificate valued at $278 via courier.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14986 upvotes
Halifax
I don't understand this contest. You get entries for tracking activities, but there really is no way to say anyone actually did any of them?

Maximum activities per day is 10. I did the maximum entries today and ended up with 60 entries (like almost everyone on leaderboard), with the first day bonus entries. One person has 65 entries, no idea how,

Anyway...at least the draws are random?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4149 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
You will earn 5 entries for registering, 10 for your first activity, and 1 entry for every completed activity following that.

how did you get 60 entries for a day? Today I only got 15 + 9 completed activities = 24?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14986 upvotes
Halifax
greg123 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 10:44 am
You will earn 5 entries for registering, 10 for your first activity, and 1 entry for every completed activity following that.

how did you get 60 entries for a day? Today I only got 15 + 9 completed activities = 24?
You also get 5 entries for the "first time" for each activity. If you looked at the leaderboard, almost everyone had 60 from yesterday. If you are picking repeat activities, they're only worth 1 point after the first time.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14986 upvotes
Halifax
Quidditch? Really? Lol

I'm not going to pretend I did some of these things, I guess I'll have to just take a hit on my entries.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14690 posts
18299 upvotes
ONTARIO
I don't even look at what each thing is I just click track on 10 of them til it tells me I maxed out and move on.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14986 upvotes
Halifax
You get different points for new vs repeat activities, are you tracking that?

I just picture winning something and being asked about how I liked playing sledge hockey. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2897 posts
25263 upvotes
I know most people are checking the activities and not paying attention, but I still think its low to say you have participated in something like Wheelchair Basketball (if you are not in a wheelchair), just to win a prize.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3738 posts
14986 upvotes
Halifax
Same, I can't do it. Once I've run out of activities I've actually done, I'll just take the hit on less entries on repeats.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2006
13851 posts
180 upvotes
Thanks
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Aug 22, 2012
175 posts
974 upvotes
Oshawa
sent a note when this first started re the fact that they are giving people who cheat an overwhelming chance at the prizes and typical of most sponsors they did not care. Here is her response:
Thanks for reaching out to express your concerns about the ParticipACTION 150 Play List.

Understanding that there is no technology in existence yet that can keep Canadians honest about how they participate in the Play List, we are working under the assumption that some users may participate honestly, and some may lie. It is our hope that people will not cheat the system, but we know that there are users who will try. We have designed our points system with this in mind, and will be watching behind-the-scenes for manipulations.

We have established a maximum number of entries per day based on what we feel is a realistic number of activities one person can try. We did not wish to cap this out at “one new activity per day” because we feel this might deter Canadians from participating all together.

Some Canadians will be excited and competitive about the list and may wish to knock off a few activities at once. We don’t want to deter people from doing this, and we feel 10 is a realistic number of new activities to try in one day. For example, during our launch event I tried curling, wheelchair racing, bean bag toss, a kayaking simulation, walking, running, stick pull and hockey all in the same day.

A side note – with regards to the users you saw with 60-65 points on day one, those were actually tests that we set up to ensure the site was working on launch day.

It is our hope that people like you will continue to be motivated to participate honestly to increase their physical activity levels.
After all, our primary objective is to get Canadians to sit less and move more. If more Canadians move even just a little bit more as a result of this program, we’ll consider it a success.

Best regards,

Michelle