• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2018 8:04 am
Sep 13, 2008
17 posts
5 upvotes
edmonton
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 4:30 pm
If you go into settings and do a TPS recalibration does the TPS sign go away?
Technician tried to clear all codes and performed factory battery reset but error will not clear. They had to call Honda engineer to figure it out. SRS control unit had to be replaced.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2649 posts
616 upvotes
Got my winter tires changed at kal tire today. When I picked up my vehicle I noticed the tech at kaltire turned on the ACC + LKRS for me. I have not yet used these features. Why do they do that? They also turned on the radio which I don't mind.
Dec 22, 2008
861 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver
braveblade wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:20 pm
Got my winter tires changed at kal tire today. When I picked up my vehicle I noticed the tech at kaltire turned on the ACC + LKRS for me. I have not yet used these features. Why do they do that? They also turned on the radio which I don't mind.
maybe he was just looking at the features and testing the radio. Or he might have assumed you turned off those features and radio when bringing your car in. Or when you change tires the Tire pressure warning will go off and he was hitting buttons trying to clear it and eventually found it in the dock screen settings.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2649 posts
616 upvotes
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:47 pm
maybe he was just looking at the features and testing the radio. Or he might have assumed you turned off those features and radio when bringing your car in. Or when you change tires the Tire pressure warning will go off and he was hitting buttons trying to clear it and eventually found it in the dock screen settings.
Thanks! Also there are some dirty footprints at the door panels. I had to wipe them off. They don't seem to care your brand new car like the tech at dealer's place do.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4299 posts
613 upvotes
Montreal
How do you guys like the CRV's suspension ? Is it soft enough to handle the potholes in Montréal? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2358 posts
571 upvotes
Kingston
cn_habs wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:46 pm
How do you guys like the CRV's suspension ? Is it soft enough to handle the potholes in Montréal? Thanks.
It's not a magic carpet but it's not a boneshaker either.
Dec 1, 2014
54 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Agree - if you are coming from a luxury car (lexus, acura, etc...), ride is maybe not as smooth or quiet but this new gen CR-V is leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. The CR-V does have a nice overall ride and I wouldn't consider the Montreal roads a factor in the buying process.

The quality of the tires also plays into overall ride quality. I'm likely going to swap to Micheline LTX in the spring and sell the OEM tires on kijiji.
JC69 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:54 pm
It's not a magic carpet but it's not a boneshaker either.
Dec 1, 2014
54 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON
No holes.

[/quote]Did they drill any holes?[/quote]
Dec 22, 2008
861 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:59 pm
Agree - if you are coming from a luxury car (lexus, acura, etc...), ride is maybe not as smooth or quiet but this new gen CR-V is leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. The CR-V does have a nice overall ride and I wouldn't consider the Montreal roads a factor in the buying process.

The quality of the tires also plays into overall ride quality. I'm likely going to swap to Micheline LTX in the spring and sell the OEM tires on kijiji.
Even on my 17" lauffen winter tires, The ride is smooth imho.

better than most SUVs. And agreed you cant compare to acuras or lexus. You have to compare to Rav4s, Rogues, etc
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5740 posts
362 upvotes
TO
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:47 pm
Even on my 17" lauffen winter tires, The ride is smooth imho.

better than most SUVs. And agreed you cant compare to acuras or lexus. You have to compare to Rav4s, Rogues, etc
Just curious how did you and others here found the ride of 2017/18 Rogue? I will be checking it out this weekend but my heart is set on CRV for now. My cousin recently leased the touring 17 edition and i loved the ride along with inside space.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

Smash that UPVOTE button and you'll feel better! Guaranteed or your thumbs back. 😂
Dec 22, 2008
861 posts
307 upvotes
Vancouver
TorontoEh wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 5:56 pm
Just curious how did you and others here found the ride of 2017/18 Rogue? I will be checking it out this weekend but my heart is set on CRV for now. My cousin recently leased the touring 17 edition and i loved the ride along with inside space.
Never test drove the 2017 Rogue myself. I drove 2016 Rogue and wasnt impressed. Same ride comfort as my 2006 altima at times.

Before settling on a CRV i drove a 2017 Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain, VW Tiguain.

I liked the CRV interior and ride comfort the most.
Dec 1, 2014
54 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I was just thinking about the CR-V test drives I did (yes, multiple.. 3 in total).

I remember the first one was an EX-L and I thought the road noise and ride was not as comfortable as I was expecting. I later test drove an EX and LX over a few weeks (not back to back).

The EX and LX seemed to have less road noise which got me thinking... could the EX-L be running different tires, over inflated tires, or did I just get use to it? Either way, my LX is quieter and it's Canadian made. Not sure about the EX-L assembly location (Canada or US) but was definitely louder. I also don't know how much the LX 17inch tires vs EX 18inch tires played a role.. both sounded the same.
lloyd_christmas wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:32 pm
Never test drove the 2017 Rogue myself. I drove 2016 Rogue and wasnt impressed. Same ride comfort as my 2006 altima at times.

Before settling on a CRV i drove a 2017 Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain, VW Tiguain.

I liked the CRV interior and ride comfort the most.
Oct 6, 2006
110 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
When I picked up my 2017 CR-V EX from the dealer I found the ride very stiff and the tires loud. I checked the tire pressure and the tires were way overinflated. I set the correct pressure for the front and back tires, they have different pressures, and the stiffness and noise went away.

That could be the reason for the noise and stiff ride you had.
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:42 pm
I was just thinking about the CR-V test drives I did (yes, multiple.. 3 in total).

I remember the first one was an EX-L and I thought the road noise and ride was not as comfortable as I was expecting. I later test drove an EX and LX over a few weeks (not back to back).

The EX and LX seemed to have less road noise which got me thinking... could the EX-L be running different tires, over inflated tires, or did I just get use to it? Either way, my LX is quieter and it's Canadian made. Not sure about the EX-L assembly location (Canada or US) but was definitely louder. I also don't know how much the LX 17inch tires vs EX 18inch tires played a role.. both sounded the same.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
30575 posts
5489 upvotes
Ottawa
FilaGuy wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 4:42 pm

Could have been several factors including engine type in the vehicle and could easily be tire brand and/or size. There are different brands of tires on the vehicles, even on the same model. My Touring came with Hankook but there was a touring in the showroom that had Continentals.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

terry0703