• Aug 14th, 2017 2:54 pm
Tags:
Aug 24, 2011
659 posts
354 upvotes
London
booblehead wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:11 pm
Do be careful on how many dealers are playing around with their side of discount + factory side credit.

Either you tell dealer this is the OTR price you are looking for or be specific on ...

- I am looking for x% off from the dealer side +
- I understand there is $3500 factory credit as well
- I will not pay certain fees and charges
- $0 down
- I am looking for things (accessories) to be included in the deal
When you say that you will not pay certain fees and charges, can you please list some examples booble?
Aug 18, 2014
228 posts
102 upvotes
Markham, ON
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:40 pm
When you say that you will not pay certain fees and charges, can you please list some examples booble?
Dealer Admin (this one is sometimes harder to avoid, most dealer try to charge $500 for it, usually you can get it down to $200-$300. I couldn't get them to waive it last time I bought a car with 7.5% discount tho so ymmv)
Globali / Security fees
Nitrogen

the only mandatory fees i believe are PDI & AC/Tire tax, licensing & registration. (basically government taxes)
everything else are "dealer markup"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:23 pm
http://www.buddsbmwhamilton.com/new/veh ... 303137.htm

Premium Package Enhanced
M Performance PackageI + II
martphone Connectivity Package
19inch M Light Alloy Wheel, Double-Spoke, Bicolour Orbit Grey
Alpine White, Black Dakota Leather w/ Blue Contrast Stitching

http://www.policarobmw.ca/new/vehicle/2 ... 043442.htm

Slightly used. Probably Demo
Premium Package Enhanced
M Performance Package I + II
19inch M Light Alloy Wheel, Double-Spoke, Bicolour Orbit Grey
Glacier Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather
Thanks, I would need specifically the options I want to make the switch though :P
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
pinkdonut wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:45 pm
Dealer Admin (this one is sometimes harder to avoid, most dealer try to charge $500 for it, usually you can get it down to $200-$300. I couldn't get them to waive it last time I bought a car with 7.5% discount tho so ymmv)
Globali / Security fees
Nitrogen

the only mandatory fees i believe are PDI & AC/Tire tax, licensing & registration. (basically government taxes)
everything else are "dealer markup"
I feel wheel locks and gas are pretty ridiculous as well.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18327 posts
3741 upvotes
Toronto
... vehicle care kit (floor mats charge) .. $300- $400. Used to be free (automatic thrown into the car about 5 yrs ago)
Full tank of gas $100 (typical).
Wheel locks $100 (typical).

If you are dealing with TCBMW, they will charge you carproof $50 (not a mistake ... even if you are buying a brand new car. LOL) + lien registration $25. Mind you, the PPSA $50 is supposed to include this lien registration charge already. Double dipping.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
Going to go in this weekend and see what the inventory is like around southern Ontario.
Will be going to T&C, just to see what's up, but would never buy from those crooks.
Mar 27, 2012
146 posts
56 upvotes
reyoasian wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:52 pm
Going to go in this weekend and see what the inventory is like around southern Ontario.
Will be going to T&C, just to see what's up, but would never buy from those crooks.
Inventory is starting to get slim for the 3series. A lot of them have weird packages and colours, but if you find something then its going to be a really good deal. Let me know if you want a good sales person to work with.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
misc049 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 3:54 pm
Inventory is starting to get slim for the 3series. A lot of them have weird packages and colours, but if you find something then its going to be a really good deal. Let me know if you want a good sales person to work with.
Yeah...and I know the options I want is probably impossible to find.
But we'll see...

I do have some folks but I don't want to hit them up until I'm sure, I don't mind keeping more in my pocket though so if you don't mind PMing me info, thanks! :)
Aug 24, 2011
659 posts
354 upvotes
London
I am guessing Freight is mandatory too even though it's sitting on the lot brand new?

I understand paying for freight when you factory order but for everything else, I wish it was sanctioned by a governing body (maybe it is?).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1255 posts
177 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 4:05 pm
I am guessing Freight is mandatory too even though it's sitting on the lot brand new?

I understand paying for freight when you factory order but for everything else, I wish it was sanctioned by a governing body (maybe it is?).
Freight and PDI are pretty much mandatory on new cars, but not on demos.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7904 posts
2042 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 4:05 pm

Well they could always blend it into the cost of the car, much like goods you purchase from the store. Shipping products isn't free you know.
Aug 24, 2011
659 posts
354 upvotes
London
EP32k2 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 5:02 pm
Well they could always blend it into the cost of the car, much like goods you purchase from the store. Shipping products isn't free you know.
Yeah definitely but imagine they offered free freight as an incentive (as long as they don't squeeze you else where!)?

Here is hoping we can order directly from the factory and pick it up ourselves!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7904 posts
2042 upvotes
Richmond Hill
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 5:16 pm
Yeah definitely but imagine they offered free freight as an incentive (as long as they don't squeeze you else where!)?

Here is hoping we can order directly from the factory and pick it up ourselves!
Factory is in Germany. So how exactly do you plan to bring the car back?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7904 posts
2042 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You are in a BMW thread...

Just saying