2017 CRA Assessment/Deposit Date

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 6:35 pm
Tags:
Oct 3, 2008
332 posts
92 upvotes
Canada
When it says assessed does that mean someone actually has already verified your tax return information as legit. If not why is there a huge delay in receiving payment? Not that big a deal just curious.
Also not that I would ever do it, but if you fudge up the numbers and the CRA doesn't verify the information for whatever reason what checks and balances are in place so people don't scam not paying taxes.

I'm just curious how this all works as it seems like it would be an insane amount of work to verify all these variables for every working Canadian out there.
Mar 1, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
Just an update , mine was in my account this morning ( PC ) that was due yesterday so hopefully everyone else received theirs as well .
Jun 19, 2015
238 posts
112 upvotes
I submitted Feb 22 and within less than 30 min it went to Assessed I think. Years ago my wife filed hers and it was stuck at "received" for like 3 weeks, then she got a letter in the mail...and to make a long story short we had slightly mistyped one of her T4 boxes.
Jul 22, 2015
883 posts
256 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
GRANDISON wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 1:15 am
When it says assessed does that mean someone actually has already verified your tax return information as legit. If not why is there a huge delay in receiving payment? Not that big a deal just curious.
Also not that I would ever do it, but if you fudge up the numbers and the CRA doesn't verify the information for whatever reason what checks and balances are in place so people don't scam not paying taxes.

I'm just curious how this all works as it seems like it would be an insane amount of work to verify all these variables for every working Canadian out there.
I don't think assesed means they have reviewed it but more like they have received it. As soon as I filed with SimpleTax, it was shown as assesed on the CRA website.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
17207 posts
3033 upvotes
Toronto
The anxiety is now over !

ChristineR427759 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 6:06 am
Just an update , mine was in my account this morning ( PC ) that was due yesterday so hopefully everyone else received theirs as well .
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2529 posts
795 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 7:12 am
I don't think assesed means they have reviewed it but more like they have received it. As soon as I filed with SimpleTax, it was shown as assesed on the CRA website.
I don't think it shows as assessed until they've actually processed it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2529 posts
795 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ChristineR427759 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 6:06 am
Mine was in my PC account this morning too!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1859 posts
215 upvotes
Ottawa
I, finally, received my tax refund this morning at PC Financial. I was checking late last night - I guess PC does not process deposits until early the following business day or something?
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Oct 3, 2008
332 posts
92 upvotes
Canada
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 9:33 am
I don't think it shows as assessed until they've actually processed it.
I looked it up and according to CRA definition assessed means it was "first time processed by our computer systems". They must have some kind of algorithm built in that checks for anything out of the ordinary.
Dec 26, 2015
19 posts
1 upvote
So who here with TD got theirs the same day? Mine says it's issued today (the 13th), and it is now 11:12 am (ontario), and it's not there. I'm guessing it'll be no later than tomorrow morning, but just curious roughly when TD people got it?
Jul 29, 2015
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wonder if there is a delay today because of the online shut down all weekend
Dec 26, 2015
19 posts
1 upvote
justme999 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:36 pm
I wonder if there is a delay today because of the online shut down all weekend
Damn, didn't think of that. I'm sure it's possible. Do you know if everything is up and running again?
Jul 29, 2015
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NicoleS620099 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:41 pm
Damn, didn't think of that. I'm sure it's possible. Do you know if everything is up and running again?
Yes it is back up now
Dec 26, 2015
19 posts
1 upvote
With TD and still do not have it, 5pm. In case anyone else comes across this thread.
Apr 3, 2011
14 posts
4 upvotes
I'm kind of worried as I have a future assessed date of March 16 however, there is no Notice of Assessment Available as of today March 15. In the past, the Notice of Assessment comes out about three days before the deposit date, showing the deposit date a few days in the future.

I'm hoping CRA changed it's procedure and does not issue the notice of assessment until the day the money goes into the account. Otherwise, I'm probably flagged for review., and will probably have to wait months for my money.

Can anybody confirm that the actual notice of assessment is not visible until the CRA post-dated assessed date?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel